ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Mahomes INT
TLO 11:31 AM 09-22-2021

[Reply]
notorious 03:25 PM 09-22-2021
Why do you guys think he’s down in that pic?

No elbow or knee.

Hand doesn’t count.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:27 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Why do you guys think he’s down in that pic?

No elbow or knee.

Hand doesn’t count.
Because we're stupid.
[Reply]
oldman 03:37 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Worse than that. He didn't need to take the sack.

He vacated a clean pocket. His Ts had kept the middle open for him and Humphrey had the block and the angle on his man. Mahomes, instead of taking 2 steps up and hitting Kelce over the middle, abandoned the pocket outright, blew Humphries blocking angle and got himself hit.

Then he compounded the problem with an ill-advised throw.

It was very possibly the worst single rep I have ever seen from Mahomes. There was simply no reason for it and nothing redeemable about it.

Great, great, GREAT player who was the reason we went shot for shot with Baltimore in that game. But that was a truly awful play.
You make several valid points. The company line is that he hs been working on staying in the pocket this season, but if you've run for your life for much of your career, it's hard to break old habits. It's not the end of the world, he'll throw more INTs over the next 10 years, and he learns from his mistakes.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:42 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
They went out and built him this line. It's playing really well. Stay behind it and stop leaving it.
That's why I was skeptical about spending so much resources on the O-line. The o-line was why we lost the Super Bowl. That is true. But it's also true there isn't a QB in football that doesn't need a great offensive line as much as Mahomes.

Losing what we did last year due to injuries and opt outs was bad luck, not a badly built offensive line.
[Reply]
TRR 03:50 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
That's why I was skeptical about spending so much resources on the O-line. The o-line was why we lost the Super Bowl. That is true. But it's also true there isn't a QB in football that doesn't need a great offensive line as much as Mahomes.

Losing what we did last year due to injuries and opt outs was bad luck, not a badly built offensive line.
Including the injury to Mahomes. Did you catch on the telecast that he had to curl his toes in to able to run in the Super Bowl? Probably a different game even if he was healthy regardless of the OL.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:26 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
in the grand scheme i didnt think this mattered all that much

20-25 yards of field position?
Yep, one off tackle run. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 04:37 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Worse than that. He didn't need to take the sack.

He vacated a clean pocket. His Ts had kept the middle open for him and Humphrey had the block and the angle on his man. Mahomes, instead of taking 2 steps up and hitting Kelce over the middle, abandoned the pocket outright, blew Humphries blocking angle and got himself hit.

Then he compounded the problem with an ill-advised throw.

It was very possibly the worst single rep I have ever seen from Mahomes. There was simply no reason for it and nothing redeemable about it.

Great, great, GREAT player who was the reason we went shot for shot with Baltimore in that game. But that was a truly awful play.
You could hear it in his voice in his post game comments. He said he saw Robinson open but Kelce flashed in his vision and he thought he could step in to the throw, but obviously not. Said he should have absolutely gone to DRob and that was maybe his worst play as a pro in his own words.

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
in the grand scheme i didnt think this mattered all that much

20-25 yards of field position?
Momentum, brother. Yeah, a punt wouldn't have netted a significant amount of yards for the defense, but turnovers, and that one in particular), let the Ravens believe they had a shot.

Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Even then, I believe he still had Robinson alone on the left sideline.
And nobody around him, to boot. It would have been a solid 5 yard gainer by the time Robison got done doing the Bus Stop out there!
[Reply]
srvy 05:21 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Only the back of your hand counts as "down".
How often have we seen a back getting tripped up put his hand on the turf to regain balance and continue downfield? A hand on the turf doesn't seem to end the play.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:29 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Steron:
As soon as I saw it was Blakeman, I turned to my wife and said we're going to have to blow the Ravens out. Close game and we're in trouble. Sadly, I was right.
#invstigaecleteblakeman
[Reply]
-King- 10:09 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
How often have we seen a back getting tripped up put his hand on the turf to regain balance and continue downfield? A hand on the turf doesn't seem to end the play.
The palm of your hand doesn't stop the play. The back of your hand does.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:51 AM 09-23-2021
He wasn’t down. They didn’t blow the play. You see plays in every game, every week with a player putting his hand down on the ground to keep the play alive.
[Reply]
thechiefsrback 12:38 PM 09-23-2021
it was a bad interception and came at a really crucial time.

that said, mahomes acknowledged it was a mistake and he will learn from it.

move on and on to chargers game.
[Reply]
-King- 12:43 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
He wasn’t down. They didn’t blow the play. You see plays in every game, every week with a player putting his hand down on the ground to keep the play alive.
The reading comprehension in this thread is at an all time low.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:49 PM 09-23-2021
Only the back of your hand counts as "down".
The reading comprehension in this thread is at an all time low.
See below. No part of the hand makes a player down.
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:

Mahomes was not down.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules...wn-by-contact/
Originally Posted by :
Note: If, after contact by an opponent, any part of a runner’s leg above the ankle or any part of his arm above the wrist touches the ground, the runner is down

[Reply]
Rain Man 02:09 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Steron:
As soon as I saw it was Blakeman, I turned to my wife and said we're going to have to blow the Ravens out. Close game and we're in trouble. Sadly, I was right.
Well, at least it wasn't Cheffers, so we had a non-zero chance to win.

Actually, I didn't have a problem with the officiating. There were some missed calls, but on both sides.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up