ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Some prospects I love, and where I love them.
Direckshun 01:11 PM 11-22-2022
RB Sean Tucker, Syracuse

Where you rank Tucker will depend on what exactly you think has happened this season. Entering the season, he was thought of as a dark horse threat for the Heisman, between his good feature back size and fantastic breakaway speed to house touchdowns. Since then, he just... hasn't been great. He's been good, and draftable, but he's not been great, a threat to go in the 1st round and a slam dunk 2nd day pick.

What happened this year, is honestly up to people who watch the Orangeman closer than I do. Personally, I think the offensive line has been better this season than it was last season, even though they've had some injury concerns.

Ultimately, this goes back to a philosophy change I believe the Chiefs should make, and just completely commit to power running and gap schemes. This has paid dividends with Pacheco, and 2021 Tucker leaves Pacheco in the dust, with the same skillset but better size and equivalent speed. 2022 Tucker honestly looks like a midround pick.

If the Chiefs discern there's something holding Tucker back that I don't see, they may consider going earlier given how well he replicates (and potentially improves upon) Pacheco's skillset. But while I like him, wouldn't spend more than a 5th on him right now.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:20 PM 11-22-2022
RB Zach Charbonnet, UCLA

Maybe the biggest hole on the Chiefs roster isn't right tackle after all, if you're a believer in some of the work Andrew Wylie has put in (I'm not). But the sneakiest big hole on the Chiefs offense is just having a 220 lbs back who can slam into the line and earn a yard on 3rd and inches. And if the Chiefs offensive line keeps leaning into power and gap schemes, having a one-cut power back may be the answer.

Enter Zach Charbonnet. This guy is an absolute wrecking ball when he gets moving, and I think he showcases good enough hands to be a weapon in the passing game at or near a Spencer Ware level of production. He's a surprisingly patient runner, too, which can get him in trouble but there is more than a little LeVeon Bell to his game. I mean the Bruins' run game is an absolutely meatgrinder to play against.

He's missed some time with unclear injuries this season, though, so that's something teams will have to evaluate. I think there's a case to be made that he's a product of Chip Kelly's system in UCLA as well -- they just ran for 400 yards on Arizona State when Charbonnet was out.

That being said, his skillset is promising, and he may very well be a 2nd rounder in this draft if his Combine delivers. For now, I like him at the end of the 2nd day.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:35 PM 11-22-2022
DT Byron Young, Alabama

Man, I really like Young. I wish he fit our defense better. He's a firey leader and a high effort guy.

But Young needs to go to a 3-4 team that plays a lot of two-gapping. He'd be a great 5-tech in that scheme. He weighs in at 295 lbs, but he plays with the strength of a bigger guy. Extremely thick arms that hold OL off his body, before he casts them aside to swallow the run. In a scheme where they ask you to hold your block and free up the linebackers, he may be worth a 2nd day pick or a 4th rounder.

As it stands, we do not run that scheme. We ask our DTs to largely shoot gaps, which he can't do effectively. We also ask them to try to create some passrushing production, which he cannot do.

He makes sense for the Chiefs in the late rounds, if at all, and only if the Chiefs have done next to nothing at the 1-tech position. Young can give you rotational 1-tech snaps in our defense, but he's not of use much of anywhere else. I really like his skillset but I don't see how the Chiefs could spend any more than a 6th rounder on it.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:48 PM 11-22-2022
RB Eric Gray, Oklahoma

We had a whole lot of questions about OU heading into this season, and Gray was one of them, given that his career there so far had been middling and disappointing. And while Oklahoma has failed to fulfill many expectations, Gray has exploded through them.

Gray is (mostly) the guy that the Chiefs thought they drafted when they selected Clyde Edwards-Helaire in the first round. Quicker than fast, good change of directions, undersized and lacking in long speed, utilizes his football IQ to find open space in the passing game. Gray is 100% all of that, but he is mostly unproven in the passing game in the way Clyde was coming out of LSU.

Gray has shown good hands, and I get the impression of him that he's exceptionally smart, so I'd like to see how he does in interviews when asked about route concepts. For now, he looks like a really smart, solid contributor who can find creases, get the yards he's supposed to get and maybe more sometimes, who can grow into a really solid passing weapon as well, and serve as a "glue guy" in the locker room.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:41 PM 11-22-2022
Man Ya'll this team needs Jordan Addison.
[Reply]
O.city 03:07 PM 11-22-2022
Foskey would be a nice pick at DE.
[Reply]
Hark Clunt 09:01 PM 11-22-2022
foskey seems like an obvious pick for us, if we can get him. zach charbonnet looks interesting, but i don't really want to take a running back in the early rounds either.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:36 PM 11-22-2022
Foskey
Jared Verse
Andre Carter II
BJ Ojulari

All guys that would be a nice match for the Chiefs long-term opposite Karlaftis.
[Reply]
O.city 09:02 AM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Foskey
Jared Verse
Andre Carter II
BJ Ojulari

All guys that would be a nice match for the Chiefs long-term opposite Karlaftis.
If Foskey makes it to 20, would you spend a 3rd to go up and get him?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:08 AM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I would but people could have already guessed I would say that.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:09 AM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Depends on how many of the other DEs are left. But I'd consider it, sure.

Is a 3rd enough to get from 31 to 20, though?
[Reply]
O.city 10:13 AM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Depends on how many of the other DEs are left. But I'd consider it, sure.

Is a 3rd enough to get from 31 to 20, though?
What did it take to go up and get McDuffie? I thought it was a third.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 11:00 PM 11-22-2022
I am intrigued by Siaki Ika. Anyone else? Seems like rare size, speed and some decent moves to boot.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:06 AM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I am intrigued by Siaki Ika. Anyone else? Seems like rare size, speed and some decent moves to boot.
Yep think he's going to be taken between our first and second picks, but if he made it to the 2nd I wouldn't hate that pick there. Maybe a bit rich for a DT but a run stuffer with plus-level pass-rush and room to grow would go a loooong way to improving the DL.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 08:53 AM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Yep think he's going to be taken between our first and second picks, but if he made it to the 2nd I wouldn't hate that pick there. Maybe a bit rich for a DT but a run stuffer with plus-level pass-rush and room to grow would go a loooong way to improving the DL.
I have been thinking that this may be the best way to improve our pressure rate. If we are elite inside then it means that the edge should be able to get more pressure too.

I would rather get a top level interior guy than a second rate edge guy.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up