ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2739 of 4898
« First < 1739223926392689272927352736273727382739 274027412742274327492789283932393739 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:29 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
As much as I dislike Denver, they are in better position with a top 5 quarterback to win it all over the next 3 years then Green Bay.

Packers are in less than an ideal situation cap wise and Denver has more picks as well.

As long as the Broncos don't have to overpay in draft pick compensation, going to Denver makes a lot of sense for Rodgers. Lower expectations but still a shot to win it all if Rodgers plays at a top 5 QB level.

Brady is just about gone if not gone and he only stays for another year in Tampa if it looks like Tampa Bay will reload and arguably have a little more talent than Green Bay again... While it may be easier to get through the NFC than the AFC next year with even San Francisco probably transitioning to a new QB, beating Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Stafford, Dak don't matter enough.

What better way for Rodgers to improve his somewhat sullied reputation than to come out ahead in a conference with Mahomes, Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Herbert and Lamar Jackson.

Denver right now IMO is in better position than Tampa Bay was when Tampa signed Brady. One difference with Tampa was that Brady came for a reasonable price in terms of salary. Will Rodgers be willing to play for a discount or will he demand gigantic contract commensurate with the back to back MVPs. Gronk came for a fair price in terms of salary and low price in draft compensation. And Antonio Brown/Fournette came for cheap prices. Tampa hit on a couple of key draft picks as well.

But Tampa and Denver had talent but they had issues at quarterback and other positions. Tampa improved its offensive line via the draft and Denver can use the draft as well to address needs. They have 11 picks right now.
What is this? Denver doesn’t have a Godwin or Evans; they don’t have nearly as good of an offensive line and their division is much tougher.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:29 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
:-)

Do people actually believe this shit?
KnowMo does.

Pats fans WANT to believe it. They feel there own dynasty will be threatened if KC builds a similar run of success, and KC's wont be discounted by cheating (spygate, deflategate, etc.) accusations.

I seriously HOPE Denver ties up $50+ million per year in ARod and Adams. it will cripple anything they wanna do going forward.

But don't know why they would? Just ask KnowMo. Denver has all the elite skill position players they need already . . . . . . . . :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 08:29 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Do people actually believe this shit?
Who cares if Rodgers goes to Denver? He’s an overrated, diet version of Mahomes on his best day. Sure he racks up regular season stats but he’s god awful in the playoffs.

Lost to Jimmy G twice
Lost to Kaepernick twice
Got boat raced by Matt Ryan
Got blown out at home by Eli
Blew a 16 point lead in Seattle
Blew it vs Brady with a perfect opportunity at the end

He’s a vastly overrated QB when it matters. It’s hilarious that Knowmo thinks this guy is gonna beat Mahomes in the playoffs :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:31 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Who cares if Rodgers goes to Denver? He’s an overrated, diet version of Mahomes on his best day. Sure he racks up regular season stats but he’s god awful in the playoffs.

Lost to Jimmy G twice
Lost to Kaepernick twice
Got boat raced by Matt Ryan
Got blown out at home by Eli
Blew a 16 point lead in Seattle
Blew it vs Brady with a perfect opportunity at the end

He’s a vastly overrated QB when it matters. It’s hilarious that Knowmo thinks this guy is gonna beat Mahomes in the playoffs :-)
Oh I'm not worried about it at all. One, because of what you said but two, because he's not getting traded to Denver. It's a stupid pipe dream.
[Reply]
tooge 08:31 AM 01-27-2022
Rodgers may end up in Denver. I hope he does. He's been feasting on the NFC north for years and they suck. He's had to beat Cousins, Trubisky/Dalton, and Detroit, LOL. Why hasn't he been to a SB in years? He's getting old, and once out of his division, he can't hang with the other teams.

I read where if he goes there, it's likely 3 first round picks or two firsts and a second. Love it. He will be 40 years old, will kill the excess Donk salary cap, keep them from signing some of their young talent, and kill the draft for them for a few years. All for the CHANCE to make the playoffs. Then he'd have to beat Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, and Burrows to go anywhere. Good luck. I love it. Please go there.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:31 AM 01-27-2022
ARod is NOT a playoff QB. He's a GREAT regular season QB. But he doesn't perform in the playoffs. Everyone knows this. We'll be happy to knock him out in the Wildcard round if he comes to the AFC West.

Bring it on, Denver . . . . . .
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:32 AM 01-27-2022
And FWIW, the comment I was responding to said Rodgers AND Adams both going to Denver.

It's just laughable.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:33 AM 01-27-2022
Rodgers is going to slay the youth and reclaim his legacy

I actually think that would be quite appealing to him. https://t.co/XXPQxrFE6T

— Andrew Brandt (@AndrewBrandt) January 27, 2022

[Reply]
ROYC75 08:34 AM 01-27-2022
AR to any AFC team is suicide to his career! The AFC is a QB driven juggernaut while the NFC is much weaker and easier to get the #1 seed each year.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:34 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Rodgers is going to slay the youth and reclaim his legacy

He can’t even beat Jimmy G in the playoffs :-)

He isn’t beating this guy when it matters

The Chiefs are 3-1 in the playoffs with Patrick Mahomes when their in-game win probability dips below 5%.

The rest of the NFL is 1-38 since 2018. pic.twitter.com/gJ6PHFwCUX

— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) January 27, 2022

[Reply]
ChiefsFan123456 08:35 AM 01-27-2022
I think it is a good hire by Broncos, if Broncos can find a quarterback then the Broncos will be in good hands with Hackett
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:37 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He can’t even beat Jimmy G in the playoffs :-)

He isn’t beating this guy when it matters

Exactly why I believe he will retire before he goes to an AFC team. Too many young gun qb's to compete with to get to the playoffs let alone the SB
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:38 AM 01-27-2022
I guess it's a built in excuse for losing in the playoffs. Younger and better teams around them
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:44 AM 01-27-2022
Credit to them that they hired a young offensive head coach. They will need to find a QB though or the Donkeys will continue their futility. I imagine their D will take a big step back now though.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:50 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
He has all the information he needs.

1. Rodgers made it known he wanted to go to Denver.
2. The Packers are in cap hell, and made assurances to Rodgers that if he came back they would let him dictate his future in 2022.
Bullshit. From what I hear he wants no part of going to an inferior team and organization like Denver
[Reply]
Page 2739 of 4898
« First < 1739223926392689272927352736273727382739 274027412742274327492789283932393739 > Last »
Up