ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 32
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>COVID Memo from the NFL
Sassy Squatch 11:36 AM 07-22-2021

Here’s more from today’s memo, which also says the team responsible for a canceled game because of an outbreak among unvaccinated players/staff will be responsible for financial losses and subject to potential discipline from the commissioner. Wow. pic.twitter.com/Q86a2WcG1K

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) July 22, 2021

[Reply]
O.city 11:16 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yup. Exactly why I haven’t been vaccinated. I identify as vaccinated :-)
Did you have Covid?
[Reply]
O.city 11:17 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
For what it's worth, having a vaccination better protects you from further infections as past infections.

That's only going to be triply true as we see more variants.
Eh, not necessarily. Previous infection has sturdy immunity.

Depending on infection severity that is.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:23 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Did you have Covid?
Yes. The wife and I both had it.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:24 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
This may be true but it would be silly to make it a requirement.
I disagree.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:25 AM 07-23-2021
For what it's worth, having a vaccination better protects you from further infections as past infections.

That's only going to be triply true as we see more variants.
I’ll take my chances, thanks!
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:25 AM 07-23-2021
Eh, not necessarily. Previous infection has sturdy immunity.

Depending on infection severity that is.
Not as good as vaccination, though. The breakthrough rate of people who are vaccinated is much lower than people who have been previously infected.
[Reply]
O.city 11:25 AM 07-23-2021
Yes. The wife and I both had it.
Yeah, you theoretically should be ok. There's some stuff now showing delta has breakthru infections even with previous infection but it would likely be mild I would guess.

A single immunization would give the max protection FYi.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:26 AM 07-23-2021
I’ll take my chances, thanks!
I live in Springfield, Missouri, staylor26.

Springfield, Missouri.

There are two huge Covid ICUs in two very large hospitals packed full of people who took their chances.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:26 AM 07-23-2021
Not as good as vaccination, though. The breakthrough rate of people who are vaccinated is much lower than people who have been previously infected.
Israeli data contradicts this.
[Reply]
O.city 11:28 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Eh, every other study shows the opposite, I'm gonna guess the Israeli data is an outlier.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:30 AM 07-23-2021
That may be but Israel is not comparable. We are a gigantic country with a ton of infected people around us every minute we're in public.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:30 AM 07-23-2021
Eh, every other study shows the opposite, I'm gonna guess the Israeli data is an outlier.
Every doctor or scientist whose lectures I watched contradicted what you said.

I'm going to stick with that because historically, natural infection is stronger than any vaccine against viruses.

The only vaccines that might be stronger than natural are designed to stop bacteria.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:30 AM 07-23-2021
I live in Springfield, Missouri, staylor26.

Springfield, Missouri.

There are two huge Covid ICUs in two very large hospitals packed full of people who took their chances.
I live in Key West, Florida, Direckshun.

Key West, FL.

I don’t know one person that’s been hospitalized or died of COVID, but I know many that have had it and been just fine. Our hospital has never been overrun and we’ve been open for the majority of the pandemic. Tourists have been flocking here for months on end.

I was very tired for a week straight and slept most of the time. I’ll take my chances.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:32 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Umm...how about I do the job I'm hired for and they stay out of my personal health decisions?

You're advocating fascism...where unelected corporations take on the roll of personal governance...no ****ing thanks. Shit...they could fire me a week after I take the vaccine...then I'm on my own.

Being a football player is a specialized profession. They cant simply just go make the same living somewhere else..
You know, to say that you're a fucking absolute NUTJOB would be redundant but the fact that the only people that agree with you are also NUTJOBS should be an indication that you're a fucking NUTJOB.

And Facism? :-) You and BEP and all the other loons in the DC call anyone and everyone that YOU disagree with a "Fascist". It's fucking hilarious because you don't even understand the definition of the word.

As for the vaccine, you and the other buttfucking morons think you're exercising "Muh Freedoms" when in reality, you're fucking WEAKENING this country, PERIOD. People used to accept their vaccinations because they STRENGTHENED this country. Every person in the military and every child that's attended school has been vaccinated for the GREATER GOOD of this country.

But refusing the vaccination with the intentions of showing off your "Freedom" is absolutely, outright fucking STUPID. This country went through a terrible financial crisis in which 30 million were unemployed due to this pandemic and instead of getting vaccinated as your Civic Duty, half the country has refused in "protest", so instead of this insidious disease being at its end in this country, it's mutating and killing more and more unvaccinated people each and every day.

So gimme a fucking break with your stupid "Fascism" bullshit, get vaccinated and shut the fuck up.
[Reply]
O.city 11:33 AM 07-23-2021
Every doctor or scientist whose lectures I watched contradicted what you said.

I'm going to stick with that because historically, natural infection is stronger than any vaccine against viruses.

The only vaccines that might be stronger than natural are designed to stop bacteria.
I'm speaking about vaccine efficacy and such, not natural infection, so my apologies. I believe I crossed up talking points.

Natural infection will give you so many epitopes to recognize along with strong cellular immunity. Depending on antigenic drift, it's not gonna be long durable but will hold up well, IMO.

But you also have to get sick to get that.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 32
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up