Page 44 of 49
« First < 344041424344 45464748 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Willie Gay Jr. Thread*****
Dante84 07:30 PM 04-24-2020
More to come!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:37 AM 02-16-2023
Well, you know if we don't spend a bunch of money on stupid free agent wide receivers, we can afford to keep the Willie Gays, Nick Boltons, and Sneeds.

This is why I don't want to do that shit.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:47 AM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, you know if we don't spend a bunch of money on stupid free agent wide receivers, we can afford to keep the Willie Gays, Nick Boltons, and Sneeds.

I think we’re good at WR with MVS, Moore, Toney, and Watson on another cheap deal. Then take a WR early and late in the draft.

I’m all for extending Gay and Sneed if they’re fair deals. Sneed would be the priority of the two. You have another year before extending Bolton, which is a no brainer.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:52 AM 02-16-2023
Assuming we keep Sneed, our LB crew and secondary looks set for multiple years. We can focus 100% on the DL, which isn't terrible and has one of the best players in the NFL for at least one more year.
[Reply]
O.city 12:29 PM 02-16-2023
Have we heard anything about approaching him with a contract?
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 12:37 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Not till i read this thread
[Reply]
JPH83 12:40 PM 02-16-2023

I don't think there's good WR options in FA this year so fair enough, but spending money on WRs rather than LBs isn't exactly an automatically bad move
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:35 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I think we’re good at WR with MVS, Moore, Toney, and Watson on another cheap deal. Then take a WR early and late in the draft.

I’m all for extending Gay and Sneed if they’re fair deals. Sneed would be the priority of the two. You have another year before extending Bolton, which is a no brainer.
WR signings should be for ring-hunters, IMO.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:09 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I thought he wasnt eligible until the beginning of the league year.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:22 PM 02-16-2023

I agree. KC should focus a lot of their resources on the defense and OLine. He is good enough to win with non All Pro receivers if he has a line that protects him well and a defense that doesn’t give up an average of 30+ a game. I hate the Patriot Way model, but in a lot of respects they were as successful as they were because the line protected Brady and they had top 10 defenses. The fact Veach drafts better than Bill means KC can restock with young, cheap talent easier.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:26 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I thought he wasnt eligible until the beginning of the league year.
Exactly. It's still technically the 2022 season until the beginning of March.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:34 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I don't think there's good WR options in FA this year so fair enough, but spending money on WRs rather than LBs isn't exactly an automatically bad move
I would argue that an elite QB plus an elite defense wins more Super Bowls.

Draft and develop your WR's, I'm all for investing in the position, just not in paying market value when we've proven that's not necessary for KC to field a top flight offense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:37 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I agree. KC should focus a lot of their resources on the defense and OLine. He is good enough to win with non All Pro receivers if he has a line that protects him well and a defense that doesn’t give up an average of 30+ a game. I hate the Patriot Way model, but in a lot of respects they were as successful as they were because the line protected Brady and they had top 10 defenses. The fact Veach drafts better than Bill means KC can restock with young, cheap talent easier.
Yeah, I'd just rather draft and develop than overspend in free agency. Historically speaking, the big FA signings rarely pay off. It's fine to fill a hole, and value pick-ups to fill out your roster, but you build your team through the draft.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:37 PM 02-16-2023
I would argue that an elite QB plus an elite defense wins more Super Bowls.

Draft and develop your WR's, I'm all for investing in the position, just not in paying market value when we've proven that's not necessary for KC to field a top flight offense.
Exactly. It comes down to your strengths and what those strengths are capable of overcoming. Mahomes is a strength and is capable of overcoming lesser WR talent. As such KC does not need to pour resources into expensive FA WRs. Keep stocking him with cheap ring chasers as well as young drafted talent and spend money on other areas like the lines.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:51 PM 02-16-2023
Veach is going to draft a WR, and go after at least one vet WR that wants to chase a ring. But some time in the next couple seasons he’ll sign a legit WR1. Just a matter of time
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 06:38 PM 12-31-2023
Thank you for saving the season on that huge fourth down stop
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 01-15-2024, 05:14 PM
This message has been deleted by ShowtimeSBMVP.
Page 44 of 49
« First < 344041424344 45464748 > Last »
Up