ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Al Bundy: Coke Dealer!
gblowfish 02:53 PM 08-04-2021
Saw this Twitter Thread listing a wild variety of cameo acting roles on the crime series "Miami Vice." Just amazing. Lots of now famous folks and musicians too. Check it out!

https://mobile.twitter.com/DannyDutc...25829189496833
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:27 PM 08-04-2021
Interesting coincidence this 'viral' thread listing pops up on Twitter the day Cocaine Cowboys: Kings of Miami came out on Netflix.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:50 AM 08-05-2021
Kind of interesting that the city/county/state/feds didn't consider Billions of $'s being made through crime a problem since people were voluntarily spending their money to put it up their nose. They didn't really forsee the side effects of this new thing.

Until the violence started. Then it became a "war" on drugs.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:14 AM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Kind of interesting that the city/county/state/feds didn't consider Billions of $'s being made through crime a problem since people were voluntarily spending their money to put it up their nose. They didn't really forsee the side effects of this new thing.

I don't know if you're talking about Miami Vice, Cocaine Cowboys, or the drug trade generally, . . . but MADONN. . . That Cocaine Cowboys documentary is turning into a real trip.

Shit has more twists and turns than a slip'n'slide.

Shit is almost like the drugs themselves. You end an episode and you're fiending for the next hit. It's seriously like Tiger King on steroids. Way better than any fiction someone could come up with.

Don't want to even hint at what is in store. Shit gets wild.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 12:01 PM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I don't know if you're talking about Miami Vice, Cocaine Cowboys, or the drug trade generally, . . . but MADONN. . . That Cocaine Cowboys documentary is turning into a real trip.

Shit has more twists and turns than a slip'n'slide.

Shit is almost like the drugs themselves. You end an episode and you're fiending for the next hit. It's seriously like Tiger King on steroids. Way better than any fiction someone could come up with.

Don't want to even hint at what is in store. Shit gets wild.
That’s no lie. I just finished this and damn, every time you’d think the story was being wrapped up it’s all, “But wait! There’s more!” As I watching the first episode they seemed to be flying through the story to the point I was starting to wonder if they were just giving an overview first and then would go back and flesh it out in the subsequent episodes. Nope, there was just that much story to tell about the later years that we just got a quick run through of the early days.

Very interesting and informative watch; South Florida’s reputation is well deserved.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:20 AM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Um, the Feds were the ones bringing it in...ever heard of "Iran/Contra"? Ollie North? The CIA (under the watchful eye of VP - and former Head of the CIA - George HW Bush) were bringing guns and money to Nicaragua for the Contras to fight their own government (huge no-no according to the United Nations), but they were bringing back all that cocaine that flooded the US in the early 80s...

"The War on Drugs" was just triple dipping after the fact, they raised taxes to "protect" us from the scourge that they were shipping in to us in the first place...which got us all used to tanks rolling down neighborhood streets to fight the "War on Drugs" and living in a police state...
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 11:41 AM 08-16-2021
I’m in the middle of the new cocaine cowboys but it just goes to show that you can be a multimillionaire and live a pretty sweet life for awhile as long as you’re not afraid of death or jail.
[Reply]
Huffmeister 03:45 PM 08-21-2021
I didn't realize that Miles Davis was the Beer Looter Dude.
[Reply]
Up