ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets hire Adam Gase to be HC
The Franchise 06:58 PM 01-09-2019

Jets expected to hire HC Adam Gase, per me and @JeffDarlington.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 10, 2019

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:02 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Also, so Gase gets none of the credit and all of the blame for what happens with Manning? Got it.
Was Manning a HOF-caliber QB before Gase coached him?
[Reply]
staylor26 04:07 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Based on production, Tannehill became a worse QB under Gase.

But you don't operate in the world of facts so that is likely irrelevant to you.
Say this with me one time, you can’t make production comparisons when it’s 16 games vs. 0, 11, or 13.

The #’s aren’t that far off to justify it, and continuity/repetition at the QB position is just so important for rhythm and overall production that it’s clearly not a fair comparison to anybody trying to be objective. It’s intellectually dishonest. You’re a fucking moron if you think otherwise.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:10 PM 01-10-2019
Was Manning a HOF-caliber QB before Gase coached him?
See this is what you do, I made several points and the only thing you offer a rebuttal to is a small question I asked at the end?

Other “credible” posters are even stepping in and trying to get you to see the points you are continuously missing/ignoring and you still don’t get it. You aren’t winning this argument and it’s painfully obvious. I’m done here.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:12 PM 01-10-2019
Say this with me one time, you can’t make production comparisons when it’s 16 games vs. 0, 11, or 13.
Does that also apply to INT's thrown as well?

Throwing 12 INT's in a season when Tannehill started 16 games (i.e. the season before Gase arrived in Miami), vs. throwing 12 INT's in the 13 games Tannehill played during Gase's first season.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:14 PM 01-10-2019
See this is what you do, I attempted but hopelessly failed to make several points and the only thing you offer a rebuttal to is a small question I asked at the end?
FYP.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:16 PM 01-10-2019
Does that also apply to INT's thrown as well?

Throwing 12 INT's in a season when Tannehill started 16 games (i.e. the season before Gase arrived in Miami), vs. throwing 12 INT's in the 13 games Tannehill played during Gase's first season.
OMG he might have thrown like 1 or 2 more INT’s if he played all 16. Gase must be fucking awful.

I’d gladly take 1 or 2 more INT’s a year if it means making the playoffs or not but that’s probably just me. He also had a higher completion percentage and rating, but let’s ignore that part.

The fact that you’re even saying shit this stupid is embarrassing.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:21 PM 01-10-2019
The fact that you’re even saying shit this stupid is embarrassing.
This coming from the person who is calling Adam Gase a "good young offensive mind".

:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 04:28 PM 01-10-2019
This coming from the person who is calling Adam Gase a "good young offensive mind".

:-)
Peyton Manning STILL feels so strongly about it that he put in a call to the Jets owner to tell him he should hire Gase. This isn’t all just an act. Peyton, a great offensive mind, respects the hell out of Gase. I don’t know if Gase will be a great HC and QB developer in NY, but I do feel confident in saying he has a good offensive mind. All of his peers seem to believe he is, and who knows better than them?

I guess I should value your opinion over his though.
[Reply]
mcaj22 04:39 PM 01-10-2019
That is a completely uninformed statement, blaming the Dolphins' front office for their lack of talent.

Gase ran off players such as Ajayi and Landry because he wanted no part of supposedly "high maintenance" players who weren't part of the "high character" locker room he wanted to created.

It is a similar version of the Patriots Way bullshit.
But Jarvis Landry is a diva. That's not just a Gase issue. Jay Ajayi is a jag. You act like these guys are studs.

Has Gase had anything close to work with as good as Jamaal Charles? Kareem Hunt? Tyreek Hill? Travis Kelce? (the answer is no.)
[Reply]
staylor26 04:45 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
But Jarvis Landry is a diva. That's not just a Gase issue. Jay Ajayi is a jag. You act like these guys are studs.

Has Gase had anything close to work with as good as Jamaal Charles? Kareem Hunt? Tyreek Hill? Travis Kelce? (the answer is no.)
I think you quoted the wrong person
[Reply]
mcaj22 04:49 PM 01-10-2019
I think you quoted the wrong person
Good lookin out
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:56 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:

Landry and Ajayi were the Dolphins most talented WR and RB and Gase ran them out of town. That is the point... it was Gase, and not just the front office who was responsible for their talent deficiencies.

And the Jets are completely void of talent as well.

How is that going to work out for Gase, who has never coached (as an assistant or a HC) a top 10 offense that didn’t include Manning during his 12 year, 5 team NFL career?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:07 PM 01-10-2019
Peyton Manning STILL feels so strongly about it that he put in a call to the Jets owner to tell him he should hire Gase. This isn’t all just an act. Peyton, a great offensive mind, respects the hell out of Gase. I don’t know if Gase will be a great HC and QB developer in NY, but I do feel confident in saying he has a good offensive mind. All of his peers seem to believe he is, and who knows better than them?

Peyton Manning also recommended Jim Caldwell to the Lions and Papa John’s to America.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:09 PM 01-10-2019

Gase and Manning are friends so of course Manning is going to recommend him.

Gase’s resume speaks for itself... 12 years, 5 NFL teams and he hasn’t coached a single top 10 offense that didn’t include Manning. Most of the non-Manning offenses Gase has coached finished towards the bottom of the league in points/yards.

Explain how that resume makes Adam Gase a “young offensive talent”.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:14 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Apparently Peyton Manning loves Gase

Tony Gonzalez loved Tyler Thigpen
[Reply]
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Up