ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Covid killed my career, then I reinvented it!!
Carlota69 09:28 AM 04-07-2021
Hi guys,
I haven’t been on in a long time, but in June I was let go from my gig at KOMP 92.3 in Vegas. I was a line item cut. I made too much money and the station was bleeding money, so Covid tried kill the Radio Star. A 30 year career...

And it almost did.

Until 3 weeks ago. I launched my own radio station.
Kilpop Radio.
It’s not a format
It’s an attitude

We play everything from Metallica, Slipknot, Tool, Korn, NIN, Beastie Boys, new artist like a ring Me the Horizon and Asking Alexandria with nuggets from artists like
The Clash, Sex Pistols, Prodigy and evening some Eminem and Tech Nine.

It’s a music App, free to download and commercial free.

Also 3 weeks ago, the day I launched the app, I suffered from the long haul effects from Covid ( I had in Nov) and almost died from Pnuemonia, Sepsis and a blot clot in my lung.

So Covid tried to kill my career and me as well...
But FUCK YOU RONA!

So if you like music with some teeth to
It, please download my app and listen up.
Support me in telling Rona to
fuck off ??? 😎🤘

I hope everyone is well. This year has been insane!!!

KILPOP RADIO APP is now available in the app stores.

iOS
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kilpop-radio/id1557479046

ANDROID:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dio.m58ab7438d

Desktop: Kilpop.com
Alexa : enable skill - Kilpop radio
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:26 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Lol...I find it amusing how much Corey Taylor has branched out from them.
His kid played soccer in my nephews' league a while back. My brother said it was weird seeing him as a "soccer dad".

FTR, I can't stand Slipknot but I'm a lot closer to the situation than most. I know some of the members/former members.
[Reply]
Carlota69 12:03 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Nice Carlota!~

All the best to you!
Thank you so much 🤗
[Reply]
Carlota69 12:05 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Lol...I find it amusing how much Corey Taylor has branched out from them.
He’s always been super diverse. People
Just equate him to a slipknot and that’s it, but he’s all
Over the place in his musical taste.
[Reply]
Carlota69 12:06 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
His kid played soccer in my nephews' league a while back. My brother said it was weird seeing him as a "soccer dad".

FTR, I can't stand Slipknot but I'm a lot closer to the situation than most. I know some of the members/former members.
He’s a great dad, but it is a trip to walk into
His house and see nothing but kid toys everywhere instead of
Dead bodies lol
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 12:53 PM 04-08-2021
Do you play Mastodon? If not, you should. They're awesome and seem to fit the profile you're going for.
[Reply]
Carlota69 01:11 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
Do you play Mastodon? If not, you should. They're awesome and seem to fit the profile you're going for.
Yes Mastadon is one of those bands
We play 🤘
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:13 PM 04-08-2021
If you want to get into trippy stoner shit, there's a ton of great stuff out there. Mastodon is just the tip of the iceberg.

Hell, The Sword is fucking awesome.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 06:54 PM 04-08-2021
If you want to get into trippy stoner shit, there's a ton of great stuff out there. Mastodon is just the tip of the iceberg.

Hell, The Sword is ****ing awesome.
Thanks. I'll check it out. I got into Mastodon by accident by asking Alexa to play "Halloween heavy metal" in October and of course "Halloween" played.

I'm not sure I'd categorize them as stoner rock though. At least not since Crack the Skye. They're hard to categorize but I feel like most metal fans would like them.

I'm going to check out Carlota's station. I bet I might discover some other bands I really like.
[Reply]
Carlota69 09:58 PM 04-08-2021
Thanks. I'll check it out. I got into Mastodon by accident by asking Alexa to play "Halloween heavy metal" in October and of course "Halloween" played.

I'm not sure I'd categorize them as stoner rock though. At least not since Crack the Skye. They're hard to categorize but I feel like most metal fans would like them.

I'm going to check out Carlota's station. I bet I might discover some other bands I really like.
Thanks man
Hope you like it ! 🤘
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:24 AM 04-09-2021

It's still stoner/doom at the core although their last few albums have heavily incorporated more progressive and experimental elements.

Mastodon usually isn't an entry point, they're a destination in and of themselves. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 12:36 PM 04-09-2021
Mastadon and the sword are two great suggestions.

Anyone else having issues with the app? It randomly stops playing on me all the time.

Great station with good song selections. Just gotta get that app working right.
[Reply]
Otter 12:39 PM 04-09-2021
Got the office listening along with the 50 others.

You owe me a t-shirt bitch! :-)

It's that good, thanks for the work you put in. I appreciate the awesome music and dirty humor.
[Reply]
ChiefsOne 01:51 PM 04-09-2021

I really didn't like them for a longtime and still don't like most of their music, but Snuff is a great song!
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 03:15 PM 04-09-2021
:-)
[Reply]
HayWire 09:27 AM 05-13-2021
Bumping this.

Getting ready to crank it up and piss off the neighbors.

When do I get to be your show? I promise it would be hilarious.

Your hard rock and my hillbilly twang. What could go wrong?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Up