ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 57
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Media Center>Horror Movies
Sorter 05:50 PM 10-18-2012
Please recommend me some for the season. I'm currently fresh out ideas, sans Sinister which I'll be seeing this week.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:56 AM 11-02-2021

[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:01 AM 11-02-2021
We got halfway through "The Descent". This movie ticks a lot of boxes for a horror flick so far. Highly recommend this one.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:51 PM 11-03-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
We got halfway through "The Descent". This movie ticks a lot of boxes for a horror flick so far. Highly recommend this one.
Yes for sure bud!
[Reply]
Mennonite 07:42 AM 11-04-2021
Black Christmas (2019)

Frumpy 30 year old sorority girls vs the black magic (magic of color?) wielding patriarchy! Woke feminist horror with a PG 13 rating so you know it's gonna be super scary.

From the back of the dvd:

From the producer of Get Out and Halloween, comes a timely take on a cult horror classic as a campus killer comes to face a formidable group of friends in sisterhood. Hawthorne College is quieting down for the holidays. But as Riley Stone and her Mu Kappa Epsilon sisters prepare to deck the halls with a series of seasonal parties, a black-masked stalker begins killing sorority women one by one. As the body count rises, the sisters start to question whether they can trust any man. Whoever the killer is, he’s about to discover that this generation’s young women aren’t about to be anybody’s victims.

Needless to say, stick to the original 1974 version:

[Reply]
ModSocks 01:52 PM 11-05-2021
If you're a fan of the Paranormal Activity franchise then you should check out the latest one that released last weekend. You can stream it on Paramount+.

IMO it's one of the better ones of the franchise and wraps up the story nice and neat. It fills in some of the blanks that the earlier movies left as cliffhangers.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:48 AM 11-12-2021
Watched Incident in a Ghostland, last night. Thought it was really good. Netflix has it right now .
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:02 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
If you're a fan of the Paranormal Activity franchise then you should check out the latest one that released last weekend. You can stream it on Paramount+.

IMO it's one of the better ones of the franchise and wraps up the story nice and neat. It fills in some of the blanks that the earlier movies left as cliffhangers.
You've still gotta explain this one to me. I didn't see much connection to the other installments.

In Ghost Dimension, Toby was finally able to possess a real body, but that happened in like 2014 or something.

Spoiler!

Unless I missed a bunch of big things, there really wasn't a connection.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:56 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You've still gotta explain this one to me. I didn't see much connection to the other installments.

In Ghost Dimension, Toby was finally able to possess a real body, but that happened in like 2014 or something.

Spoiler!

Unless I missed a bunch of big things, there really wasn't a connection.
Godamnit you motherfucker now im the confused one and gotta go back and read some Paranormal lore. I swore i had it all figured out, maybe not haha.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:20 PM 11-23-2021
I watched Hell House LLC on Amazon Prime tonight and I enjoyed it. It's part documentary, part found footage. I was thoroughly creeped out at points.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:36 PM 11-23-2021
I watched Hell House LLC on Amazon Prime tonight and I enjoyed it. It's part documentary, part found footage. I was thoroughly creeped out at points.
the first one from a few yrs back?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:53 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
the first one from a few yrs back?

Yes, sir. I want to say from 2017, maybe..? Apparently there are two more. Have you seen them? Are they worth checking out?
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:51 AM 11-24-2021
yep - enjoyed each one (I think there was 3?).
[Reply]
Rausch 06:27 PM 11-24-2021
I watched Wisconsin Death Trip and Exit Humanity last night.

The first is basically a re-enactment of news articles out of the paper in a town from 1890-1900. It really makes you appreciate how much we have and how bad things can be. Horror because this did and can happen.

Exit Humanity is an excellent indie flick with a small cast and the premise: what if a zombie outbreak happened right after the civil war? It's really impressive what they did with a tiny budget and how they got around it. The Sci-fi channel should be hiring directors like this.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:03 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
yep - enjoyed each one (I think there was 3?).
OK, we watched the second. It definitely came off a little lower budget than the previous. The girlfriend and I both liked it, but agree that the first was probably better.

It's kind of hilarious because these movies have a pretty reliable formula that always creeps me out. The camera pans across the room, everything is the way it is; as it pans back you notice something is off, not the way it was just a second ago. Maybe it's a manakin that was facing away from the camera that's now looking directly at us, or there was a shadow in a corner and now it's gone. Very simple but it gets me every time.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:06 AM 11-29-2021
Oh, and I also watched VHS 1994 or whatever. I didn't love this one.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 57
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Up