ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 218 of 223
« First < 118168208214215216217218 219220221222 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?
BigRedChief 03:48 PM 07-03-2015
What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right. :-)

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached: 11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg (58.7 KB) 11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg (107.7 KB) 11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg (92.7 KB) 11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg (86.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Pablo 09:42 PM 07-01-2023
That's a thicccc bitch.

Good work
[Reply]
philfree 09:59 PM 07-01-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
That's a thicccc bitch.

Good work
It ate really good. The only negative is that I'm not used to working on a grill. A shallow grill. I use a smoker or a propane grill usually except there was no way I was cooking a Tomahawk over propane. I had the fire ready and the grate in place so all I had to do was put the steak on. I put on my little cotton gloves with my nitril gloves pulled over them which is fine for working in the cook chamber of my offset smoker. I opened the grill top with my left hand and placed the steak on with my right. Well I was doing a reverse sear so I it wasn't directly over the coals but as I put the steak on and fiddled around with it for a few seconds I felt my hand get hot. As I walked away I was like "wow that was really hot I think I need to put on a heavier glove." So I did on my left and just kept my right hand bare. I sitting there drinking some Iced Tea and my hand is hurting. I notice it's slightly swollen. I seared my ****ing hand through the gloves! Ouch! It still hurts a little. I switched to some Crown so hopefully that helps with the pain.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:45 PM 07-01-2023
Originally Posted by philfree:
It ate really good. The only negative is that I'm not used to working on a grill. A shallow grill. I use a smoker or a propane grill usually except there was no way I was cooking a Tomahawk over propane. I had the fire ready and the grate in place so all I had to do was put the steak on. I put on my little cotton gloves with my nitril gloves pulled over them which is fine for working in the cook chamber of my offset smoker. I opened the grill top with my left hand and placed the steak on with my right. Well I was doing a reverse sear so I it wasn't directly over the coals but as I put the steak on and fiddled around with it for a few seconds I felt my hand get hot. As I walked away I was like "wow that was really hot I think I need to put on a heavier glove." So I did on my left and just kept my right hand bare. I sitting there drinking some Iced Tea and my hand is hurting. I notice it's slightly swollen. I seared my ****ing hand through the gloves! Ouch! It still hurts a little. I switched to some Crown so hopefully that helps with the pain.
Don't feel too bad. I grabbed a dying, but still burning briquet that slipped thru my chimney to get it off my chopping stump. Genious level shit.

BBQ injuries are just the name of the game. Of course booze was involved. I will say my wife got me some $20 grill gloves from Ace that are pretty legit. Fit my hand good and are flexible. Pull out scorching hot cast iron from the oven and not feel it. Check them out for future ventures lol

Firing up the Weber for an overnight brisket smoke

[Reply]
philfree 12:11 AM 07-02-2023
Don't feel too bad. I grabbed a dying, but still burning briquet that slipped thru my chimney to get it off my chopping stump. Genious level shit.

BBQ injuries are just the name of the game. Of course booze was involved. I will say my wife got me some $20 grill gloves from Ace that are pretty legit. Fit my hand good and are flexible. Pull out scorching hot cast iron from the oven and not feel it. Check them out for future ventures lol

Firing up the Weber for an overnight brisket smoke

I've cooked several brisket on my offset smoker but never on a grill setup. I need to smoke a brisket. I've been itchin' to smoke one. I just did a Butt along with some ribs. It was probably the best Butt I've ever done. The ribs came out a bit undercooked.

Looks like you're about to have some fun. Have fun!
[Reply]
Pablo 04:18 PM 07-02-2023
Brisket and ends and cheesy corn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:56 PM 07-02-2023
Brisket and ends and cheesy corn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fuck me.

I haven't eaten anything all day. I shouldn't have clicked this thread.
[Reply]
booger 07:42 PM 07-02-2023
Just burgers tonight-I like them super rare
Attached: IMG_1497.jpg (86.1 KB) 
[Reply]
booger 07:49 PM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I just use a bench scraper to push everything to grease trap, get a paper towel, run the bench scraper with a paper towel over it until it's clean. Biggest thing is do it while it's hot.

A few times early on I did some shit with some sugar in it that stuck pretty good and I just used some water in a squirt bottle. If it's seasoned, the steam from the water should release your burned on shit.

I'm not looking to use any chemical on mine.
https://www.citrusafe.com/product/ci...grill-cleaner/

You can get this on Amazon Walmart Home Depot…

I use it for the grill and it works well. Like you say get it hot first.
[Reply]
philfree 07:58 PM 07-02-2023
That brisket looks good...
[Reply]
booger 08:01 PM 07-02-2023
A little sauce talk for the evening. Cookie’s brand is an Iowa sauce I grew up on and liked best. Otherwise pretty basic stuff like Sweet Baby Ray’s and KC Masterpiece. Been using Gates and Jack Stack both original flavors since April on everything I grill. Both really good stuff but I like Jack Stack better. Gates almost has a spaghetti sauce bit to it to me. Haven’t tried anything other than the original but Hy Vee has some different Gates flavors I will check out one of these days.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:51 PM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by booger:
A little sauce talk for the evening. Cookie’s brand is an Iowa sauce I grew up on and liked best. Otherwise pretty basic stuff like Sweet Baby Ray’s and KC Masterpiece. Been using Gates and Jack Stack both original flavors since April on everything I grill. Both really good stuff but I like Jack Stack better. Gates almost has a spaghetti sauce bit to it to me. Haven’t tried anything other than the original but Hy Vee has some different Gates flavors I will check out one of these days.
Jack Stack or Joes regular are the two base sauces I use. Alternate depending on where I’m shopping when I need to buy some. Costco has jack stack with two big bottles for like 10 bucks. That was I used for the ends.

Gates spicy is a must try if you like heat IMO also Joes cowtown night of the living sauce for sweeter heat

I love gates sauce but don’t always have it on hand.
[Reply]
booger 09:17 PM 07-02-2023
Jack Stack or Joes regular are the two base sauces I use. Alternate depending on where I’m shopping when I need to buy some. Costco has jack stack with two big bottles for like 10 bucks. That was I used for the ends.

Gates spicy is a must try if you like heat IMO also Joes cowtown night of the living sauce for sweeter heat

I love gates sauce but don’t always have it on hand.
No heat for me lol just original sweet or mild. I’m hooked on Jack Stack. I will have to try and order some Joes. I’ve got to try Gates or Jack Stack in my baked beans next time I grill some. Cookie’s has a good sauce that has a mustard blend to it that I like. I think Jack Stack has something similar I have seen on Amazon
[Reply]
Pablo 09:21 PM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by philfree:
That brisket looks good...
Thanks it was very good.
[Reply]
booger 09:28 PM 07-02-2023
Weber makes a great burger seasoning (they call it gourmet burger I think) and the steak seasoning of theirs called Montana blend is awesome
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:43 AM 07-03-2023
Originally Posted by booger:
Oklahoma Joes is my go to. I also bought some Firebugs sauce on the rec of Pablo that was also excellent.

It's tough for me to get shit out here in the boonies. KCBBQ Shop periodically runs a special with free shipping that I load up on shit on. I just try a bunch of shit and see if it's good. Usually is. Credit to KCU for the KCBBQ shop rec.
[Reply]
Page 218 of 223
« First < 118168208214215216217218 219220221222 > Last »
Up