ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 309 of 382
« First < 209259299305306307308309 310311312313319359 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:17 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Revolution has the best barrel program in Chicago. Because they're within the top 20 biggest craft breweries in the US, they don't get the scarcity hype, but their program is top flight.

I actually stopped into the brewery today for this:

18% sweet jesus
[Reply]
Pablo 04:20 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
18% sweet jesus
No shit. LOLOL. Can they legally sell you more than a couple of those at the bar KCU?
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:22 PM 04-17-2021
18% sweet Jesus diabeetus
Fixed that for you. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:27 PM 04-17-2021
Anything under 14%, might as well be drinking an O'Douls.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:29 PM 04-17-2021
Oh and HBD brah.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:49 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
No shit. LOLOL. Can they legally sell you more than a couple of those at the bar KCU?
No one here drinking sub 10% dark beers, its how we cope.
[Reply]
scho63 04:58 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
They have a peanut butter & cocoa nibs reserve out right now, too.
You like sweeter beers than me. Ill take a chance and try one. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 05:00 PM 04-17-2021
18% sweet jesus
After 2 or 3 you might see Jesus. Holy Christ! :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 05:03 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
No one here drinking sub 10% dark beers, its how we cope.
I can hit the booze harder than most, but that's the kind of shit that will get you blasted in no time. Let's go grab a few beers turns into a blackout reeealll quick I'd imagine.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:20 PM 04-17-2021
I can hit the booze harder than most, but that's the kind of shit that will get you blasted in no time. Let's go grab a few beers turns into a blackout reeealll quick I'd imagine.
Those beers are for sipping and savoring!

If it's a 16-22oz can/bottle, I'll leave half of it in the fridge so it doesn't get warm, that's how long I nurse them.

One of the rare times a few weeks ago that I opened two at a restaurant, they were 14%, but I was there for 2 or 3 hours and chowing down.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:28 PM 04-17-2021

If it's a 16-22oz can/bottle, I'll leave half of it in the fridge so it doesn't get warm, that's how long I nurse them.

One of the rare times a few weeks ago that I opened two at a restaurant, they were 14%, but I was there for 2 or 3 hours and chowing down.
We need to hook back up soon, been disappointed in the PHX beer selection, realized it's because I don't know shit about what's distributed here. Sure I'm missing out on some beauts.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:52 PM 04-17-2021

Fair enough. I'm not to the sipping and savoring stage with beer of any variety to be frank. If you put that glass in front of me I'm going to drink it slower than normal because it's motor oil but it's still gonna get gone at a decent pace. Shit I just killed a couple Tank 7's in under an hour and I'm feeling just fine.

But I'm talking a bit out of my ass when it comes to these kinda brews. I don't really drink too many stouts, porters, dark whatever beers though and those sit completely different on your stomach than most everything else. Feels like you ate a burger after you drink a Blvd BBQ. And I guess that's weak shit at 11 ABV by some standards.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:02 PM 04-17-2021
We need to hook back up soon, been disappointed in the PHX beer selection, realized it's because I don't know shit about what's distributed here. Sure I'm missing out on some beauts.
Go to King's... their bar is open again, plus they have growler fills and plenty of stuff to take home. Great place to try before you buy.

I'll let you know when I make it down there again. I follow King's, Craft Beer Quick Stop, and Ground Control on untappd and facebook, so it's usually just a matter of time before I see a beer I really want to try and find other rationalizations to make a day of it.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:14 PM 04-17-2021
Go to King's... their bar is open again, plus they have growler fills and plenty of stuff to take home. Great place to try before you buy.

I'll let you know when I make it down there again. I follow King's, Craft Beer Quick Stop, and Ground Control on untappd and facebook, so it's usually just a matter of time before I see a beer I really want to try and find other rationalizations to make a day of it.
Have you been to Trevor's in South Scottsdale?

They have a bar and what appears to be a large beer selection.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:19 PM 04-17-2021
Fair enough. I'm not to the sipping and savoring stage with beer of any variety to be frank. If you put that glass in front of me I'm going to drink it slower than normal because it's motor oil but it's still gonna get gone at a decent pace. Shit I just killed a couple Tank 7's in under an hour and I'm feeling just fine.

But I'm talking a bit out of my ass when it comes to these kinda brews. I don't really drink too many stouts, porters, dark whatever beers though and those sit completely different on your stomach than most everything else. Feels like you ate a burger after you drink a Blvd BBQ. And I guess that's weak shit at 11 ABV by some standards.
:-)

You get used to it, from both an ABV perspective and heaviness on the stomach. I wasn't used to the 14%+ when I first moved here and put down a 22oz Modern Times Monster's Park (~14.5%) one Saturday afternoon. Moved onto something else and at one point realized.... holy shit, I'm drunk.... at 2 in the afternoon. Really wasn't expecting that. :-)
[Reply]
Page 309 of 382
« First < 209259299305306307308309 310311312313319359 > Last »
Up