ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 169 of 190
« First < 69119159165166167168169 170171172173179 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:42 PM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Will be great seeing a vaccinated, asymptomatic Giannis sitting out the last two games of the Finals for reasons that remain unclear.
Suns only chance tbh
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:45 PM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Suns only chance tbh
Looks like it right now. As long as Middleton/Holiday keep up even close to this.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:01 PM 07-17-2021
:-) Why they gotta do LeBron like that

[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:05 PM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Why they gotta do LeBron like that

I’m sure he only showed for the Space Jam pub. Looks like Disney wanted to push more viewers to Black Widow instead :-)
[Reply]
lcarus 10:08 PM 07-17-2021
It'll be interesting to see if the "good Bucks" show up to finish this series off at home. The fuckers looked ripe to go down in 5 after game 2.

It sure has been nice watching a series where they aren't chucking up 90 threes every game.
[Reply]
eDave 10:23 PM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
It was a gimme 2 points...easy. you act like it was a oop to a 6 2 white boy :-)
As a diehard Suns fan for a month or so, a Suns win due to that will be lackluster and almost embarrassing to cheer. Beyond that, the Suns run is over.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:35 PM 07-17-2021
Awesome series..Hopefully it goes 7.
[Reply]
lcarus 05:37 AM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) So does Ben Simmons just not exist or...
Simmons is bad. 60% FT shooter. Chokes under pressure too. Shaq is bad but he still stayed a bit above 50% and was able to knock them down in big games and pressure moments (sometimes). The worst free throw shooter ever is Ben Wallace. 41% for his career. Andre Drummond is 47%.

But yeah for a guard Simmons is just awful at free throws. Nick Anderson is kind of comparable in that aspect. What a case that was. He was around a 70% FT shooter before he choked away that game in the Finals. Then the season after Shaq left in 96/97, he shot 40.4% for the year. That was the worse year of his career. He did bounce back a little bit the next year and had his moments. I'll never forget him carrying the Magic to a win over Shaq and the Lakers when Hardaway was injured.
[Reply]
lcarus 06:01 AM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
Series. Over.
The Suns are down now, but it's never over til it's over. Milwaukee is gonna be pretty hungry to finish them off in their place. They certainly don't wanna go back to Phoenix for a game 7.

I do hope the Suns win it, but really I just want it to go 7 for entertainment value. An NBA Finals game 7 in Phoenix would be pretty nuts.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 06:50 AM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
The Suns are down now, but it's never over til it's over. Milwaukee is gonna be pretty hungry to finish them off in their place. They certainly don't wanna go back to Phoenix for a game 7.

I do hope the Suns win it, but really I just want it to go 7 for entertainment value. An NBA Finals game 7 in Phoenix would be pretty nuts.
Yeah, as a Suns fan I’m obviously being a bit homeristic right now, but the Suns were the best road team in the NBA this season. It’s not even so much that their defense has been bad as much as it is the Bucks shooting streaks have been other worldly. All the Suns need is for those contested shots to not fall.

I know it doesn’t look good right now, but I’m holding out hope. The Suns are the last of mine and my dad’s favorite teams (also Chiefs, Royals, Jayhawks) that we haven’t watched win a championship together.

Sports have always been a huge part of our relationship and it’s been awesome to finally witness the Chiefs success. My dad was recently diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis, and to be honest, we have no idea how long he has. It may be two years… may be ten.

I know it may sound unimportant to some, but getting to watch all of our teams win championships just closes a small chapter. I hope they pull it out.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 07:24 AM 07-18-2021
Few things make me get off the couch in sports, especially when my teams aren’t in the spotlight. But that strip ally last night was nasty! My dog was like what, Mahomes report or something?!?
[Reply]
MTG#10 07:33 AM 07-18-2021
I finally got to see two of my three favorite teams win a championship recently with the Royals and Chiefs, I thought it was going to be all three but it's not looking good. The Suns are just overmatched against the Bucs and I'm kind of surprised they even won the first two.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:34 AM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
I finally got to see two of my three favorite teams win a championship recently with the Royals and Chiefs, I thought it was going to be all three but it's not looking good. The Suns are just overmatched against the Bucs and I'm kind of surprised they even won the first two.
Same thing except with the Dodgers.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:39 AM 07-18-2021
The Suns are going to win game 6. All bets off for game 7. This has been my favorite finals in some time. I think it was 94 the last time you had basically 2 new teams (stars) with the Rockets and Knicks. Obviously everyone missed MJ but it was nice seeing 2 new teams match-up that year as well and it really catapulted Olajuan to another level.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:46 AM 07-18-2021
I hope you optimistic guys are right but to me, the Suns are just overmatched. Once the Bucks get a lead of more than a couple points, the Suns seem incapable of coming back and sealing the deal. They can get it close, but the past two games, the Suns have had opportunities late with the ball in either one of their 2 best player's hands and both times they have turned the ball over. In a close series, you have to win one of those games.

Bucks just look locked in. Giannis can close out a title at home. I don't see a game 7
[Reply]
Page 169 of 190
« First < 69119159165166167168169 170171172173179 > Last »
Up