ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Prescription eyeglasses: What a racket!
displacedinMN 04:27 PM 03-26-2024
https://www.eyebuydirect.com/
[Reply]
BWillie 07:57 PM 03-26-2024
Zenni pretty cheap but you can't get exactly what you want. I have a couple golf sunglasses that I don't care about but if you want to get nice designer sunglasses...shit $800+
[Reply]
007 08:06 PM 03-26-2024
Fuck. Lets talk car insurance dude. Talk about completely raping the public.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:07 AM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by 007:
****. Lets talk car insurance dude. Talk about completely raping the public.
My wife was sitting at a stop light in heavy traffic. Some teenager wasn't paying attention and ran into the back on her. Car totaled.

Fast forward to our next bill. Goes up $200. I call to ask why and its because my wife was in wreck. But, it wasnt her fault. Doesnt matter. You were involved in a wreck, everyone gets a rate increase because Florida is a "no fault" state they can raise rates on everyone just like you caused the wreck.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:16 PM 03-26-2024
Yeah my pair last year cost me 20$ and that was for copay
[Reply]
lewdog 09:33 PM 03-26-2024
Get those losers you work for to offer you medical, vision and dental insurance.
[Reply]
scho63 09:52 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Get those losers you work for to offer you medical, vision and dental insurance.
:-)

I have super health insurance and $0 out of pocket for anything BUT eyeglasses or contacts. My eye exam was covered.

My CPAP machine and mask were 100% covered and was like $1,200 retail.

My prescriptions $0 co-pay. Doc visits and hospital 0% co-pay.

I get two dental checkups a year, free emergency dental and most all covered with pre-approval.

Only having to cover about $500 a year out of pocket for contacts and $225 once every 10-15 years for a new pair of eyeglasses is fine by me.

I can't imagine how much I would have had to spend since 2019 with everything I have been through medically.

I wouldn't be having $1 lunches cause I would be broke as a joke.
[Reply]
scho63 10:12 PM 03-26-2024
Learned about Zenni today.

Who said CP isn't a wealth of knowledge?

Even poop threads have a nugget of knowledge if you look hard enough.
[Reply]
lcarus 05:44 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
Even poop threads have a nugget of knowledge if you look hard enough.
They have nuggets of poop too
[Reply]
myselff77 07:46 AM 03-27-2024
I jumped on the Zenni bandwagon when my son learned how to quickly rip glasses off my face and throw them. Much better he throw and scratch up a $50 pair of glasses than the $600 pair I previously had. I haven't really noticed any difference in quality either.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:46 AM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by myselff77:
I jumped on the Zenni bandwagon when my son learned how to quickly rip glasses off my face and throw them. Much better he throw and scratch up a $50 pair of glasses than the $600 pair I previously had. I haven't really noticed any difference in quality either.
My wife and I have bought ours from Zenni exclusively for about the past decade. I read reviews online from people who have the opinion that they're lower quality, but I guess I don't have the context to understand in what way. I'm sure other places are more stylish if that's what you're going for, but I've gotten plenty of compliments for the ones I have, so they're not exactly ugly.

I pay for the upgrades to smudge-resistant lenses, but that's largely it. I've never had an issue with scratches (and I largely just use my shirts to clean them - definitely not going out of my way to use microfiber cloths every time or anything). I suppose if you literally get a $7 pair, it's likely that the frames will be pretty flimsy, but that seems what you would expect. I just looked at my order history, and I tend to order a new pair every 3-4 years, which seems pretty average I would think.

The only major downside from my perspective is that you can't try things on. Every once in a while, we've gotten a pair that we ended up not liking. That does suck, but when you're paying $20 instead of $200 (or more), it's pretty easy to just accept that you'll make a mistake from time to time, and it still works out well in your favor in the end.
[Reply]
srvy 09:19 AM 03-27-2024

[Reply]
luv 10:42 AM 03-27-2024
My husband doesn't wear glasses, and I didn't start wearing glasses until I was 24. I'm hoping the kiddo is like his dad, but, if not, I'm hoping he's old enough to pay for his own by the time he starts needing them. :-)

No-line bifocals are expensive, too.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:46 PM 03-27-2024
Thankfully, I only need readers.
[Reply]
Coach 03:46 PM 03-27-2024
The only complaint I have is that the high RX isn't compatible with rimless glasses that I have come across, unfortunately.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up