ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 191
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106156 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:36 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Calvin Austin was never a Hill level athlete :-)
You go to hell and you die!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:38 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I agree. The build would have to be thicker for me. Toney and Hardman are to light. Part of what made Tyreek good was he had a thicker build. Same with Rice but in different ways.

That's why I see a guy like Malachi Corley as interesting. He's just over 5'10" but 215 lbs. yes he's similar to Rice but if he runs in the low 4.4's and is available in the late 3rd rd, why not take him?

Also I'm still perplexed by Tabk Dell. That kid is 5'8" 165 lbs with 8.5" hands and was incredible. I guess outliers do come up
I'm unlikely to be taking a WR in the 3rd or 4th round because I've almost certainly taken one in the 1st or 2nd.

Maybe I'd take a value play in the 4th. But we still need some DL help pretty badly, LB and TE could use some reinforcements. OL is going to need freshening up soon enough (or some very healthy contracts to be handed out).

I just think there are likely to be better ways to spend that capital. Maybe not - if I take Tez Walker in the 1st and Jalen McMillan is sitting there in the 3rd, I'm gonna grab McMillan. But if I'm betting, I just don't think the board will fall that way.
[Reply]
O.city 03:45 PM 02-06-2024
As much as I'd love a WR early...the DL spot is fairly dire here. We need some bodies in the middle there. Now maybe that's not worth that high of a pick and they can throw some #s at it, but still.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:54 PM 02-06-2024
It's fun to speculate but we really don't know what we'll need until March. If they keep Chris Jones that changes shit. If they sign a WR in FA that changes shit too

I just want good players. I still like Felix but I'd rather not get a redshirt player next year
[Reply]
O.city 03:59 PM 02-06-2024
Yeah, we can't really have a full redshirt yeah like that again.

Granted, where we pick it just is what it is.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:19 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You go to hell and you die!
Couldn't resist. To be honest I get your later point re needing to fill other gaps with the picks. I just think I'm using FA to sort the DL largely so taking maybe a raw DT R2-3 is fine by me.

WR, even if we get an FA guy or 2 we're likely seeing MVS, James, Ross gone, maybe Toney, and Moore continuing to do nothing. There's a lot of guys there we probably should let go and we can get improve upon this draft. Guys like Washington and the other one Tajh I'm just looking for them to be solid depth and better than the current load of @ss. There's loads of guys like that I could see offering something.

To be honest if there's a decent receiving TE or RB in R4-5 I'd be just as happy with that. Those groups need bolstering too.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:54 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
As much as I'd love a WR early...the DL spot is fairly dire here. We need some bodies in the middle there. Now maybe that's not worth that high of a pick and they can throw some #s at it, but still.
That's a relatively inexpensive position in free agency.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:03 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
This is exactly what I was thinking, would be glorious. I've been pretty set on getting him, but to be honest I'm more and more relaxed about taking a few different routes. Any of the following works for me.

- Trade up ahead of the Bills for Franklin, call it good.
- Stay at 32 and get a traits guy like Legette, Mitchell or Walker (maybe) and double dip R4-5 with a guy like Malik Washington
- Move back and get one of the next tier in Wilson, Pearsall or Burton and again, double dip later.

We may not hit a home run and get a 1,000 yard rookie, but there's a lot of ways we end up better at WR.
We almost certainly WON'T, because we probably won't NEED to.

There's almost NO chance we don't bring in a vet as there's no way MVS is a Chief next year. You've got Rice, you've still got Kelce, there will be at LEAST one vet signing of significance and I'd be really surprised if we don't draft a WR in the first two rounds.

You've got a guy that's a legit threat to put up 1,000 plus, you've still got Kelce, you'll have another vet in the room, and you'll have a rookie that will be at BEST WR3 (so to speak) to start with.

So yeah, unless someone gets hurt, we won't be having a rookie go for 1,000 more than likely. It COULD happen, but probably not.
[Reply]
O.city 07:51 AM 02-07-2024
If they bring in a vet, I'd be more inclined to maybe take a swing at Legette with his measurables the upside would be theoretically higher.

But even then.....I dunno that I'd sacrifice any future picks.
[Reply]
Toad 09:57 AM 02-07-2024
IMHO, Brown or Mooney are the best fits to fill the field stretch role that will most assuredly be a gap if/when MVS is released.

I would like to see them take a shot at Hollywood.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:50 AM 02-07-2024
Draft Dudes took McConkey for us at 31 in their latest. Noted him as a sure handed, good route runner who would build quality chemistry with Mahomes. And they think Chemisty was a big issue for us this year.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:02 AM 02-07-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Draft Dudes took McConkey for us at 31 in their latest. Noted him as a sure handed, good route runner who would build quality chemistry with Mahomes. And they think Chemisty was a big issue for us this year.
Ohh many of us draftubators would meltdown if this happened :-)
[Reply]
Shoes 11:16 AM 02-07-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Draft Dudes took McConkey for us at 31 in their latest.
McConkey is an intriguing WR that I think boosted his stock at Senior Bowl week but I don't think he is going to test very well. Right now in this draft cycle is where his stock is gonna be at an all time high, he's a good route runner who understands how to manipulate defensive backs to win. 1 on 1's at Senior Bowl week plays to his strengths, where McConkey's stock will fall is when he runs a 4.56 40 time. He's 5'11, 187 pounds- the main question is going to be can he survive over the middle in the NFL and make catches in tight windows.

Personally I don't think too much seperates McConkey from Pearsall, I think they are cut from a similar cloth. I just don't see how anyone can justify a round 1 grade on McConkey though, measurables matter and he just doesn't have them.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:25 AM 02-07-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm unlikely to be taking a WR in the 3rd or 4th round because I've almost certainly taken one in the 1st or 2nd.

Maybe I'd take a value play in the 4th. But we still need some DL help pretty badly, LB and TE could use some reinforcements. OL is going to need freshening up soon enough (or some very healthy contracts to be handed out).

I just think there are likely to be better ways to spend that capital. Maybe not - if I take Tez Walker in the 1st and Jalen McMillan is sitting there in the 3rd, I'm gonna grab McMillan. But if I'm betting, I just don't think the board will fall that way.
A lot can change in the next 6 weeks but right now I think the odds of the Chiefs taking a WR in the 1st 2 rd is about 90%. The odds of them taking a DL in the first 2 rds, even if Chris stays, is at 50% and the odds of them taking an OL in the first 3 rds is pretty low.

I think they're 7 deep. I think Donovan Smith comes back, Thuney comes back and Allegretti stays while Wanya gets stronger in the off-season as the swing tackle. I don't really see IOL taken until day 3.

I honestly would not be shocked at all if we took 2 weapons in the first 3 rds, one of which being a TE.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:44 AM 02-07-2024
Oddly usually players don't say anything about where they want to go..Brock Bowers was all like I want the Titans to pick me.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 191
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106156 > Last »
Up