ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Dang! Susanna Hoffs still looks great!
Stewie 02:36 PM 07-19-2021
I thought she was smokin' hot back in the day and things haven't changed.

This is a live concert video of The Bangles from 2019. They actually sound really good. Susanna is 60 years old in this video. She could pass for 20 years younger. No glamour shots needed.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:18 PM 07-20-2021
She's super cool and really pleasant to be around, too.

I first met her at the Viper Room back in 1997. She and Matthew Sweet were part of Austin Powers backing band, Ming Tea (that's the band that does music in between scenes in the first AP film) and it was absolutely fucking hysterical, although the players were great.

I had no idea what I was watching but it was awesome. It all made sense later that year when I saw Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery.

She rocks.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:32 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I first met her at the Viper Room back in 1997. She and Matthew Sweet were part of Austin Powers backing band, Ming Tea (that's the band that does music in between scenes in the first AP film) and it was absolutely fucking hysterical, although the players were great.

I had no idea what I was watching but it was awesome. It all made sense later that year when I saw Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery.

She rocks.
I, for one, might still be interested in a Bangles/Stryper collab. Pull those old 90's Hollywood strings!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:46 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I, for one, might still be interested in a Bangles/Stryper collab. Pull those old 90's Hollywood strings!
:-)

Yeah, that would certainly be interesting!

But it's this Matthew Sweet that was in Ming Tea. He's also toured with Susanna.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:56 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I first met her at the Viper Room back in 1997. She and Matthew Sweet were part of Austin Powers backing band, Ming Tea (that's the band that does music in between scenes in the first AP film) and it was absolutely ****ing hysterical, although the players were great.

She rocks.
I remember watching the first Austin Powers in the theater when it first came out. I laughed my ass off, but the rest of the theater didn’t seem to get the joke or the sense of humor.

Over the next year that movie blew up and by the time the sequel hit it was huge.

I had no idea Hoffs was in that band. Pretty cool
[Reply]
Bowser 05:14 PM 07-20-2021
Oh, THAT one.

Nvm, lol
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:31 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I remember watching the first Austin Powers in the theater when it first came out. I laughed my ass off, but the rest of the theater didn’t seem to get the joke or the sense of humor.

Over the next year that movie blew up and by the time the sequel hit it was huge.

I had no idea Hoffs was in that band. Pretty cool
Yeah, as far as I know, there was only one Live performance, which was that night at the Viper Room.

There were a ton of big time actors there, too, as it was a private performance.

Oh, and now that I think about it, it was the Fall of 1996, not early 1997, because my girlfriend (now wife) was in Europe so she wasn't with me that night.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:57 PM 07-20-2021

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:10 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:

Haha. I had forgotten she made a few movies and has some acting credits.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:30 AM 07-21-2021

[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:52 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Haha. I had forgotten she made a few movies and has some acting credits.
That was from a music video.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:01 PM 07-21-2021
That was from a music video.
No. I think it’s from this movie:

https://youtu.be/33oETC5bOuU
[Reply]
Bowser 02:49 PM 07-21-2021

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2