6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:09 PM 07-03-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
What in the mother **** is this bullpen management? Zimmer pitching the 5th, Staumont gets the 6th, Brentz gets the 7th? Why aren't these guys pitching late innings?
Because Barlow is the best one.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:22 PM 07-03-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The Royals organization hasn’t done a good job of developing pitchers since the 1980s.

Kevin Appier in the 90s and Greinke in the 2000s. Was about it.
Yikes.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:12 PM 07-03-2021
They haven’t done a good enough job with pitching development in the Moore era. The biggest issue is the post-2011 group. They kept betting big on projectable high school guys, and once the hard slot went into place they couldn’t use numbers to make that strategy work.

Kyle Zimmer’s injuries really drastically changed the shape of the franchise, too. They came out of nowhere and just wouldn’t stop… but the guy you see now in 1-2 innings stints is the guy he was before the injuries, except with the ability to carry that for 6-7 innings. But that’s baseball…

I’m still a believer in the current crop of pitching prospects. It’s so deep, they’re going to find some quality starters out of it just through sheer numbers.

Initial struggles in the major leagues aren’t a reason to write off a pitcher. There are hundreds if not thousands of examples of guys getting off to rough starts and then having to adjust back.

Pratto and Witt both had big nights on the farm tonight, too.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:14 PM 07-03-2021
Soler may be the worst player in baseball right now, but Eric Hosmer is the second worst.

Thank God the Padres saved Dayton from himself there. His patented freefall is so bad this year it's starting to impact his defense. Tonight he missed an easy foul pop-up that turned into an RBI double. Padres fans have wondered if GMDM would take him back cheap over twitter.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...2-31&sort=22,a
[Reply]
Tribesman 09:19 PM 07-03-2021
Losing Ace hurt too. Tragic loss, in more than one way.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:31 PM 07-03-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Soler may be the worst player in baseball right now, but Eric Hosmer is the second worst.

Thank God the Padres saved Dayton from himself there. His patented freefall is so bad this year it's starting to impact his defense. Tonight he missed an easy foul pop-up that turned into an RBI double. Padres fans have wondered if GMDM would take him back cheap over twitter.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...2-31&sort=22,a
Is anyone surprised with Hosmer? I seem to remember everyone in here being pretty united on not bringing him back especially for the contract he was able to get. Shout out to Scott Boras.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:56 PM 07-03-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
They haven’t done a good enough job with pitching development in the Moore era. The biggest issue is the post-2011 group. They kept betting big on projectable high school guys, and once the hard slot went into place they couldn’t use numbers to make that strategy work.

Kyle Zimmer’s injuries really drastically changed the shape of the franchise, too. They came out of nowhere and just wouldn’t stop… but the guy you see now in 1-2 innings stints is the guy he was before the injuries, except with the ability to carry that for 6-7 innings. But that’s baseball…

I’m still a believer in the current crop of pitching prospects. It’s so deep, they’re going to find some quality starters out of it just through sheer numbers.

Initial struggles in the major leagues aren’t a reason to write off a pitcher. There are hundreds if not thousands of examples of guys getting off to rough starts and then having to adjust back.

Pratto and Witt both had big nights on the farm tonight, too.

I’m hoping they can add Rocker too in a couple of weeks.
[Reply]
cabletech94 09:16 AM 07-04-2021
Benni is back!!

Sorry, no Linckie. Also, Soler not in today’s lineup.
[Reply]
Wilson8 10:04 AM 07-04-2021
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
Benni is back!!

Sorry, no Linckie. Also, Soler not in today’s lineup.
Yep, but Edward Olivares sent back down.

https://www.royalsreview.com/2021/7/...-a-omaha-again
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:05 AM 07-04-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Yep, but Edward Olivares sent back down.

https://www.royalsreview.com/2021/7/...-a-omaha-again
Let the kid stay and play. Idiots
[Reply]
Wilson8 10:25 AM 07-04-2021
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
Also, Soler not in today’s lineup.
1. Whit Merrifield, 2B
2. Andrew Benintendi, LF
3. Carlos Santana, 1B
4. Salvador Perez, DH
5. Ryan O'Hearn, RF
6. Hunter Dozier, 3B
7. Jarrod Dyson, CF
8. Sebastian Rivero, C
9. Nicky Lopez, SS

Brad Keller SP 6 -8, 6.67 ERA

Minnesota Twins - Kenta Maeda RHP, 3-3, 5.56 ERA

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/twins-vs...b=,game=633431
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:34 AM 07-04-2021
Olivares news: Real dumb. Let him stay, let him play RF, play Dozier at 3B or bench him. Play Whit at 2B.

I started diving deeper on the draft today. I could see them going with Rocker if he’s there. Jobe seems high-enough upside to jump back in there.

But I also walked away intrigued by all the HS Nats (Khalil Watson, Brady House in particular) and found myself more interested in Colton Cowser than I expected.

He’s at Sam Houston State. Big, athletic OF who reminds me of Jarred Kelenic in skill set and size. Good BB rate, doesn’t strike out a bunch. As far as college bars go, I like him a lot more than Sal Frelick, who has been connected to KC. Cowser has a lot more upside and serious power potential at 6-3.
[Reply]
Wilson8 11:03 AM 07-04-2021
MLB Draft

Begins one week from today. Sunday July 11 - Tuesday, July 13.

6:07 PM CDT
TV channel: MLB Network (ESPN for Day 1)

In Mock drafts, MLB has Kumar Rocker going to Arizona with the 6th pick, but Baseball America, FanGraph, and the Athletic, all have Kumar going to the Royals with the 7th pick.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/...j1cfl3jcaera2t
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 11:17 AM 07-04-2021
Glad Benintendi is back, but why do they hate Olivares so much?
[Reply]
Wilson8 11:24 AM 07-04-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
But I also walked away intrigued by all the HS Nats (Khalil Watson, Brady House in particular) and found myself more interested in Colton Cowser than I expected.

He’s at Sam Houston State. Big, athletic OF who reminds me of Jarred Kelenic in skill set and size. Good BB rate, doesn’t strike out a bunch. As far as college bars go, I like him a lot more than Sal Frelick, who has been connected to KC. Cowser has a lot more upside and serious power potential at 6-3.
In MLB mock, SS Kahlil Watson is the pick for the Royals.

SS Brady House is slotted in at 8th to the Rockies by MLB, Baseball Amaerica, and The Athletic.

OF Colton Cowser's mock draft goes from 5th by The Athletic to 15 by Baseball America.

It will be interesting to see who the Royals draft.
[Reply]
Page 220 of 440
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230270320 > Last »
Up