ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 35
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Bryan Cook Thread*****
Dante84 07:18 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Cook was the third-most valuable safety in college football in 2021 #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/PpjLYjZwK5

— Eric Eager ���� (@PFF_Eric) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
Skyy God 02:05 PM 03-22-2023
Way better than a stupid hill.

No box jump, tho.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:07 PM 03-22-2023
I really wish we could've seen this guy's workout numbers at the combine.

Veach said he would've went higher if he tested.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:52 PM 03-22-2023
I really have unrealistic expectations for this guy. Like when he hits a scrambling quarterback he literally loses his head and it goes rolling out of bounds and he's dead.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:10 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I really have unrealistic expectations for this guy. Like when he hits a scrambling quarterback he literally loses his head and it goes rolling out of bounds and he's dead.

[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:15 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is an impressive physique for a safety that can run

That guy running full speed towards you would be fucking terrifying.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:22 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think if the Raiders take this guy in the second you make fun of them for drafting a 4th round version of Jonathan Abram in the 2nd round.

The mood is up so everyone loves this pick, but this one’s pretty damn iffy. Underwater on pure value based on ANY objective review, not a position of true immediate need and not much ceiling.

This is a questionable pick that nobody wants to actually question because they like the other picks.
I don't understand how it wasn't position of need.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:32 PM 03-23-2023
So, what's the consensus about where Cook ends up playing? he's probably not going to be FS, right? Looks more like a SS, near the box. Then does that make Reid the FS in deep center?
[Reply]
Mecca 04:38 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So, what's the consensus about where Cook ends up playing? he's probably not going to be FS, right? Looks more like a SS, near the box. Then does that make Reid the FS in deep center?
In today's game safeties are largely interchangeable.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:40 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
In today's game safeties are largely interchangeable.
Sure. What I mean is in single high downs or whatever. Who's our best deep S at the moment? Cooks doesn't seem to fit that role.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:42 PM 03-23-2023
Sure. What I mean is in single high downs or whatever. Who's our best deep S at the moment? Cooks doesn't seem to fit that role.
I think Spags will rotate whomever back there to change the look. As previously noted, they'll likely play interchangeably.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:44 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think Spags will rotate whomever back there to change the look. As previously noted, they'll likely play interchangeably.
Lol, I know Spags will rotate people around. My question is simply which of our two S is better at playing deep centerfield? Which guy has the better skillset in that situation?
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:44 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I don't understand how it wasn't position of need.
DJ is verbose and occasionally wrong.

News at 11.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:52 PM 03-23-2023
I don't think it could be Cook. I don't think he has the range or read. I'll be honest, I didn't like the pick much at that point in the draft, but he tackles well and seems solid the nearer he is to the line. I just think he's not quick or fluid enough for FS.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:58 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I don't think it could be Cook. I don't think he has the range or read. I'll be honest, I didn't like the pick much at that point in the draft, but he tackles well and seems solid the nearer he is to the line. I just think he's not quick or fluid enough for FS.
That's kind of what I was thinking, but i also admit i spent very little time actually watching Cook. Reid looked decent at times back there, and I think I read somewhere that he really is supposed to be a FS.

I mean, I'm not worried about it at all. Spags will figure it out, and we actually have both Sneed and MCDuffie that could play S if it became necessary, so it's not like anyone needs to panic. I was just curious which guy was better playing deep, or to be more precise, my gut told me that Cook wasn't it, and I was fishing for consensus on CP.:-)
[Reply]
JPH83 05:06 PM 03-23-2023
That's kind of what I was thinking, but i also admit i spent very little time actually watching Cook. Reid looked decent at times back there, and I think I read somewhere that he really is supposed to be a FS.

I mean, I'm not worried about it at all. Spags will figure it out, and we actually have both Sneed and MCDuffie that could play S if it became necessary, so it's not like anyone needs to panic. I was just curious which guy was better playing deep, or to be more precise, my gut told me that Cook wasn't it, and I was fishing for consensus on CP.:-)
I think I agree on Reid, but I know less about his usage with the Texans and what's been typical for him. Seems like he's been used everywhere on the assumption of versatility. But to my eyes he might be better further back. Presume Spags will just keep spinning everyone around!

I'm probably way off but...I kinda feel like there might be an expanded role for Nazeeh Johnson. Think he ran in the 4.3s and he looked QUICK on STs, and a way more reliable tackler than in college
[Reply]
Page 25 of 35
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Up