ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Media Center>Marvel - Black Widow
Sure-Oz 08:41 AM 12-03-2019
New teaser

@MarvelStudios: "I’m done running from my past." Watch the new teaser trailer for Marvel Studios’ #BlackWidow. In theaters May 1, 2020.

https://youtu.be/RxAtuMu_ph4
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:09 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I’ll say this, just for me personally.

I prefer the theater experience for the big blockbusters over streaming at home for first time viewing. I like the huge Immersive screens with great sound. I’m willing to pay a little extra for the bigger screens. But I realize not everyone is that way.
There's nothing like seeing a great movie in a great theater.

Unfortunately, I don't know how much longer the movie theater business will last.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:20 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
There's nothing like seeing a great movie in a great theater.

Unfortunately, I don't know how much longer the movie theater business will last.

From a completely outside perspective, I assume it will be fine. While not as numerous as Starbucks, they seem to be everywhere. If half the theaters near me closed down, I'd still have half a dozen in close range. If you ask me, there are too many already and the industry needs to tighten up.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:25 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
From a completely outside perspective, I assume it will be fine. While not as numerous as Starbucks, they seem to be everywhere. If half the theaters near me closed down, I'd still have half a dozen in close range. If you ask me, there are too many already and the industry needs to tighten up.
Yea. In my area there is definitely an over abundance of theaters and screens. What I see right now is the newer theaters thriving and the old ones dying. But all the newer theaters have other streams of income as well. Bars, full service kitchens, bowling, arcades, laser tag, etc….

What I can see happening is the huge 20+ mega screen theaters dying. That’s way too many screens to fill anymore. But something like 8-10 screens is probably good.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:53 AM 07-23-2021
Pacific Theaters in Los Angeles, which was the best theater chain in the city and included the historic Cinerama Dome and Arclight, has closed. The Chinese theater is still open, as is El Capitan, but those aren’t massive multiplex complexes.

I have to drive about 25 minutes or more to the nearest AMC, which is in Burbank, unless I don’t mind paying $30 dollars for parking at Universal, which I do, and even then, those theaters are rarely, if ever, full.

Quinten Tarantino bought a small, failing Art House theater at the edge of East Hollywood recently to go along with his other purchase near The Grove, but as the Big Four move more and more towards Same Day Streamer release, the need for multiplexes will diminish substantially, and the continuing pandemic is only making it all so much worse.

Unfortunately, I think the end is much nearer for big theater chains than it was at the end of 2019 and there were plenty of people predicting its demise then.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:05 AM 07-23-2021
Pacific Theaters in Los Angeles, which was the best theater chain in the city and included the historic Cinerama Dome and Arclight, has closed. The Chinese theater is still open, as is El Capitan, but those aren’t massive multiplex complexes.

I have to drive about 25 minutes or more to the nearest AMC, which is in Burbank, unless I don’t mind paying $30 dollars for parking at Universal, which I do, and even then, those theaters are rarely, if ever, full.

Quinten Tarantino bought a small, failing Art House theater at the edge of East Hollywood recently to go along with his other purchase near The Grove, but as the Big Four move more and more towards Same Day Streamer release, the need for multiplexes will diminish substantially, and the continuing pandemic is only making it all so much worse.

Unfortunately, I think the end is much nearer for big theater chains than it was at the end of 2019 and there were plenty of people predicting its demise then.
That seems wrong.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:20 AM 07-23-2021

Yea, I noticed the bigger chains dying around here like Regal and AMC. the ones thriving are the local chains with a lot less theaters to operate.

Also, these studios have been shortening the theatrical to home streaming windows by A lot. Some are only like a few weeks to a month now. Wow.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:32 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
That seems wrong.
I know, man, and it sucks. Arclight/Cinerama Dome was my all time favorite movie theater, even above the Chinese.

I have very fond memories of the Cinerama Dome and the Arclight Theaters in particular, because I've seen friend's screenings in those theaters, as well as blockbusters like Avatar, Revenge of the Sith, Rogue One, the Star Trek reboot and dozens upon dozens more.

Arclight was the first theater in Los Angeles to have a full bar and restaurant inside the actual theater complex way back in 2002, with stadium seating and amazing sound. The ushers would have a presentation before each movie and on more than one occasion, stars of the actual film would be in the audience!

As a lover of cinema and great movie theater experiences, it's really heartbreaking that it's gone.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:45 PM 07-23-2021
I know, man, and it sucks. Arclight/Cinerama Dome was my all time favorite movie theater, even above the Chinese.

I have very fond memories of the Cinerama Dome and the Arclight Theaters in particular, because I've seen friend's screenings in those theaters, as well as blockbusters like Avatar, Revenge of the Sith, Rogue One, the Star Trek reboot and dozens upon dozens more.

Arclight was the first theater in Los Angeles to have a full bar and restaurant inside the actual theater complex way back in 2002, with stadium seating and amazing sound. The ushers would have a presentation before each movie and on more than one occasion, stars of the actual film would be in the audience!

As a lover of cinema and great movie theater experiences, it's really heartbreaking that it's gone.
That’s sad. Yea, I’ve heard some great things about that place.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:54 PM 07-23-2021

That’s cool and sad all at the same time.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:12 PM 07-29-2021

Scarlett Johansson is suing Disney over the release of "“Black Widow,” saying that releasing the film simultaneously in theaters and on its Disney+ streaming service breached her contract https://t.co/0MdErV9dve

— The Wall Street Journal (@WSJ) July 29, 2021

[Reply]
unlurking 02:59 PM 07-29-2021
Thought the reason they kept pushing the release date was to work something out with her. Guess not. I'd be pissed too.
[Reply]
Fish 03:04 PM 07-29-2021
She's smoking hot and all, but she comes across as a bit of a bitch.
[Reply]
eDave 03:06 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Over this, or in general?
[Reply]
DaFace 03:09 PM 07-29-2021
Thought the reason they kept pushing the release date was to work something out with her. Guess not. I'd be pissed too.
Yeah, if her compensation was tied to box office and they chose to make it available online without amending that agreement, she's got a legit argument.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:09 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
In this case she has a legit reason to be pissed.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Up