ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2499 of 2694
« First < 1499199923992449248924952496249724982499 2500250125022503250925492599 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
BWillie 04:46 PM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Pffff.

Same shit was said about his throwing mechanics.

Pat 'bout to revolutionize the golf swing.

"Oh my gosh, look at those multiple swing angles. SOOooo talented".
He's got the super over the top power I'm just a fucking athlete swing. How he's not a 20 handicap amazes me. But he's Patrick Mahomes so maybe not.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:46 PM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Pat's golf swing....isn't very good.
Check back in 10 Coors Lights from now
[Reply]
Monticore 10:07 PM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It really isn't very good TBH. It's quite amazing he's as good as he is. He's just such a great athlete and good at everything he does. I don't even think he grips it normally. Kelce actually has a better swing that Mahomes does I think even though Mahomes is the better golfer.

Yep. Tons of people claim how you swing doesn't matter. FALSE. What matters is you get to the right position at P6 and P7 (right before the ball & impact). There are legitimately no pros that don't have P6 and P7 right. Just about every golfer over a 3 handicap DO NOT have these positions right. Even 3 handicaps like myself, we don't get P6 just right which is why I can't be any better than I am. Yet I hear bogey golfers all the time tell me that the swing doesn't matter, which makes me chuckle.

Best golf advice I ever had was just be athletic , my game got worse the more I learned about the swing , most people people would improve their games more seeing a sports psychologist rather than a golf pro . I mean there are some people who will never be good at golf no matter what but the ones with basic talent would benefit.
[Reply]
O.city 10:04 AM 06-30-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Pffff.

Same shit was said about his throwing mechanics.

Pat 'bout to revolutionize the golf swing.

"Oh my gosh, look at those multiple swing angles. SOOooo talented".
Yeah, nah.
[Reply]
O.city 10:06 AM 06-30-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It really isn't very good TBH. It's quite amazing he's as good as he is. He's just such a great athlete and good at everything he does. I don't even think he grips it normally. Kelce actually has a better swing that Mahomes does I think even though Mahomes is the better golfer.

Yep. Tons of people claim how you swing doesn't matter. FALSE. What matters is you get to the right position at P6 and P7 (right before the ball & impact). There are legitimately no pros that don't have P6 and P7 right. Just about every golfer over a 3 handicap DO NOT have these positions right. Even 3 handicaps like myself, we don't get P6 just right which is why I can't be any better than I am. Yet I hear bogey golfers all the time tell me that the swing doesn't matter, which makes me chuckle.
He gets steep in transition. Hits a pull cut. It works fine, it's repeatable, but when it gets off, he's in trouble.

Yeah, people don't know what they're talking about in regards to the golf swing.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:06 AM 06-30-2023
Yeah, nah.
This is BLASPHEMY and will not be tolerated.

KILL HIM!
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:07 AM 06-30-2023
He gets steep in transition. Hits a pull cut. It works fine, it's repeatable, but when it gets off, he's in trouble.

Yeah, people don't know what they're talking about in regards to the golf swing.
You know what, fuck you buddy.

Im not going to just sit here and let you slander our savior like this.

FUCK

YOU

DUDE.

I will Jihad your ass.
[Reply]
O.city 10:16 AM 06-30-2023
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Best golf advice I ever had was just be athletic , my game got worse the more I learned about the swing , most people people would improve their games more seeing a sports psychologist rather than a golf pro . I mean there are some people who will never be good at golf no matter what but the ones with basic talent would benefit.
Nah.

Learn the right things about the golf swing and it'll get better.
[Reply]
crispystl 10:17 AM 06-30-2023
Nah.

Seriously wtf says the swing doesn't matter? It's everything.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:39 AM 06-30-2023
Nah.

Underlying athleticism makes repeatability a hell of a lot easier. And premier hand-eye coordination makes those minor changes during the swing innate.

Athleticism matters a TON. Colton Parayko had never played golf and immediately goes to a long-drive competition in St. Louis and wins the thing. Because of course he does.

Guys like Kelce and Mahomes have far less 'refined' swings than I do, but they ball strike better because of repeatability and outstanding fine motor skills that simply put the head where they want it to be.

My swing actually looks good and I'm serviceable in a 4-some because I hit a lot of good shots. But man, I hit a LOT of bad ones. Because I just have zero repeatability. And no, I don't get out much, but still - truly athletic guys can just do it. They swing the club 10 times at the range and then they're good to go.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:42 PM 06-30-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

My swing actually looks good and I'm serviceable in a 4-some because I hit a lot of good shots.
Yeah, I'm pretty serviceable in a 4-some, too.

Wait.

What are we talking about?
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:55 PM 06-30-2023
Curry swings a club the right way and just got his fucking ass beat by Patrick Mahomes and his supposed shitty swing.

It's like Clay shitting on Mahomes pre-draft and telling us to trade away all of our 2017 shit for 2018 picks so we can go up to #1 overall and take Sam Darnold, who had great footwork in college.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:02 PM 06-30-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Underlying athleticism makes repeatability a hell of a lot easier. And premier hand-eye coordination makes those minor changes during the swing innate.

Athleticism matters a TON. Colton Parayko had never played golf and immediately goes to a long-drive competition in St. Louis and wins the thing. Because of course he does.

Guys like Kelce and Mahomes have far less 'refined' swings than I do, but they ball strike better because of repeatability and outstanding fine motor skills that simply put the head where they want it to be.

My swing actually looks good and I'm serviceable in a 4-some because I hit a lot of good shots. But man, I hit a LOT of bad ones. Because I just have zero repeatability. And no, I don't get out much, but still - truly athletic guys can just do it. They swing the club 10 times at the range and then they're good to go.
My pushback would be that WHEN you start to play golf seems to be a HUGE predictor of how good you can get. 98% of tour pros started playing as soon as they could walk. 99.9% started playing before high achool. I'm a firm believer that there is something to with athletic & motor functions being imprinted in the brain that the earlier the better.

Golf is commonly a game past great athletes pick up once they are in their 30s or 40s. Why then is there virtually zero Champions tour (50+ yr old tour) players who picked up golf later in life? Its because of the reasons I outlined. Ive seen guys who were good at every single sport in high school and insane college athletes. They picked up golf in their 20s even. Play allll the time and just cant get very good.

I imagine it would be similar if I had never played baseball before and at age 30 decided to be as good as I can at it. My ceiling to be good would be DRASTICALLY lower.

Because of his dad and Family Mahomes started slinging footballs and baseballs around before he even had cognizant memory. So the throwing motions and crazy arm slots are just like instinct to him. One of the reasons I believe hes so good.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:24 PM 06-30-2023
Nah.

Not really , i have seen multiple teaching pros and said the same thing , I don’t need lessons , my natural swing is a good enough to be scratch , I need a shrink lol , just played 9 with my son shot 1over ( with 3 putt par/lip out for bird) My second 9 holes this year , people over think and over complicate the golf swing .
[Reply]
Monticore 04:35 PM 06-30-2023
Earnest Jones’s “ swing the club head “

Bob Rotella “ golf is not a game of perfect “

Must reads for any golfer .
[Reply]
Page 2499 of 2694
« First < 1499199923992449248924952496249724982499 2500250125022503250925492599 > Last »
Up