ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 153 of 172
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
Buehler445 02:07 PM 05-24-2022
Oh shit.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:29 PM 05-24-2022
Anyone else spend this last episode rooting for Lalo and Howard?

These last couple have Kim inching in the direction of Wendy Byrde.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:44 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Anyone else spend this last episode rooting for Lalo and Howard?

These last couple have Kim inching in the direction of Wendy Byrde.

Definitely with Howard. Really sick of them to make us feel even worst for him as he reveals his marriage issues on top of everything else then to just end it a moment later. I was also really wanting Saul and Kim’s explanation of why all this being done to him.
[Reply]
notorious 09:35 PM 05-24-2022
I am dreading the end of this show.

It's the only show I look forward to during the week.

Please tell me Vince Gilligan has another one lined up.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:49 PM 05-24-2022
I wasn’t a fan of the long play of the Howard story line but I should never second guess Vince Gilligan. Worth it for the payoff. Is there a death in either show as unfair as Howard’s? The German guy was tragic but he brought some of it on himself. Howard didn’t deserve any of it and kudos to the show to keep him pretty pure throughout.
[Reply]
Jenson71 11:59 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
I am dreading the end of this show.

It's the only show I look forward to during the week.

Please tell me Vince Gilligan has another one lined up.
Slippin' Jimmy!
[Reply]
Jenson71 12:01 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I wasn’t a fan of the long play of the Howard story line but I should never second guess Vince Gilligan. Worth it for the payoff. Is there a death in either show as unfair as Howard’s? The German guy was tragic but he brought some of it on himself. Howard didn’t deserve any of it and kudos to the show to keep him pretty pure throughout.
Yes, the kid. Not since Adrianna's death in the woods had I been so revolted by a killing on screen. I still think the kid's death was unnecessary bullshit to include.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:19 AM 05-25-2022
I actually like Howard. Initially you think he's this uptight ahole but hes really a pretty good guy. OCD, thorough and very smart. Seems to have a good moral compass. My favorite character other than Nacho and old Kim.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:54 AM 05-25-2022
We need more of the American Greed documentary. Still just the one episode so far that was posted here.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:20 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
Yes, the kid. Not since Adrianna's death in the woods had I been so revolted by a killing on screen. I still think the kid's death was unnecessary bullshit to include.
I thought it was very necessary as it was the straw that broke the camels back that made Jesse turn on Walt. I forgot about Adrianna… that’s the best example of an innocent victim seeing that the kid wasn’t a main character. Plenty of innocent side characters have been unfairly steamrolled in both universes. Gomez kind of fits into that too. But what makes Howard particularly interesting is that it was really Jimmy and kins direct actions leading to his death. You can’t fault Jesse for Adrianna dying. Mike killed Werner because he had to even though he didn’t want to. Jimmy has to wear this Howard death and my sense is it is going to wear on him big time.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:49 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I thought it was very necessary as it was the straw that broke the camels back that made Jesse turn on Walt. I forgot about Adrianna… that’s the best example of an innocent victim seeing that the kid wasn’t a main character. Plenty of innocent side characters have been unfairly steamrolled in both universes. Gomez kind of fits into that too. But what makes Howard particularly interesting is that it was really Jimmy and kins direct actions leading to his death. You can’t fault Jesse for Adrianna dying. Mike killed Werner because he had to even though he didn’t want to. Jimmy has to wear this Howard death and my sense is it is going to wear on him big time.
Especially since Jesse was in New Mexico and Adriana was killed somewhere in New Jersey.

Andrea was shot on her doorstep in BB
Adriana was shot in the woods by Silvio in The Sopranos.

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:09 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Especially since Jesse was in New Mexico and Adriana was killed somewhere in New Jersey.

Andrea was shot on her doorstep in BB
Adriana was shot in the woods by Silvio in The Sopranos.

Yeah, as soon as you said it hit.

You know, we are damned lucky to live in the era of good television. To think we could have grown up on Bewitched and Dragnet.
[Reply]
notorious 10:10 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
Slippin' Jimmy!
Slippin' Jimmy in American Samoa Law School?

I'M IN
[Reply]
Jenson71 10:18 AM 05-25-2022
Oh, I had forgotten Andrea's [and that that was even her name] death at the front door, probably I had subconsciously buried that scene. That was rough, but Adriana's was a slow burn. The clip doesn't do it justice, or maybe I've distorted it in my memory, but I thought they were in that car for a while longer. It was played out the inverse of the kid on the bike, but left the same feeling of utter disgust and puzzlement as to why a viewer even puts themselves through watching stuff like this.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:54 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Definitely with Howard. Really sick of them to make us feel even worst for him as he reveals his marriage issues on top of everything else then to just end it a moment later. I was also really wanting Saul and Kim’s explanation of why all this being done to him.
They did it to Howard because he was the lead attorney on the sandpiper case. They did everything just to get it closed quicker so Saul could get his money quicker.
[Reply]
Page 153 of 172
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163 > Last »
Up