ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 146
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
RunKC 08:58 AM 02-03-2023
Stop. The. Run. These guys are very vulnerable if you make them pass.

Jalen Hurts has been sacked 38 times on 460 attempts while Mahomes has been sacked 26 times on 648 attempts. Either the Eagles O-Line isn’t as good as folks make it out to be or Hurts holds on to the ball too long. Either way, he can be got.

— Sterling Holmes (@HomestretchKC) February 2, 2023

[Reply]
Youngbuck17 09:16 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
I agree with a lot of this, but defensive scheme? Their run D sucks (which teams don't try to abuse), their pass-rush is absurd and could definitely exploit a weakness like our tackles, and they're good in the secondary. LBs are definitely exploitable.

I think Andy and co will devise a great plan, and obviously they haven't seen anything like a Mahomes-led offense, but I'm not sure how it's a great matchup. The 9ers, for example, would've been better. Much better run D, a less diverse pass-rush that we could scheme against 1 guy, and worse in the secondary.
The Eagles run defense isn't elite, but not as bad currently as the stats show. Once the Eagles added Suh and Joseph to the middle, and Davis came back from injury, they got much better. The games where they gave up the most rushing yards included scrambling QBs like Fields.

You're also undervaluing the the linebacker play. White has been an average player this year, but TJ Edwards (according to PFF) is tied for the 2nd most solo tackles in the league this year and grades out as one of the better pass-defending line backers in the league. He'll never blow you away with athleticism (in other words, he's not catching a speedy WR or probably even Kelce from behind) but he is excellent at diagnosing plays as they develop and taking the best angles to make a play.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:38 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I know a lot of people here aren't high on Watson, but having him back is a big help, in my opinion. His size and speed has to be accounted for. Other than that stretch where he had the dropsies, he's been pretty dependable.
My only complaint about Watson during the season was that he shouldn't be a guy getting more snaps than any other WR on the roster.

Like Run said, he's an excellent role player. But if he's on the field too much (and he was several times in the middle of the season) that's not necessarily a good thing, especially if Andy isn't going to run the ball.
[Reply]
O.city 09:40 AM 02-03-2023
So it's off subject but at this point we can put to bed the "bring back JJSS" stuff right?
[Reply]
Swimm 10:05 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Youngbuck17:
Stats don't ever tell the full story, but they can point out the flaws in basic arguments.

Passing Yards:
Burrow: 4,475 (in 606 pass attempts)
Hurts: 3,701 (in 460 pass attempts) (remember Hurts missed a few games)

Completion %:
Burrow: 68.3%
Hurts: 66.5%

Passing TD/INT:
Burrow: 35/12
Hurts: 22/6

QB Rate:
Burrow: 100.8
Hurts: 101.6

Rushing yards and TDs:
Burrow: 257 yards and 5 TDs
Hurts: 760 yards and 13 TDs

20+ yard plays:
Burrow: 53
Hurts: 52

40+ yard plays:
Burrow: 10
Hurts: 11
Hurts passing stats on the year. He ranks #1 in the NFL from inside the pocket and also has the best TD-TO Ratio

I think some people here are also forgetting AJ Brown has almost 1500 yards on the season and DeVonta Smith is a few yards shy of 1200 yards. Dallas Goedert inspite being out some games has over 700 yards.

This team is very capable through the Air. The only question is Hurts health
[Reply]
cmd227 10:22 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Swimm:
Hurts passing stats on the year. He ranks #1 in the NFL from inside the pocket and also has the best TD-TO Ratio

I think some people here are also forgetting AJ Brown has almost 1500 yards on the season and DeVonta Smith is a few yards shy of 1200 yards. Dallas Goedert inspite being out some games has over 700 yards.

