ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 32
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nzoner [and the Mrs]
stevieray 12:57 PM 04-25-2021
Original OP about Nzoner's heart attack last spring is archived here.

Spoiler!

Latest on Kathy:

Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Well, coming out of the weekend, 3 straight days of bad news had me feeling like it was time to prepare for the worst. Thankfully, she proved me wrong, and it seems like things have stabilized for the moment. Her critical care Dr did say her lungs were sounding better as of yesterday, so that's a positive. However, it also sounds like he made it clear that she has a long road to recovery in front of her. But at least there's a shred of hope to cling to for the time being, I'll take it and be grateful for it.
Okay, didn't take too much investigation to learn that meals are an issue for him. So here's my plan:

I am going down on Sunday to visit with him and watch the game. The Mrs and I will to do some grocery shopping prior to that and possibly prepare some meals for him as well for me to deliver to him.

Here's how you can help:

I need food ideas: After his heart issues earlier this year, he is on a heart healthy diet. Low fat and low sodium. This is a bit out of my wheelhouse so if anyone has suggestions for food or meals, please post them here. Please keep meal suggestions simple, we're willing to spend some time preparing things but we can't spend 4 hours making a heart healthy version of Duck a l'orange.

You can donate: If you want to kick in some money to help cover grocery costs I certainly will welcome that. PM me for details. For transparency's sake I will post a list of donors in this thread, but you can remain anonymous if you wish. I will also provide photos of what I buy plus receipts so there's no questions about where your money went.

I do have a couple other ideas I am pursuing as well, just need to figure out if there's a way to bring them to fruition. More on that later.

[Reply]
Dartgod 09:24 PM 11-06-2021
This sucks. Prayers to both of you.
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:31 PM 11-06-2021
I just got off work did Joe have another heart attack?

And Kathy's not well yet
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:40 PM 11-06-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
I just got off work did Joe have another heart attack?

And Kathy's not well yet
No, he didn't.

These updates are getting really hard to post...her heart stopped but they were able to revive her with CPR and now she's going on the ventilator. I'm sorry I don't have better news.

[Reply]
KS Smitty 09:48 PM 11-06-2021
Kathy's been on my mind all day. Sending prayers to her and Joe, 2 of the most real people you could ever hope to meet.
[Reply]
ROYC75 10:58 PM 11-06-2021
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
No, he didn't.
Oh Thank the Lord!

Now let's get Kathy well again! I know first hand covid can be a pest to get rid of, saw it up close for 2 weeks.

Prayers for Kathy everybody!:-)
[Reply]
bevischief 12:37 AM 11-07-2021
Originally Posted by luv:
I must not see all of her Facebook posts. That last I knew was that Joe and his dad and stepmom came down with covid. Reading through her feed now. She does a good job of putting her attention on others. This just makes me want to cry. She's the sweetest, most patient, and down-to-earth person I think I've met. How is Joe holding up?
This.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:00 AM 11-07-2021
Prayers sent. I will light a candle for them both at Mass this morning as well.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:56 AM 11-07-2021
Really hoping she can win that fight. The NZoner bashes that they hosted always seemed like the best time. Any wife cool enough to allow a bunch of internet strangers into their home for a weekend of fun and debauchery doesn’t deserve this kind of pain and suffering. Sending best wishes for a full recovery and for some peace and comfort to find the entire NZoner family soon. It’s been a rough stretch for them all. It never makes any sense when it happens to the good ones.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:57 AM 11-07-2021
:-)
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:17 PM 11-10-2021
Well, coming out of the weekend, 3 straight days of bad news had me feeling like it was time to prepare for the worst. Thankfully, she proved me wrong, and it seems like things have stabilized for the moment. Her critical care Dr did say her lungs were sounding better as of yesterday, so that's a positive. However, it also sounds like he made it clear that she has a long road to recovery in front of her. But at least there's a shred of hope to cling to for the time being, I'll take it and be grateful for it.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 02:19 PM 11-10-2021
Good prayers still up.
[Reply]
ROYC75 02:38 PM 11-10-2021
Come on Kathy, be strong girl, you can defeat this stuff!
[Reply]
luv 04:22 PM 11-10-2021
They'll never ask, but is there anything that they need right now besides prayer?

Thanksgiving is coming up. We could set up a fund to hire someone to come in and prepare a meal for them or get their Christmas decorations up. Someone to come in and clean and prepare heat and serve meals a few times per week? Or we could just give them money for whatever they need right now.
[Reply]
Bugeater 05:04 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by luv:
They'll never ask, but is there anything that they need right now besides prayer?

Thanksgiving is coming up. We could set up a fund to hire someone to come in and prepare a meal for them or get their Christmas decorations up. Someone to come in and clean and prepare heat and serve meals a few times per week? Or we could just give them money for whatever they need right now.
Joe's sister came up from Louisiana and is holding down the fort for them at the homefront. As far as anything else...I just don't know. We've actually had them up here for the past two Thanksgivings, pretty sure that's not going to happen but I know Joe loves the leftovers so maybe we'll take some of ours down for him.

Funny that you mention Christmas decorations...have you ever seen what she does to the place for Christmas...I don't think you could hire someone to replicate it. :-)
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:21 PM 11-10-2021
Joe's sister came up from Louisiana and is holding down the fort for them at the homefront. As far as anything else...I just don't know. We've actually had them up here for the past two Thanksgivings, pretty sure that's not going to happen but I know Joe loves the leftovers so maybe we'll take some of ours down for him.

Funny that you mention Christmas decorations...have you ever seen what she does to the place for Christmas...I don't think you could hire someone to replicate it. :-)
Still, if there's a fund or something we could give to in order to help them out this Christmas or whatever, I'd be down.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 32
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up