ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 322 of 382
« First < 222272312318319320321322 323324325326332372 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 09:08 AM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by phisherman:
That beer is OK; not one of their best really. Generic NEIPA.
Pretty much the gist I got from my buddy
[Reply]
lewdog 10:26 AM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Tried this tonight... this one and the same variety without banana are my two favorite from Hubbard's Cave (and maybe a bit of foreshadowing... :-) )

I want a date.

https://tcbcbeer.com/on-tap/
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:37 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I want a date.

https://tcbcbeer.com/on-tap/
Looks like they have a few interesting beers.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:22 AM 09-05-2021
Bearcat showed up in Chicago and we sampled some beers

My favorites were:

More/Bottle Logic - Double Origin
Riverlands - Campfire Tales
Mikerphone - BA Smells Like Bean Spirit (2021)
Mikerphone - BA Softly Spoken Lies

[Reply]
eastsidedawg 07:49 AM 09-05-2021
the best summer beer :-)
Attached: beer-2783719_4adcf_hd.jpeg (204.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:19 AM 09-05-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Bearcat showed up in Chicago and we sampled some beers

My favorites were:

More/Bottle Logic - Double Origin
Riverlands - Campfire Tales
Mikerphone - BA Smells Like Bean Spirit (2021)
Mikerphone - BA Softly Spoken Lies
Thanks again, great beer and company.

Mikerphone followed by Revolution, followed by that lineup made for a rough morning, heh.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:27 AM 09-05-2021
Thanks again, great beer and company.

Mikerphone followed by Revolution, followed by that lineup made for a rough morning, heh.
Now drinking: copious amounts of Powerade Zero
[Reply]
lewdog 09:35 AM 09-05-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Now drinking: copious amounts of Powerade Zero
I’m pounding the Citrus Peach right now.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:47 PM 09-05-2021
Found a 2016 BCS Coffee tonight and it was fantastic. I've heard of concerns with coffee fading in vintage beers, but that one had aged beautifully.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:53 PM 09-11-2021
Raising money for Montana skate parks.

I'm just catching a buzz because a crazy toddler refused to go back to bed at 4:30 and decides he no longer needs naps.

[Reply]
Bearcat 06:12 PM 09-13-2021
I'm not sure what could have possibly made this beer trip any better outside of finding more time for KC brews.

Off the plane, in a Lyft, to Mikerphone within minutes... Mikerphone never disappoints. The Bean Spirits are hard to beat, the port beer was interesting (grew on me) and Down with the Thiccness was great and definitely a smoothie beer.

Originally Posted by :
Smells Like Bean Spirit Double Maple Stout - Coffee, 8% ABV
Breakfast stout ale with Maple Syrup & Tugboat Coffee.

Imperial Smells Like Bean Spirit - Hazelnut Stout - Imperial / Double Coffee
10.5% ABV
Imperial Breakfast Stout w/ Tugboat Sumatra Coffee, Vermont Maple Syrup and Hazelnuts

Horus Blends A-Lot Stout - Imperial / Double, 14.22% ABV
Blend of Barrel-Aged Imperial Stouts Hand-Select by Kyle from Horus Aged Ales

Portugal. the Beer Barleywine, 12.5% ABV
Oat Wine Aged in Tawny Port Wine Puncheon Barrels

Down With The Thiccness Other, 6% ABV
Smoothie-Style Ale with Banana, Peanuts, and Marshmallows

The Reflex Pale Ale - Milkshake, 5% ABV
Fruited Pale Ale with Strawberry, Lactose, and Mosaic Hops
Spoiler!

Then it was onto Revolution's Brewpub to meet KCU. Great coffee stout and really good food.

Originally Posted by :
Supermassive Café Deth
ABV:14.8%
Notes: A weaponized quantity of freshly roasted whole bean coffee from Dark Matter Coffee Roasters imbues our Deth’s Tar Barrel-Aged Imperial Oatmeal Stout with assertive coffee aromatics without overshadowing the base beer on the palate. Pair with rich food or enjoy on its own. Keep cold. Enjoy now. We mean it.
Followed by a hand selected BA blind tasting at KCU's. I think my favorite was the BL/More collab, but they were all great BA stouts... there was one more in the lineup, but I hit a wall after 2 rounds of Mikerphone, 2 (or 3?) drinks at Revolution, and these heavy hitters.
:-)

Also hit up another restaurant and had a 2017 BCS Coffee. :-)

Originally Posted by :
Mikerphone: Barrel-aged Imperial Smells Like Bean Spirit with Tugboat coffee.

