ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 223 of 469
« First < 123173213219220221222223 224225226227233273323 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
myselff77 10:06 PM 07-13-2022
Well I guess it makes sense why Ryan O”Hearn kept getting playing time in right field. Royals knew he would be needed for a three game series.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:11 PM 07-13-2022
Whit can fuck off. Dude is a selfish dick with those comments. I hope he's traded. I think alot of people would be pissed off if this team was in a race. Having 40% of your guys out adds to just a shit show season.

Hopefully Witt will be the leader soon cause it's not Whit.
[Reply]
srvy 10:11 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
Good thing that the World Cup 2026 Venue cities announcement was June 16, 2022, and not July 16, 2022.
I have not met anyone who gives 2 shits about the world cup except soccer moms and their children with no talent but running like fools kicking a ball to win a too long game 1-0.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:14 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
I have not met anyone who gives 2 shits about the world cup except soccer moms and their children with no talent but running like fools kicking a ball to win a too long game 1-0.
The world cup is the biggest thing to happen in KC history. GMAFB you wrinkly old fuck.
[Reply]
srvy 10:15 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
The world cup is the biggest thing to happen in KC history. GMAFB you wrinkly old fuck.
OK Spazz hit that crack pipe again.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:17 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
OK Spazz hit that crack pipe again.
How many soccer mom's do you see at the nursing home?
[Reply]
srvy 10:23 PM 07-13-2022
How many soccer mom's do you see at the nursing home?
More than you do after you come out of your meth and crack brain stupor to spazz an hour before night night again.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 10:46 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:
Eh this conversation could go a lot of ways, but this is one of the worst parts of it right here. This is a pretty terrible statement by Whit and I don't think there's really an argument otherwise. Basically saying if you trade me for I'll probably get it but I can't be bothered right now. Hard to build a winning culture when your leaders don't give a damn.

Matheny and Moore should lose their jobs over this. 11 or >40% of the players on the active roster can't cross the border when 25 total players in other organizations have missed time due to similar circumstances.

FURTHER, and perhaps WORSE from a baseball perspective: Moore and Piccollo didn't trade Benintendi, Merrifield, and MAT before this news?

Finally, its no wonder there is strife in the locker room. If Whit' "I'd do it for a playoff team" represents the thoughts of these other gomers, it makes for a team with the wrong priorities. Whit, and everyone else mailing it in because they aren't on a playoff team represent a rotten clubhouse culture. A losing attitude - and not because they chose not to get the shot - but because they just didn't get it because they didn't care enough about the team's performance.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:52 PM 07-13-2022
Glass is rolling over in his grave rn at how bad Sherman is. Moore needs to be gone honestly. Why the fuck is we’re still here? Matheny needs to be gone as well
[Reply]
PHOG 06:51 AM 07-14-2022
Still don't want to see an in-season firing? GTFO
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:37 AM 07-14-2022
Matheny is allowing a toxic clubhouse to fester. This fucking retard needs to be gone.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:06 AM 07-14-2022
Matheny is allowing a toxic clubhouse to fester. This fucking retard needs to be gone.

It’s the culture he built. And if you’re surprised, you didn’t pay attention to the culture he built in St. Louis, too.

He’s a fraud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:28 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It’s the culture he built. And if you’re surprised, you didn’t pay attention to the culture he built in St. Louis, too.

He’s a fraud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not a bit surprised. I knew the minute that Dayton brought that motherfucker into this organization that he would be the manager and would fuck up any chance this team would have of being competitive. The fact that Eldred has been allowed to stay as pitching coach with negative development of every fucking pitcher on this team is sickening.

Hell, it's not crazy to think that this team would be in the playoff hunt if we just had an average coaching staff. If we had a pitching coach that could get just some development from these young pitchers.

Dayton Moore cannot be allowed to hire another manager and needs to either be gone or in a position where he isnt involved with players and personnel. I actually like Picollo and would like to see him given an actual chance to be GM of this team without that Bible thumping moron having final say in regards to everything.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:37 AM 07-14-2022
If Dayton does get his pick of another coach then you can bet it'll be some goober ass idiot that shares his love for the Bible. A real molder of young men that are just swell people.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:52 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

He’s a fraud.
I think that's why Mozeliak was so fond of him now that I think about it.

It's HARD to be routinely exposed for piss poor decisions you make and still maintain a haughty air of smug superiority.

Mozeliak does better than anyone I've ever seen. But Matheny isn't too far behind him. Mozeliak is essentially Matheny's older brother. And when things keep heading south, both of them are just gonna double down on how great they are while putting more effort into dodging responsibility for the problems than they do into actually fixing them.

Matheny's continued employment in this sport is a complete mind-fuck to me. I wouldn't even let him be a minor league instructor. Okay, maybe I'd let him do that - in small doses he may provide some bit of fortune cookie wisdom he read from the back of a menu or a jesus pamphlet someone stuck under his windshield wiper somewhere.

But you can't even let that guy be a full time assistant. He is Sisyphus's boulder. He's the water that formed the Grand Canyon. He's unrelentingly burdensome and in time he just breaks people down to where Whit Merrifield essentially answers an interview question with "Hey, I'd have gotten vaccinated if we didn't suck - so please trade for me; I promise I'll get the jab if you get me out of here..."

But guys - he went to a couple classes. He learned from his mistakes!

As I warned y'all at the time - the problem with Mike Matheny (at least early stage Mike Matheny) has nothing to do with his eagerness to be good. I absolutely believe he tried to improve. No - the problem with Mike Matheny is that he is just an unintelligent person. He's stupid. And you can send stupid people to as many classes as you want and they may listen intently. But ultimately they're still stupid - they're just going to learn the wrong lesson.

Duncan, you'll love this one:

Originally Posted by :
"Education is no substitute for intelligence. That elusive quality is defined in part by puzzle-solving ability. It is in the creation of new puzzles reflecting what your senses report that you round out the definitions"

Frank Herbert; Chapterhouse: Dune
Finished that one up a month or so ago - probably my 2nd favorite book in the whole series. The difference between Frank and Brian isn't necessarily in the storytelling as Brian can tell a fascinating story. It's in the philosophy woven into Frank's novels. There are great little thought experiments littered throughout those books. That said, he got up his own ass in The God Emperor; I didn't even finish it. Made it about 2/3 of the way and quit. Read a Wiki on the ending and went onto Heretics.
[Reply]
Page 223 of 469
« First < 123173213219220221222223 224225226227233273323 > Last »
Up