ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 121 of 1208
« First < 2171111117118119120121 1221231241251311712216211121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
srvy 07:29 PM 03-05-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Recipe called for a 10-inch cast iron, and all I have is an 8- and 12-inch. So just used a couple cake pans.

Will make the cast iron work next time, and probably put it on my steel for a little boost in crust browning.

Got some good crust development. Wasn't quite as crispy as I'd have liked it, but the structure was good.

Best part was probably the homemade sausage, to be honest.
After you posted a link to a Amazon sale for a 10 in Lodge cast iron skillet. Thats on you bud but loos good so what do I know.
[Reply]
Buzz 07:54 PM 03-05-2016
Thanks. Here's the cooked beef and mushroom pie. Really good. Will definitely do this again.

Looks good, I didn't expect that from the first pic. Here's mine and who says you cant fry an egg in cast iron...
Attached: 000_0008.jpg (90.8 KB) 000_0011.jpg (65.1 KB) 000_0006.jpg (112.4 KB) 
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:32 PM 03-05-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Slaps bbq on central ave.

Really good, you locals are doing yourselves a disservice if you aren't eating here.
AND they asked where we had heard of them and my wife told them chiefsplanet lol
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:38 AM 03-06-2016
Had to brag about last nights dinner... went to Chicago for the Accept concert - AWESOME, a packed house at the Arcada - but before that we stopped at Portillos, world famous for their Italian roast beef sammich

All the tv guys like Bourdain, Fieri etc have went there to pay homage... and let me tell you that sammich is without question the single best sammich I've ever had, just incredible

Had mine dipped and added the giardiniera, unreal, absolutely perfect... if you ever get the chance, you're remiss to pass it up

There are two apiece in Arizona and California, the rest are up in Chicagoland

Dont miss it
[Reply]
Dunit35 12:12 PM 03-06-2016
Pork shoulder butt was on sale locally. Smoked it on Friday. Pulled pork sammiches on Friday, pork tacos Saturday lunch, pork nachos Saturday dinner, and pork tacos again for today's lunch. Not bad for a $10 piece of meat.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:41 PM 03-06-2016
Found chicken leg/thigh quarters on sale yesterday for $.67/lb. Added an equal amount of wings and made a shitload of pressure cooker chicken stock. Took a while since I had to do it in two batches, but I'm set for a while. Homemade is so good.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 09:45 AM 03-07-2016
I hot smoked a salmon side yesterday. Forgot to take pics before I vacuum sealed it for storage.

Also, did sous vide burgers last night again. Soooo good.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:54 AM 03-07-2016
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
I hot smoked a salmon side yesterday. Forgot to take pics before I vacuum sealed it for storage.

Also, did sous vide burgers last night again. Soooo good.
I have yet to do that... always mean to, never actually do it.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:59 AM 03-07-2016
I have yet to do that... always mean to, never actually do it.
doooooooo eeeettttt!
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:21 PM 03-07-2016
For those Italian sausage lovers, this is a really nice starting point. Did this over the weekend for my pan pizza and really liked it.

http://www.food.com/recipe/seasoning...sausage-178446
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:30 PM 03-07-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Had to brag about last nights dinner... went to Chicago for the Accept concert - AWESOME, a packed house at the Arcada - but before that we stopped at Portillos, world famous for their Italian roast beef sammich

All the tv guys like Bourdain, Fieri etc have went there to pay homage... and let me tell you that sammich is without question the single best sammich I've ever had, just incredible

Had mine dipped and added the giardiniera, unreal, absolutely perfect... if you ever get the chance, you're remiss to pass it up

There are two apiece in Arizona and California, the rest are up in Chicagoland

Dont miss it
It's not bad i was up there this summer. Decent sandwich.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:41 PM 03-07-2016
I made chicken meatballs, with mushroom gravy ( with lots of mushrooms, some bay leaf, garlic and thyme) over mashed potatoes served with peas and carrots. No pic. Ran out of time.

Recipes courtesy of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives from a diner called "Hey Meatball" in Toronto. Have made this before three times. It is really good. Called for chicken thighs, thyme, pinch of nutmeg, garlic, a dash of cream and bread crumbs. I used 3/4 or 2/3rds thighs and add some white meat and also use white pepper and a dash of onion granules. I did not add all that olive oil at the end. Mushroom gravy is awesome.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/wi...r-0202612.html
[Reply]
Stewie 02:49 PM 03-07-2016
Found chicken leg/thigh quarters on sale yesterday for $.67/lb. Added an equal amount of wings and made a shitload of pressure cooker chicken stock. Took a while since I had to do it in two batches, but I'm set for a while. Homemade is so good.
I've been buying Aldi's "Never Any" whole chickens ($1.49/lb.). No added solutions or other things (antibiotics, etc.). I cook the whole chicken with carrots, onions, celery and other veggies I might have around. We eat the chicken and veggies and I get about 2 cups of liquid when all is said and done. I put it in a fat separator and filter.

By definition it's a broth, but it works in so many recipes.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:04 PM 03-07-2016
Originally Posted by Stewie:
I've been buying Aldi's "Never Any" whole chickens ($1.49/lb.). No added solutions or other things (antibiotics, etc.). I cook the whole chicken with carrots, onions, celery and other veggies I might have around. We eat the chicken and veggies and I get about 2 cups of liquid when all is said and done. I put it in a fat separator and filter.

By definition it's a broth, but it works in so many recipes.

Do you keep the fat? I keep it and fry eggs.
[Reply]
Stewie 03:16 PM 03-07-2016
Do you keep the fat? I keep it and fry eggs.
I don't keep the fat. I fry eggs in butter/oil. I don't get a lot of fat in the leftover liquid (I think it coats to the veggies).
[Reply]
Page 121 of 1208
« First < 2171111117118119120121 1221231241251311712216211121 > Last »
Up