ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 32
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nzoner [and the Mrs]
stevieray 12:57 PM 04-25-2021
Original OP about Nzoner's heart attack last spring is archived here.

Spoiler!

Latest on Kathy:

Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Well, coming out of the weekend, 3 straight days of bad news had me feeling like it was time to prepare for the worst. Thankfully, she proved me wrong, and it seems like things have stabilized for the moment. Her critical care Dr did say her lungs were sounding better as of yesterday, so that's a positive. However, it also sounds like he made it clear that she has a long road to recovery in front of her. But at least there's a shred of hope to cling to for the time being, I'll take it and be grateful for it.
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Okay, didn't take too much investigation to learn that meals are an issue for him. So here's my plan:

I am going down on Sunday to visit with him and watch the game. The Mrs and I will to do some grocery shopping prior to that and possibly prepare some meals for him as well for me to deliver to him.

Here's how you can help:

I need food ideas: After his heart issues earlier this year, he is on a heart healthy diet. Low fat and low sodium. This is a bit out of my wheelhouse so if anyone has suggestions for food or meals, please post them here. Please keep meal suggestions simple, we're willing to spend some time preparing things but we can't spend 4 hours making a heart healthy version of Duck a l'orange.

You can donate: If you want to kick in some money to help cover grocery costs I certainly will welcome that. PM me for details. For transparency's sake I will post a list of donors in this thread, but you can remain anonymous if you wish. I will also provide photos of what I buy plus receipts so there's no questions about where your money went.

I do have a couple other ideas I am pursuing as well, just need to figure out if there's a way to bring them to fruition. More on that later.

[Reply]
007 08:41 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
I'll never forgive Nzoner for what he tried to do to Tony Stark.

Oh hell. I can't unsee that now.
[Reply]
chief52 09:47 PM 05-04-2021
Hang in there Nzoner! I’ll never forget the KC tailgate you and friends so generously shared with me. It was 2005...looked it up. I’ll never forget it. God bless you.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 03:22 PM 05-05-2021
Sending good thoughts Nzoner - you're one tough SOB.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:21 PM 05-06-2021
You've come a long way brutha...keep on keepin' on! God Bless!
[Reply]
scho63 07:46 AM 05-07-2021
Great to hear Nzoner. I hope you got to say goodbye to Patteau on your way back from the great beyond.
[Reply]
Nzoner 11:50 AM 05-08-2021
Good news from the doc,my heart had no damage and I may resume living just in her words,"let your body be your guide." Also do not miss my blood thinner medicine daily as if the stent clogs I could drop dead.

My chest still feels like I got kicked by a Missouri Mule at times but they said that's going to take awhile to heal.

Once again thank you for all the prayers,thoughts,laughs etc. I hope one day soon I can see everyone.

May God Bless you all,love you Nzoner!!
[Reply]
HayWire 01:19 PM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Good news from the doc,my heart had no damage and I may resume living just in her words,"let your body be your guide." Also do not miss my blood thinner medicine daily as if the stent clogs I could drop dead.

My chest still feels like I got kicked by a Missouri Mule at times but they said that's going to take awhile to heal.

Once again thank you for all the prayers,thoughts,laughs etc. I hope one day soon I can see everyone.

That's awesome. Take care of yourself
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:00 PM 05-08-2021

Wonderful news!!
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 03:29 PM 05-09-2021

Very cool. Great news for you and your family. Take care brother.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:03 PM 05-10-2021

Other than the physical pain, how does your chest feel? I know people that have had stents put in and said that it was like someone removed an anvil from their chest. They could breath better, they felt more limber, etc.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:23 AM 05-11-2021
Joe, very happy to see you getting better.

I have a question and you can choose not to answer but it is a personal curiosity. Did your doctor have you on any kind of cholesterol med (perhaps a statin?) prior to this heart attack?
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:57 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Other than the physical pain, how does your chest feel? I know people that have had stents put in and said that it was like someone removed an anvil from their chest. They could breath better, they felt more limber, etc.
Feels good but then again I was a very heavy smoker until last November when I quit cold turkey so I'm still adjusting to that as well.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:59 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Joe, very happy to see you getting better.

I have a question and you can choose not to answer but it is a personal curiosity. Did your doctor have you on any kind of cholesterol med (perhaps a statin?) prior to this heart attack?
None and I hate to admit it but I hadn't seen a doc in over two years.I made this bed and have no one or nothing to point a finger at other than the man in the mirror.
[Reply]
Otter 02:05 PM 05-11-2021
Feels good but then again I was a very heavy smoker until last November when I quit cold turkey so I'm still adjusting to that as well.
Best decision ever. Brisk walk for 30 minutes a day. Lots of water I'm a believer in supplements.

Keep on, keepin' on, brother.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:55 PM 05-11-2021
WELCOME BACK BUDDY!!!!!!
[Reply]
Page 16 of 32
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up