ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 560 of 3903
« First < 60460510550556557558559560 56156256356457061066010601560 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 10:12 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I think it's more a function of introduction and density. We know it was introduced into that nursing home in Washington (a place with at-risk people in a densely populated environment) and that it ravaged it. We can see what is happening in New York. Many countries in the EU are densely populated and it's spreading at exponential rates.

We also can't assume that a lack of symptoms right now means a lack of cases, given a variable incubation period of days to weeks. There is just too little that we know right now, unfortunately.

The only thing I can compare it to is AIDS. By the time the first cases were identified, 250,000 people already had HIV. Although I think the initial response to AIDS was a national failure, there was also no way that it was going to be stopped. Fortunately, HIV was much harder to transmit. Unfortunately, it's long latency period meant that people were infected for years while transmitting the virus to others because they were largely asymptomatic. We need to try and learn from that.

Asymptomatic carriers will spread SARS-CoV-2. Even if they aren't affected or a high-risk group, they're a risk to everyone they come in contact with, and because they're asymptomatic, we don't know who they are. That's why we need to limit interaction as much as possible.
We just don't know yet. Like i said earlier, there stuff coming out that it may be alot more passable than we thought and that there's alot more asymptomatic cases than we thought.

Thats not good in the short term, but ideally, that would make it more of a short term thing.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:12 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
You don't need to test everyone, but doing random testing of asymptomatic people would give you some good data.
You would have to test a lot of people for this to be useful.

There are people that meet testing criteria than cannot be tested due to shortages

I am hoping these supply chain issues are resolved quickly.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:12 AM 03-21-2020
You guys really should search pandemics in history. Fascinating & frightening at the same time.

You’ll wonder how humans are still alive.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:14 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Right now NY is accountable for 50% of all cases in the US
They need to shutdown the goddamn subway systems.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:14 AM 03-21-2020
States reporting 0 new cases so far today:

Washington

New Jersey

Illinois

Florida

Georgia

Massachusetts

Colorado

Connecticut

Nevada

South Carolina

Minnesssota

Oregon

Utah

Alabama

Mississippi

Maine

New Hampshire

Rhode Island

Oklahoma

Iowa

Vermont

New Mexico

South Dakota
Please tell me you don't actually think this is meaningful...
[Reply]
petegz28 10:14 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
If you were just focusing on raw numbers and not comparing it to the flu you simply would have posted CoronaVirus' numbers so get out of here w that crap.

Look there's a reason everything is shut down and it isn't because this Virus is simply the flu. That doesn't mean everyone should panic but it's best to isolate at this time so our hospitals are not overun and this virus doesn't continue to spread.
I never said it was the flu. Regardless of what you claim, I never said that. In fact I said the opposite. But rant on me all you want.

And I have been saying that the whole time. In fact, I said last week a lot of this was being done to prevent hospitals from being overrun though it would actually lengthen the life of all this shit. Many mocked me for it and I believe you were one of them.

Now here you are repeating what I said over a week ago.
[Reply]
O.city 10:15 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
You would have to test a lot of people for this to be useful.

There are people that meet testing criteria than cannot be tested due to shortages

I am hoping these supply chain issues are resolved quickly.
You could spare what, 30k tests? That would give you an idea, no?

There's alot of companies and places now developing much quicker and more effective testing stuff so i think you could pull it off.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:15 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Please tell me you don't actually think this is meaningful...
:-)
[Reply]
petegz28 10:16 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
They need to shutdown the goddamn subway systems.
They need to do something because the media is just grabbing numbers to pimp their headlines.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:16 AM 03-21-2020
:-)
At one point the Chiefs had 0 chance at going to the playoffs.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:17 AM 03-21-2020
If only subways were a private business.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:18 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
At one point the Chiefs had 0 chance at going to the playoffs.
Yes, we get it, you've repeated yourself often. In fact it's about all you have added. Now kindly go inflate your doll and entertain yourself.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:19 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
If only subways were a private business.
They are probably deemed "essential". I would imagine so anyway.
[Reply]
Donger 10:21 AM 03-21-2020
My, God, man, what the **** ever.
Yes. If you want to believe it more likely that those states have all suddenly stopped seeing growth than that their numbers simply haven't been updated today, knock yourself out.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:23 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes. If you want to believe it more likely that those states have all suddenly stopped seeing growth than that their numbers simply haven't been updated today, knock yourself out.
That's not what I said. In fact I said the opposite. Perhaps you should just :-)?
[Reply]
Page 560 of 3903
« First < 60460510550556557558559560 56156256356457061066010601560 > Last »
Up