ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 32
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nzoner [and the Mrs]
stevieray 12:57 PM 04-25-2021
Original OP about Nzoner's heart attack last spring is archived here.

Spoiler!

Latest on Kathy:

Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Well, coming out of the weekend, 3 straight days of bad news had me feeling like it was time to prepare for the worst. Thankfully, she proved me wrong, and it seems like things have stabilized for the moment. Her critical care Dr did say her lungs were sounding better as of yesterday, so that's a positive. However, it also sounds like he made it clear that she has a long road to recovery in front of her. But at least there's a shred of hope to cling to for the time being, I'll take it and be grateful for it.
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Okay, didn't take too much investigation to learn that meals are an issue for him. So here's my plan:

I am going down on Sunday to visit with him and watch the game. The Mrs and I will to do some grocery shopping prior to that and possibly prepare some meals for him as well for me to deliver to him.

Here's how you can help:

I need food ideas: After his heart issues earlier this year, he is on a heart healthy diet. Low fat and low sodium. This is a bit out of my wheelhouse so if anyone has suggestions for food or meals, please post them here. Please keep meal suggestions simple, we're willing to spend some time preparing things but we can't spend 4 hours making a heart healthy version of Duck a l'orange.

You can donate: If you want to kick in some money to help cover grocery costs I certainly will welcome that. PM me for details. For transparency's sake I will post a list of donors in this thread, but you can remain anonymous if you wish. I will also provide photos of what I buy plus receipts so there's no questions about where your money went.

I do have a couple other ideas I am pursuing as well, just need to figure out if there's a way to bring them to fruition. More on that later.

[Reply]
Pants 07:16 PM 04-25-2021
Get well soon, Nzoner!
[Reply]
BWillie 07:22 PM 04-25-2021
Be well Nzoner.
[Reply]
alanm 07:22 PM 04-25-2021
Oh wow! Just saw this. Man prayers to you Joe. Get well soon!!
[Reply]
Graystoke 07:26 PM 04-25-2021
Wishing for speedy recovery. God bless
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:29 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Katie:
Had a nice chat with him. Will go home Tuesday if all remains well. He had a totally blocked artery and has a stint and feeling pretty good considering.

Prayer for my good buddy.
Adding this to the OP as well. Thank you Katie!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:31 PM 04-25-2021
Prayers sent. Never have met him but I hear is one great guy !!:-)
[Reply]
bevischief 07:49 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Is he the guy with the fireworks stand?
Yes
[Reply]
bevischief 07:52 PM 04-25-2021
Done
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:55 PM 04-25-2021
Damn!!

Godspeed, my friend Nzoner! Prayers for a speedy recovery, Brother!
[Reply]
scho63 08:23 PM 04-25-2021
Double Prayers sent! Guy is a legend here. I don't want to lose him.

:-)
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:50 PM 04-25-2021
I'm hoping for a speedy recovery.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:04 PM 04-25-2021
One of the few people on CP that have never had a bad word said against him. Let's hope his recovery time makes Tyreek Hill look slow.
[Reply]
farmerchief 09:07 PM 04-25-2021
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
[Reply]
cdcox 09:37 PM 04-25-2021
I always get a feeling of dread when I see a thread with CP member as the title stickied. Glad to hear it was only a too close call. Sending positive thoughts and well wishes Joe's way.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:08 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by cdcox:
I always get a feeling of dread when I see a thread with CP member as the title stickied. Glad to hear it was only a too close call. Sending positive thoughts and well wishes Joe's way.
To be brutally honest, had Joe not made the significant changes in his lifestyle that he did a couple years back...this could very well have been one of "those" threads.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 32
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up