ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Putting out the Christmas Stuff
Kman34 10:36 AM 11-27-2021
I’m getting out the trees, lights, yard characters, and all the shit in the attic that has to do with Christmas… My wife buys more shit every year.. Thought I was done after all my girls got married and left home but nooooo… We have to do it for the grandkids… This is one of my least favorite days of the year followed by putting it all up… GET OFF MY LAWN!! I just need to vent.. I’ll be okay…
[Reply]
baitism 07:42 AM 11-28-2021
Is it me or are people putting out their decorations early this year?
[Reply]
stevieray 07:52 AM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Another advantage to living at the end of a road in the middle of nowhere. Nobody would see the damned things if I bothered to put any up.
You would.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:29 AM 11-28-2021
The night glare keeps grandpa off the streets at night. Thanks for the assistance.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:30 AM 11-28-2021
Wife and I may as well be Todd and Margo when it comes to Christmas. After 17 years together we finally put up a tree. One of those pre-lit ones with the snow looking white shit that gets everywhere.

She even dehydrated some orange slices to string around it. We also got some wooden beads delivered that we were going to string around it but they smell like they've either been up Santa's ass or sitting off the coast of the Port of Los Angeles for 3 months next to a crate of kimchi so they're airing out in the garage.

Thats the extent of our comfort level for holiday decorations though.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:36 AM 11-28-2021
I still have Halloween up that I haven't taken down from last year I just call it home decor.
[Reply]
Holladay 11:45 AM 11-28-2021
I don't mind so much putting the house lights up but can't help thinking "Crap in 3 weeks I gotta do this in reverse." When I do take them down, I am in such a hurry that I just throw the stuff in a box to which I regret the next year trying to untangle the mess.

Same with the tree.

But after the 2-3 hours, I get to enjoy them for a month. Worth it, it makes me feel happier. Even when everyone is gone for the holidays, I still do it. I finally realized that I only do it for me. If other people like it as well, is a bonus.

I have an awesome picture of the house at night, lit up, a foot of snow and a full moon, reflecting the lights.

The fireplace is about the same as well. Pain in all parts until viewing the flames.
[Reply]
Fish 12:07 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Wife and I may as well be Todd and Margo when it comes to Christmas. After 17 years together we finally put up a tree. One of those pre-lit ones with the snow looking white shit that gets everywhere.

She even dehydrated some orange slices to string around it. We also got some wooden beads delivered that we were going to string around it but they smell like they've either been up Santa's ass or sitting off the coast of the Port of Los Angeles for 3 months next to a crate of kimchi so they're airing out in the garage.

Thats the extent of our comfort level for holiday decorations though.
Why would you put dehydrated orange slices on your tree? Is that a thing people do? Never heard of that...
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:08 PM 11-28-2021
I used to put up a lot of Christmas stuff. Now I've kind of gone anti-Griswald. Minimalist lights, easy to put up and take down, no ladder climbing.

Mrs B is doing the kids Christmas Play in Lexington on December 11th. When that's done, I'll be able to put up more stuff (wreath on the door, greenery, etc) because she steals that stuff and uses it on the play set.

When I got married 27 years ago I bought a big beautiful artificial Christmas Tree. Mrs. B. commandeered it, and I only see it one day a year, on the set of the Children's Christmas Play in Lexington, MO.

That's OK. Christmas Play day is my favorite time of the holidays. To see the faces and smiles on those little kids always makes it a dusty day. Lots of those kids will get nothing, literally nothing for Christmas. We give them candy and have drawings for toys. My wife's been doing the Christmas play for Lexington kids for 30 years now. She's a saint.
Attached: minimallights.jpg (78.0 KB) 
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:14 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Why would you put dehydrated orange slices on your tree? Is that a thing people do? Never heard of that...
I hadn't either but apparently its a thing

[Reply]
Fish 12:21 PM 11-28-2021

Well I'll be damned. Looks good. :-)
[Reply]
loochy 01:17 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I used to put up a lot of Christmas stuff. Now I've kind of gone anti-Griswald. Minimalist lights, easy to put up and take down, no ladder climbing.

Mrs B is doing the kids Christmas Play in Lexington on December 11th. When that's done, I'll be able to put up more stuff (wreath on the door, greenery, etc) because she steals that stuff and uses it on the play set.

When I got married 27 years ago I bought a big beautiful artificial Christmas Tree. Mrs. B. commandeered it, and I only see it one day a year, on the set of the Children's Christmas Play in Lexington, MO.

That's OK. Christmas Play day is my favorite time of the holidays. To see the faces and smiles on those little kids always makes it a dusty day. Lots of those kids will get nothing, literally nothing for Christmas. We give them candy and have drawings for toys. My wife's been doing the Christmas play for Lexington kids for 30 years now. She's a saint.
:-), the wrap job on that pole looks a little...haphazard
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:24 PM 11-28-2021

[Reply]
gblowfish 02:44 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
:-), the wrap job on that pole looks a little...haphazard
I like it!!!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:07 PM 11-28-2021
Fixed my arrowhead today

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Kman34 05:30 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:

:-)...
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up