ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 26
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Single Men Own Cat(s)?
BEAVER 12:01 PM 03-24-2023
This topic came up at the bar last night.

My take - Single guy owning a cat = Beta and should not happen.

There are some extenuating circumstances by which one might end up with a cat. Dead Wife, Girlfriend, Mom, Sister.

But if a single guy actually makes the effort to get a cat as a pet? Unacceptable.

I knew the final word could be found here on CP. This place is a bastion of what is right.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:26 PM 03-24-2023
I HATE cats. It's cool when it is your friends or someone you are dating but other than that, NO! Fun to visit but not fun to own.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 07:27 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Weird thread. And a strange lens to view the world and other men through.
Says the fat boy with rainbow lenses. Color me shocked.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:32 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:

:-):-):-):-)

This shit's hilarious. True, but hilarious.
[Reply]
notorious 07:33 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
If you can keep your other critters out, put an autowaterer full of antifreeze out and take care of those god ****ing mice. But if you have other cats, get another cat.
I need to get off my lazy ass and just put a bucket trap out there.

My dogs run all over the place, they'd find the antifreeze and Chiefsplanet themselves.
[Reply]
deegs 07:46 PM 03-24-2023
I think cats are awesome but 2 of my last 4 dogs have had too much prey drive to risk it. IDK, seems like a weird hang up to me
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:57 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Weird thread. And a strange lens to view the world and other men through.
You're in no possible way above anything going on here

Just give an honest take then shut the fuck up for once
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:01 PM 03-24-2023
Grandma cats hide under the furniture and slash at little boy's legs. Little boy grows up and wears cat punters
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:05 PM 03-24-2023
I have a cat... he is a farm cat. I moved onto this property on June 1, 2019 and on June 4th we heard loud meowing outside. Super long story short I won the cat's trust with hotdogs and he has been here ever since.

We have a routine... he comes to the farm when it gets dark. He hangs out for about 3-4 hours, gets some food and water, gets some love, then bounces. *IF* he has to use the bathroom while inside... he literally goes to the bathroom and pees in the tub which I just wash down. He hasn't pooped in the house in over 2 years aside from the one night I thought he was out but wasn't.

The average lifespan of an outdoor cat is 3-5 years and this guy is sitting at the 4 year mark.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:07 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You're in no possible way above anything going on here

Just give an honest take then shut the **** up for once
:-)
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:08 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Says the fat boy with rainbow lenses. Color me shocked.
Big Daddy threw himself head first into a thread where some insecure dipshit is obsessed with making silly rules about what being a man is. He knew this was his moment with his people.

Shocked. :-)
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:13 PM 03-24-2023
It doesn't matter what kind of pet it is when you walk through an animal shelter and look at them in their cages. They'll all melt your heart.
[Reply]
Otter 08:16 PM 03-24-2023

[Reply]
Bump 08:18 PM 03-24-2023
I like my cat. She was a stray and I didn't go out of my way to take her in, she kind of made the effort there by simply trying to be my friend and guess what, that's all it took. She's the nicest cat I've ever been around, doesn't turn crazy on you and touch her she purr's.

It may not be an alpha thing for a male to take care of an animal and form a bond with. It's probably more of a sigma male thing.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:34 PM 03-24-2023
I lived in a shitty apartment in Chicago that had a mouse problem. Traps and poison proved ineffective. So I got a cat. The next morning, I saw something on the floor of the dining room, kind of slick looking, about the size of my thumb. It was the remains of a mouse. The cat had chewed its legs off and... somehow skinned it. She was sitting about three feet away with a look on her face like "you'll never see another one of those motherfuckers in here." And I never did. That was about 30 years ago, and I've had a cat, or multiple cats, ever since. Most of that time I was married, although for a few years of it I was single.

I like dogs, but I like them the same way I like kids - when they belong to other fucking people and I don't have to deal with their crap. If I still lived in the country, I'd certainly have a dog or two. But I live in the burbs, and don't have a fenced in yard, so I choose not to deal with the headache that comes with dog ownership. I'm not a slave to my cats. I don't have walk them on a leash when it's 100 degrees outside, or 10 degrees with three feet of snow on the ground. They never leave the house. I don't have to worry about my cats attacking kids or strangers, again, because they never leave the house and they're cats. If we go on vacation, we have friends who will come over every couple of days and feed them and deal with the litter boxes. Those same friends would not want to swing by five or six times a day to walk a dog. I know some people have dogs for protection. Well, I have guns for that, and I don't have to worry about them trying to eat the mailman. And every cat I've owned has been affectionate. You just have to know how to deal with them.

I know there are a lot of people who hate cats. I don't give a shit. And apparently there are those who hate cat owners. Don't give a shit about that, either.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:40 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I lived in a shitty apartment in Chicago that had a mouse problem. Traps and poison proved ineffective. So I got a cat. The next morning, I saw something on the floor of the dining room, kind of slick looking, about the size of my thumb. It was the remains of a mouse. The cat had chewed its legs off and... somehow skinned it. She was sitting about three feet away with a look on her face like "you'll never see another one of those motherfuckers in here." And I never did. That was about 30 years ago, and I've had a cat, or multiple cats, ever since. Most of that time I was married, although for a few years of it I was single.

I like dogs, but I like them the same way I like kids - when they belong to other fucking people and I don't have to deal with their crap. If I still lived in the country, I'd certainly have a dog or two. But I live in the burbs, and don't have a fenced in yard, so I choose not to deal with the headache that comes with dog ownership. I'm not a slave to my cats. I don't have walk them on a leash when it's 100 degrees outside, or 10 degrees with three feet of snow on the ground. They never leave the house. I don't have to worry about my cats attacking kids or strangers, again, because they never leave the house and they're cats. If we go on vacation, we have friends who will come over every couple of days and feed them and deal with the litter boxes. Those same friends would not want to swing by five or six times a day to walk a dog. I know some people have dogs for protection. Well, I have guns for that, and I don't have to worry about them trying to eat the mailman. And every cat I've owned has been affectionate. You just have to know how to deal with them.

I know there are a lot of people who hate cats. I don't give a shit. And apparently there are those who hate cat owners. Don't give a shit about that, either.
This is spot on. The travel thing is a huge one for me. We've got friends who never go anywhere because they'd have to deal with someone watching their dog. Cats are fine for a long weekend. They almost prefer it.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 26
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up