ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Baker's Dozen of Draft Donuts
Chris Meck 09:48 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Time to take a dose of my own medicine on the OT front.

Spencer Brown is my new draft crush for a LT in round 1.

He checks a few of my boxes and violates one.

OL outside of top 15 - check
Scheme fit - Check
Production over potential - Question mark. He was productive at his level and at RT but its more on potential at LT. Hmm
I like Brown a lot, but I don't know that you have to take him a #31. I've not seen a mock where he's gone at #63.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:43 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I like Brown a lot, but I don't know that you have to take him a #31. I've not seen a mock where he's gone at #63.
Possibly not, although NFL.com had him as their 72nd rated player prior to pro days.

I've seen chirping at various sites that his pro-day confirmed what everyone was seeing on tape athletically and because of hit he could make a rise up boards. I think one of them mentioned they wouldn't be surprised at all with a late 1 or very early 2nd.

I just don't think a guy with measurements that match tape like he has lasts long.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:49 AM 04-07-2021
Possibly not, although NFL.com had him as their 72nd rated player prior to pro days.

I've seen chirping at various sites that his pro-day confirmed what everyone was seeing on tape athletically and because of hit he could make a rise up boards. I think one of them mentioned they wouldn't be surprised at all with a late 1 or very early 2nd.

I just don't think a guy with measurements that match tape like he has lasts long.
You may be right. I seem to have read a profile that indicated he's a smart, high effort kid too. I don't see how a kid like that with measurables like that isn't going to be a good player.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 11:04 AM 04-07-2021
Solid list. The contrarian in me can't find a single bone to pick with this. Of course there's exceptions here and there
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:15 AM 04-07-2021
You may be right. I seem to have read a profile that indicated he's a smart, high effort kid too. I don't see how a kid like that with measurables like that isn't going to be a good player.
He and Radunz, both.

Putting a smart guy at LT, next to a certified genious like Thuney, seems like a unique situation where you might actually be able to survive having a rookie LT.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:20 AM 04-07-2021
He's originally from Lenox IA and went to school in-state. He got a first-class education for sure but until he actually LEAVES this hellhole, I wouldn't say he's "smart". :-)
[Reply]
kcbubb 04:08 PM 04-07-2021
Time to take a dose of my own medicine on the OT front.

Spencer Brown is my new draft crush for a LT in round 1.

He checks a few of my boxes and violates one.

OL outside of top 15 - check
Scheme fit - Check
Production over potential - Question mark. He was productive at his level and at RT but its more on potential at LT. Hmm
His production at LT is zero bc he played RT. So, I’d turn that question mark into a check. Another question would be, why didn’t he beat out the existing LT?

We need to link a gambling site to this bc I’d bet that brown is a late 2nd at the earliest, probably later. You don’t draft a LT or really any lineman early for how he performs in spandex!
[Reply]
kccrow 05:08 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
His production at LT is zero bc he played RT. So, I’d turn that question mark into a check. Another question would be, why didn’t he beat out the existing LT?

We need to link a gambling site to this bc I’d bet that brown is a late 2nd at the earliest, probably later. You don’t draft a LT or really any lineman early for how he performs in spandex!
lol. He's the 72nd rated player on NFL.com (Zeurlein), before spandex.

Josh Edwards at CBS mocked him to KC at 31 3 weeks ago.
A bunch of guys at SI have had him in the 1st, as high as 19 to Washington.
Matt Miller at Bleacher Report put him at 23 5 months ago.

So there have been instances of him in the 1st and plenty with him as a 2nd rounder.

I'd wager late 2nd would be the latest, not the earliest, and that was before he confirmed the tape didn't lie by putting up a monster workout.

You watch this kid for 30 seconds you'll see a guy that can move and pass block.

As for LT, I'm not sure why he didn't get that spot, that's up to the coaches. That said, they have a really good LT over there in Trevor Penning who's going to be an NFL player in my eyes and probably goes pretty high. He's also 6'7" 305 and moves well.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:12 PM 04-08-2021
lol. He's the 72nd rated player on NFL.com (Zeurlein), before spandex.

Josh Edwards at CBS mocked him to KC at 31 3 weeks ago.
A bunch of guys at SI have had him in the 1st, as high as 19 to Washington.
Matt Miller at Bleacher Report put him at 23 5 months ago.

So there have been instances of him in the 1st and plenty with him as a 2nd rounder.

I'd wager late 2nd would be the latest, not the earliest, and that was before he confirmed the tape didn't lie by putting up a monster workout.

You watch this kid for 30 seconds you'll see a guy that can move and pass block.

As for LT, I'm not sure why he didn't get that spot, that's up to the coaches. That said, they have a really good LT over there in Trevor Penning who's going to be an NFL player in my eyes and probably goes pretty high. He's also 6'7" 305 and moves well.
you can't argue with him. Didn't you see The Blind Side?!

Right tackles are guys that couldn't play Left tackle!
[Reply]
kccrow 06:10 PM 04-08-2021
you can't argue with him. Didn't you see The Blind Side?!

Right tackles are guys that couldn't play Left tackle!
haha. right?!

Apparently, he did not take note of Jedrick Wills only playing RT at Alabama but testing well athletically and becoming the Browns starter at LT.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:58 AM 04-07-2021
Quite honestly, I still like these rules. Can't find much to disagree with.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:07 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Quite honestly, I still like these rules. Can't find much to disagree with.
I might add-

from round 4 on, you take superior athletic profiles and coach 'em up.

if you have a 'hole' in the line-up at an important spot, take 2. One early, one late.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:47 AM 04-07-2021
I got 2 pages in before I realized this thread was 8 years old.

And I agree with the rules essentially.

There are always exceptions to the rules, but by and large, yeah.

I like Spencer Brown a lot. Also Radunz.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:18 PM 04-08-2021
Niang’s calves are too skinny!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:38 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Niang’s calves are too skinny!
and can only step right and not left!
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up