Thank you. Some of the posters on here are dismissing Jalens ability to throw the ball. He has improved drastically this year in that area with the stats to show. The shoulder though. That is the big unknown.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:30 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Swimm:

Originally Posted by cmd227:
Thank you. Some of the posters on here are dismissing Jalens ability to throw the ball. He has improved drastically this year in that area with the stats to show. The shoulder though. That is the big unknown.
Ok, that's great and all but both of these posts treat the shoulder like some passive, minor issue.

It's kind of a big deal. His stats since his shoulder injury are nowhere near as dazzling. It's not an "unknown". It's not really a "question". His shoulder is busted. He said as much yesterday. No one is even trying to hide it.

Eagles get to play a Mahomes with an injured ankle, Chiefs are playing a Hurts with a busted shoulder.

Those things can't just be dismissed.
[Reply]
Youngbuck17 10:59 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Ok, that's great and all but both of these posts treat the shoulder like some passive, minor issue.

It's kind of a big deal. His stats since his shoulder injury are nowhere near as dazzling. It's not an "unknown". It's not really a "question". His shoulder is busted. He said as much yesterday. No one is even trying to hide it.

Eagles get to play a Mahomes with an injured ankle, Chiefs are playing a Hurts with a busted shoulder.

Those things can't just be dismissed.
You're absolutely right. I think the OPers were probably bringing up the issue because none of the posts (that I saw) that spoke about Hurts not being very good (poor man's Lamar Jackson...etc) ever referenced his injured shoulder. Perhaps they meant "now that his shoulder is hurt" he's not as dynamic of a passer, but none of the posts downplaying him ever gave that disclaimer. So it makes it seem as though they are discussing his entire season, which I think is exactly what they were doing. As if he wasn't the MVP favorite or runner up prior to the injury.
But no doubt, the arm injury is a large concern now, and he simply hasn't looked as good since trying to come back from it. Mahomes may have an ankle injury but I'd take that all day over a QB with a shoulder injury on his throwing arm.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:11 AM 02-03-2023
Does it get any easier than this? Good God man

Here are the last 14 QBs the Eagles have faced:

Cooper Rush
Kenny Pickett
Davis Mills
Taylor Heinicke
Matt Ryan
Aaron Rodgers (scored 33 points)
Ryan Tannehill
Daniel Jones
Justin Fields
Dak Prescott (scored 34 points)
Andy Dalton
Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones
Josh Johnson

Also gave up 35 to Jared Goff…without Jameson Williams
[Reply]
DRM08 11:15 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Cooper Rush
Kenny Pickett
Davis Mills
Taylor Heinicke
Matt Ryan
Ryan Tannehill
Daniel Jones
Justin Fields
Andy Dalton
Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones
Josh Johnson

Heck...the final week of the regular season, it wasn't even Daniel Jones for the Giants. It was their backup QB Davis Webb. The Giants pretty much forfeited that game by playing all backups.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:24 AM 02-03-2023
I'd probably have to deep dive into the games but at first glance it appears that the teams that shut down the Eagles offense (<24 pts) mostly shut down their running backs (not necessarily Hurts running) and it seemed like no back of theirs got more than 50 yards.

Key on that running game and hold them to 21 or less, I think Mahomes curb stomps them.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:29 AM 02-03-2023
https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/v...he-2022-season

There's all of their sacks if you want to go watch them.

Jesus Christ, Carson Wentz has literally ZERO pocket awareness.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:33 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Cooper Rush
Kenny Pickett
Davis Mills
Taylor Heinicke
Matt Ryan
Ryan Tannehill
Daniel Jones
Justin Fields
Andy Dalton
Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones
Josh Johnson

It’s probably no coincidence that Reddick, Hargrave, Graham, and Sweat are all at different stages of their careers, but all just happened to post a career high in sacks this year. Even Fletcher Cox posted his highest total since 2018.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:33 AM 02-03-2023
We do need a plan for Reddick. Can't allow him to just run around our tackles.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:37 AM 02-03-2023
If you watch that sack video, Romo mentioned in one of the games that the Eagles love to rush 5. They also love to run a ton of stunts.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 146
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118 > Last »
Up