ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2260 of 2691
« First < 1260176021602210225022562257225822592260 2261226222632264227023102360 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:02 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
So authentic to listen too during season
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:00 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I wanna hear the rest of that

"We're going right to the plane. Nobody knows we were here... That's our next quarterback."

@SeanPayton details to @ColinCowherd how the Saints almost landed Patrick Mahomes pic.twitter.com/9h5UQQJs91

— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) September 12, 2022

[Reply]
dirk digler 08:08 AM 09-13-2022

Not every video clip I want to use will fit into this week's Mahomes review, so here's him calmly climbing the pocket against a delayed blitzer that gets through and finding Kelce. pic.twitter.com/WJNR4u2nO2

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) September 13, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:55 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Deep in the pit of his soul, Sean Payton knows that he's still coaching if he'd have drafted Mahomes. And that he'd be coaching for another 15 years. And he'd go down among the all-time great coaches.

He can sit there and chuckle and talk about how happy they were about getting Lattimore all he wants. He can say "we both won" if it makes him feel better. But this Thursday he'll be sitting at home watching that game knowing full well that he'd be on his way to being an historical coaching icon if he'd have swapped places with the Bengals.

And man, if he really got out of that meeting and told his staff "hey, keep this stuff secret because THAT'S our QBOTF..." how do you not flip a 2nd out there to get him and just knock it out?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:57 AM 09-13-2022
Payton: "He was best that I've ever evaluated coming out of college, and there's a gap before the next one. He was that good."

I mean that pretty much says it all.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:57 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Deep in the pit of his soul, Sean Payton knows that he's still coaching if he'd have drafted Mahomes. And that he'd be coaching for another 15 years. And he'd go down among the all-time great coaches.

He can sit there and chuckle and talk about how happy they were about getting Lattimore all he wants. He can say "we both won" if it makes him feel better. But this Thursday he'll be sitting at home watching that game knowing full well that he'd be on his way to being an historical coaching icon if he'd have swapped places with the Bengals.

And man, if he really got out of that meeting and told his staff "hey, keep this stuff secret because THAT'S our QBOTF..." how do you not flip a 2nd out there to get him and just knock it out?
Cause he thought they were smart enough that no one would take Mahomes in front of them..they were a win now team that wanted to draft for the future and now so flipping picks wasn't in the cards.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:58 AM 09-13-2022

All true.

The only thing I can think of is that he didn't see the Chiefs coming for Mahomes from 17 spots away to lift him, especially when Alex Smith was here and playing respectably. But like you said.....if a QB impresses you THAT much, you get him however you can. Even if your current QB is Drew Brees.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:10 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
All true.

The only thing I can think of is that he didn't see the Chiefs coming for Mahomes from 17 spots away to lift him, especially when Alex Smith was here and playing respectably. But like you said.....if a QB impresses you THAT much, you get him however you can. Even if your current QB is Drew Brees.
I just don't know that I've ever seen a better example of "get your QB first, sort out the rest later..."

Because by any reasonable measure, Marshawn Lattimore is an incredibly successful 1st round pick. Taken outside of the top 10, 4 time pro-bowler at a high value position. It is a win on every level.

Unless Patrick Mahomes was the alternative. And if, by your own admission, this is the best QB eval you've ever done and by a fair amount, there actually IS no alternative. Your QB is 38 years old. Your cap is in shambles.

Get your QB - sort the rest out later.

Lord, can you imagine their haul if they'd have just flipped the 42nd pick (Marcus Williams; no slouch in his own right)? Mahomes, Ramczyk, Hendrickson, Kamara and Anzalone have all been good players in this league. Heck, Al-Quadin Muhammad has been solid.

And look at what they DID pull with Lattimore, Ramczyk, Williams, Hendrickson, Kamara, Anzalone and Muhammad. That may be the best draft from top to bottom I've ever seen. And it was just enough to have the whole thing set on fire by the time those guys rookie contracts were due. Everything about that draft was amazing in a vacuum and despite having a HoF quarterback under center it netted them 3 playoff wins in 4 seasons and a complete organizational re-set.

Here in Kansas City - we're just getting warmed up.

Get your QB - sort the rest out later.
[Reply]
-King- 10:24 AM 09-13-2022
Didn't even notice the weird release when watching live

[Reply]
staylor26 10:29 AM 09-13-2022
Remember when King spent the entire offseason crying about the Tyreek trade?

Fun times!
[Reply]
-King- 10:31 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Remember when King spent the entire offseason crying about the Tyreek trade?

Fun times!
Oh snap!
[Reply]
penguinz 10:35 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Didn't even notice the weird release when watching live

He just flipped it with his wrist. Amazing talent.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:45 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Oh snap!
I'm sure you'd like to pretend like that never happened, just like the offseason before when you claimed Veach needed to "change his approach" on attracting free agents.

God damn you're clueless.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:48 AM 09-13-2022

Yeah, that's the part that makes me cringe whenever I hear something about a coach saying they wanted Mahomes.

I mean, good for you if you scouted him heavily and saw this kind of potential. But you have no excuse. If you had done a trade up to get him, Dorsey and Reid could be in that position right now saying they were going to do a trade up to get Mahomes, but at least they have the excuse of having to engineer a much bigger trade from 27th overall. You have no excuse just sitting there at 11.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:51 AM 09-13-2022
Yeah that’s sweet
[Reply]
Page 2260 of 2691
« First < 1260176021602210225022562257225822592260 2261226222632264227023102360 > Last »
Up