ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 460 of 3903
« First < 360410450456457458459460 4614624634644705105609601460 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mennonite 11:39 AM 03-19-2020

The numbers in Washington state, which has done far more testing per capita than any other US state, are mildly encouraging:

new cases by day per @COVID19Tracking:
3/11: 105
3/12: 70
3/13: 120
3/14: 111
3/15: 74
3/16: 127
3/17: 135
3/18: 108

— Nate Silver (@NateSilver538) March 19, 2020

[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 11:40 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Where's the info on that one? Curious to learn a bit more.

From what I can see she's tested positive for it, but I have seen no indication that she's been announced as critical.
Sorry got bad info she just has it.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:41 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Like his policies or not, but Pence is a natural at this.
Praise baby Jesus this isn’t an opioid/HIV epidemic in Indiana.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:43 AM 03-19-2020
I've recommended it twice, but seriously - everyone needs to go look at the animated versions of those 'flatten the curve' simulations.

They do an outstanding job of truly demonstrating how all that will work, especially the ones that also have trackers at the bottom that show the respective 'group' populations.

As you noted, the infected group explodes initially, then you see a slight tick up in deaths, then a slight tick in recoveries, all the while infections are climbing and staying well above both on the scales. Then over a period of weeks, the scales invert, recovery exceeds infected and deaths start to really trickle off as a proportion of the cases.

If one puts stock in the 'curve' at all, go find some of the animated simulations.
Are you referring to the ones in a Washington Post article from a few weeks ago, or do you have a link to the ones you're talking about?
[Reply]
Donger 11:44 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
That is encouraging. And, the area was the first to basically go into semi-lockdown. Let's hope the trend continues.
[Reply]
Donger 11:45 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Really?
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:46 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Italy has now surpassed China in deaths. There is something wrong going on over there.

That or China is lying about their numbers
[Reply]
Donger 11:48 AM 03-19-2020
The coronavirus measures in place in the hard hit Lombardy region of northern Italy are “not strict enough,” according to Chinese medical experts helping the country deal with the crisis.

The situation in Lombardy right now "is similar to what we experienced two months ago in Wuhan, China, the epicenter of COVID-19," the Chinese Red Cross vice president, Sun Shuopeng, said Thursday in a press conference in Milan, Italy.

"In the city of Wuhan after one month since the adoption of the lockdown policy, we see a decreasing trend from the peak of the disease," Sun Shuopeng said. "Here in Milan, the hardest hit area by COVID-19, there isn't a very strict lockdown: public transportation is still working and people are still moving around, you're still having dinners and parties in the hotels and you're not wearing masks. We need every citizen to be involved in the fight of COVID-19 and follow this policy.”

He advised Italians to stop all “economic activities and cut the mobility of people.”

Everyone should just stay at home, he added.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:51 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
0.95$ litre up here.

[Reply]
stevieray 11:51 AM 03-19-2020
Constitutional law is abundantly clear on the right to interstate travel.

So again, absent a suspension of the Constitution and the imposition of martial law, there's no way to ban travel from state to state.

Now there is a caveat there that's not 100% fleshed out - there isn't necessarily a right to use public roads.

So could the government lock down federal highways? Hmmmm.....maybe?
I hope so. I have an out of state job coming up that will be essential in helping my family get through this.

Big job that was on the books was forced to cancel on Monday.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:54 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Sorry got bad info she just has it.
Preciate the follow-up.

As noted - I'm not the slightest bit concerned about myself or even my wife who works in healthcare. I'm nominally concerned about my parents and grandparents.

But any/all information I can get on its impact on children has my antenna up so obviously that turned my head a bit. Certainly hoping for the best possible outcome as that's been the lone saving grace of this pain in the ass.

You want to really start scaring people, don't threaten their parents - threaten their children.
[Reply]
penguinz 11:55 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
A large boulder the size of a small boulder? :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:55 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Are you referring to the ones in a Washington Post article from a few weeks ago, or do you have a link to the ones you're talking about?
Sorry, I really don't know where I saw them.

Colored animations w/ 4 different populations (healthy, infected, recovered, dead) and a day over day breakdown of how all those interacted together using various remedial measures.

I think I saw it about a week ago but time is pretty much a flat circle at this point so I have no idea if that's right.
[Reply]
Donger 11:56 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Does that make it a "medium" boulder?
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:56 AM 03-19-2020
Hey guys here is a bunch of info on chloroquine as a treatment or preventative measure. Sounds encouraging.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...VjIL-7deJ7/pub
[Reply]
Page 460 of 3903
« First < 360410450456457458459460 4614624634644705105609601460 > Last »
Up