Mikerphone: BA Softly Spoken Lies, with cinnamon aged in Heaven Hill bourbon barrels.

Bottle Logic/More collab: Double Origin

Riverlands: S'mores
Spoiler!

Drove to Decorah for the Toppling Goliath beer pilgrimage. I don't know if there could possibly be a better time to go to TG... 3 Term Oils on tap and some in the fridge, Mornin' Delight, Kaiju Clash, Cherry Fandango. I would 100% drive 9 hours round trip just to have another flight (well, I had 3 an was there for over 4 hours).

Originally Posted by :
Term Oil Coconut Monster Cookie, 13.4% ABV
Inspired by one of our favorite cold-weather treats, this bourbon-barrel-aged stout will warm you with notes of fresh monster cookies baked with heaps of honey-glazed toasted coconut, a touch of peanut butter, and candy-coated chocolates.

Term Oil Fluffernutter, 13.1% ABV
Term-Oil Fluffernutter begins with a special blend of Imperial Stout that aged in bourbon barrels for well over a year. To that already decadent base, we added dry roasted peanuts, peanut butter, marshmallow, and vanilla beans to create the liquid version of the classic Fluffernutter sandwich.

Kaiju Clash, 14% ABV
Collaboration with Bottle Logic. 20 month bourbon barrel imperial stout with Vanilla & Panama Geisha Coffee. Notes of vanilla frosting, dark chocolate, and fresh frothed espresso that segues into bourbon drizzled brownies.

Cherry Fandango, 5.1% ABV
Pouring a seductively red hue, with aromas reminiscent of cinnamon crusted cherry pie; this kettle sour treat is both tart and sweet. No pits about it, just the cherry on top, bottom and middle.

(and the list goes on)
Spoiler!

And made a quick stop at Pulpit Rock... they didn't have Collab-o-rate on tap and their other beers were kind of disappointing. They had a coffee porter that was good, but only had a couple there and bought a can of collab.

Spoiler!

Back in Chicago, went to More the next day. Pretty sure this was the first time trying More beer (except for the collab) and I was thoroughly impressed. The stout was fantastic and the others were impressive as well. Apparently just missed one of their best stouts, but no biggie at that point.

Originally Posted by :
Henna: Coconut Double Rainbow Stout - Imperial / Double, 14% ABV
Imperial Stout with strawberry, vanilla, chocolate & coconut.

Lemon Meringue Double Marbles IPA - Imperial / Double Milkshake, 7.5% ABV
Milkshake-style Double IPA with Meyer lemon, vanilla, & milk sugar added.

Double Frooted Jam Fruit Beer, 8% ABV
Smoothie-style Ale with Red Raspberries, Tart Red Cherries and Black Currants
Spoiler!

Didn't get around KC much when I was there and should have taken better notes, but did try some local stuff... there was a Crane pineapple sour that was pretty good, and another non-KC one that stuck out was Golden Road Brewing Mango Cart Wheat.

Also had a German smoke beer that was very good along with a double bock that I was pretty impressed with... had several beers I normally wouldn't try.

[Reply]
MTG#10 05:08 PM 09-17-2021
This shit is phenomenal. 13.5%.
Attached: 20210917_180344.jpg (111.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:44 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
This shit is phenomenal. 13.5%.
How much does it cost?
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:56 PM 09-17-2021
How much does it cost?
$14/4pk in Springfield...
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:23 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
$14/4pk in Springfield...
Nice, not bad at all.

I've tried very few of their stouts in recent years (granted, they don't make many), but that one looks like it's worth a shot if it makes it out here.

Brandyland is probably the last one I enjoyed, even though it was lacking stoutness for the ABV. I had higher hopes for Rye on Rye Maple a few months ago on tap, but it was a dud.
[Reply]
Page 322 of 382
« First < 222272312318319320321322 323324325326332372 > Last »
Up