ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 71
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How good are the Chiefs chances at the AFC's #1 seed?
MMXcalibur 07:21 PM 11-21-2021
Updated: 12/19

Teams that actually matter in this conversation:

Kansas City (10-4) (vs PIT, at CIN, at DEN)

New England (9-5) (vs BUF, vs JAC, at MIA)

Tennessee (9-5) (vs SF, vs MIA, at HOU)

Baltimore (8-5) (vs GB, at CIN, vs LAR, vs PIT)

Buffalo (8-6) (at NE, vs ATL, vs NYJ)

Indianapolis (8-6) (at ARI, vs LV, at JAC)

LA Chargers (8-6) (at HOU, vs DEN, at LV)

---

Being 1 game back with six games to play seems incredibly generous given our shitty tiebreaker situation. I'll put our odds at 99.9999999%
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:09 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
The Patriots and Chiefs are both playing very well right now so I would not be surprised by an AFC Championship game rematch. In such a game, I would favor the home team.

But the Titans may be the best AFC team come playoff team if they get their best skill position players healthy on offense before the playoffs start but until they do, they are a marginal playoff team at best.

The New England-Tennessee game was closer than final score indicates but the Titans are not a team built to withstand the losses of Henry and 2 of their top receivers.

The Ravens have not impressed me recently. How much of that is injury issues that may be solved by the playoffs, I don't know. When the scariest thing about the Titans is Lamar Jackson's running ability and their FG kicker, I wouldn't bet on them making the SB.

I would not want to face the Titans in round 1 of the playoffs if they have their players back/healthy and well rested.
Derrick Henry isn't coming back this year. And they weren't going to challenge anybody for the Super Bowl even when he was healthy.

They're a fucking joke, and the only reason why you're afraid of them is because your team got jacked the last time they trotted out a lackluster offensive lineup and a limited game manager QB and hoped they wouldn't get the ball shoved down their throat in the running game.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:25 PM 11-29-2021
Chiefs need to win out, but even then, I suppose it’s possible NE wins out and takes the #1.

No matter how it shakes out seeding wise, I think barring anything crazy we are headed to NE/KC in the title game.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:30 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The Patriots are the scariest of the bunch as far as the Chiefs are concerned, only because their Defense is so sound, and the Chiefs offense has really struggled to find consistency. We know the Patriots play damn good coverage, and BB will find ways to ever further **** us on an issue we're clearly having problems with.

However, i feel like if our D keeps playing the way it has that they'd match up extremely well with NE. They'd press, pressure and smother that Patriots short passing game.

Chiefs vs Patriots might be one of those 13-9 type games.
The Patriots will fizzle fast . They just gave up 270 rushing yards to a Henryless Titans team. 6.9 ypc...... and 4 turn overs by the Titans.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:33 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Chiefs need to win out, but even then, I suppose it’s possible NE wins out and takes the #1.

No matter how it shakes out seeding wise, I think barring anything crazy we are headed to NE/KC in the title game.
@Buffalo
@Indy
Buffalo

Next 3 weeks gonna be interesting for them
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:39 PM 11-29-2021
If we end up playing NE in the AFCCG I'd just as soon go to Foxboro as play at home. Our defense is ruthless on the road.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:40 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
If we end up playing NE in the AFCCG I'd just as soon go to Foxboro as play at home. Our defense is ruthless on the road.
So is our offense...
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:15 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Derrick Henry isn't coming back this year. And they weren't going to challenge anybody for the Super Bowl even when he was healthy.

They're a ****ing joke, and the only reason why you're afraid of them is because your team got jacked the last time they trotted out a lackluster offensive lineup and a limited game manager QB and hoped they wouldn't get the ball shoved down their throat in the running game.
People were scared of average Titans teams the past few years, and now that they actually have a defense (and handed the Chiefs their worst loss in a long time), they're a joke?

When healthy, they were solid.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:21 PM 11-29-2021
The Patriots will fizzle fast . They just gave up 270 rushing yards to a Henryless Titans team. 6.9 ypc...... and 4 turn overs by the Titans.
Was not aware that they allowed 270. Amazing that a team could rush for almost 300 and still get blown out.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:30 PM 11-29-2021
Fuck that- we need to play at Arrowhead so I can go to 2 straight.

We were LOUD last year and that would be nothing compared to playing the Pats with a full crowd.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 08:37 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

Buffalo blows out the Patriots. Book it. I think Buffalo is the bigger threat in the AFC.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:11 PM 11-29-2021
We have Patrick Mahomes- other teams don't.

I think people need to remember this.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 02:10 AM 11-30-2021
Against Tennessee without Henry, Patriots were less concerned with the run and they tried to take away the pass. The Patriots strategy worked and Tannehill threw for only 93 yards.

The Titans did well running the ball but if you are going to play the "what if" game, realize their running numbers don't look nearly as good if you take away 2 runs.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:33 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Buffalo blows out the Patriots. Book it. I think Buffalo is the bigger threat in the AFC.
I just don’t see a blowout. Matter of fact I think the Pats win this game. Buffalo has no running game, or RB to scare anyone. Bill will clamp down the pass D with lots of pressure on Allen, and dare them to run (which they can’t). Plus how many big games have we seen Allen choke under high pressure? I think it’s a close game the Pats win.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:10 AM 11-30-2021
Buffalo and NE will likely split their two matchups. Will probably come down to their other games for the AFC East. Buffalo has a game at TB, NE plays at Indy. I like NE’s matchup against Wentz better than Allen against that D-Line in TB. NE will likely win the AFC East.

Chiefs will be competing with Titans (who are a mess right now, due to injuries) and the Pats for the #1 seed in the AFC. Also, don’t sleep on the Bengals. Playing really well the last 3 weeks and that game against KC in late December could have a big impact on playoff seeding.

Should be an interesting last month and a half.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:49 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Buffalo and NE will likely split their two matchups. Will probably come down to their other games for the AFC East. Buffalo has a game at TB, NE plays at Indy. I like NE’s matchup against Wentz better than Allen against that D-Line in TB. NE will likely win the AFC East.

Chiefs will be competing with Titans (who are a mess right now, due to injuries) and the Pats for the #1 seed in the AFC. Also, don’t sleep on the Bengals. Playing really well the last 3 weeks and that game against KC in late December could have a big impact on playoff seeding.

Should be an interesting last month and a half.
You're missing Baltimore in that equation, who is honestly the odds-on favorite at this point.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 71
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Up