ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 78
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Walt Disney World
Brianfo 12:01 PM 01-11-2006
My wife and I will be taking 2 small children to Walt Disney World in Florida in 2 weeks. I get to go as a bonus thru my work. We are staying at the Hilton. My question is what is the weather like down there in January? Any good ideas on what to see and do with twins that are 2 years old? I am kind of looking forward to it. A chance to get out of Iowa in January. Oh well, enought blabbing. Any responses are greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
007 05:27 AM 02-18-2011
Found another useful site for those that may be going soon...

www.easywdw.com
[Reply]
007 03:22 AM 04-01-2011
For you Haunted Mansion lovers out there. Change is coming.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2011/0...ansion-finale/
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:46 AM 04-21-2011
Anyone been to Disneyland in Cali lately? Thinking about going in June.....

Sounds like they are doing construction in the hotels right now....
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 10:54 AM 04-21-2011
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Anyone been to Disneyland in Cali lately? Thinking about going in June.....

Sounds like they are doing construction in the hotels right now....
Come to FL instead and spend mucho $$.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 11:40 AM 04-21-2011
Originally Posted by Guru:
I could see it for that as long as they give you a big window to come to it in. The current FastPass system gives you a full hour (of course, you can show up as late as you want but not earlier than the time stated on the ticket). If they gave any less than one hour then I would probably not bother with it. I don't want to have to worry about getting to a certain ride by a certain time.

But, if I were going to use it on anything, it would be Toy Story, Soarin and Space Mountain.
I once waited in line for a FastPass for "Soarin"..the douchebags (British fuckers) in front of me took all of them. They must have been a group of like 50 people.
[Reply]
Lono 07:34 AM 05-04-2011
Going on our first Disney trip in July. Bought tickets off ebay, had a friend who works at disney got my discount on hotel, and booked our flight. 7 days, 6 nights, Total $2100. That is without food. We are planning on hitting a grocery store and buying sandwich stuff and snacks. We are planning on about $1500 for food and other stuff. I will have to go back and read this thread for cool stuff that is a must. Feel pretty good about the price, same stuff on Disney site was $2800 with a meal plan and that was not including airfare.

I do have one question, the tickets I bought were for 4 Adult/Junior magic your way base tickets. Will my 5 and 7 year old be able to get in on those? If not i can just sell 2 and buy kids tickets.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:15 AM 05-04-2011
Got my Cali trip to Disneyland booked for June. Got a real good deal on the Disneyland Hotel. Air Fare, not so much.....
[Reply]
jamielevand 01:49 PM 05-21-2011
Check out Orlando sea world packages for other fun for the whole family.
[Reply]
007 01:51 PM 05-21-2011
I hope this isn't really bad spam.
[Reply]
JD10367 02:10 PM 05-21-2011
Fuck that shit, at 6pm tonight I'll be able to drive down to Disney World and just jump the gates and roam around for free. :-)
[Reply]
Silock 06:10 AM 10-18-2011
Leaving on Friday. 10 day trip FTW! This time, we've added Universal Studios to the itinerary. That could be a nice change of pace, considering we usually are WDW-only peeps. Plus, the food and wine festival is going on. I love food and I love wine, and being drunk in Disney is quite fun.
[Reply]
Amnorix 12:42 PM 02-28-2012
We are considering booking our next trip to Disney. The kids are clamoring for it, and I'm thinking we "owe" them one presumably last trip there. Frankly, there's alot more of the world I need to go see, but whatever.

The key thing here is that we're likely going early in the summer, in June, so swimming/pools are suddenly an important consideration, and somethign I know NOTHING about at Disney. So a few questions:

1. is it worth it to add the water park package to the base tickets. Basically, the 8 day magic pass gets you into one park per day. Add park hopper for $234. Add water parks for another $234, and it's like "holy crap, that's $500 more just on tickets?!"

2. alternative to water parks is to stay at a lodge (we will be staying at the park unless more experienced heads on here give us a better plan) that has a great pool. Which resorts have the best pools? Our general rule is to cheap out on accomodations -- as long as it's clean and functional, we're fine. We don't loiter in the room -- we're too busy being out and about, so springing extra for rooms isn't our usual plan. But if a park has a fantastic pool with several slides, etc., maybe...?

Thoughts? I'll take referrals to websites for more insight. Glad to do my own legwork.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:48 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
We are considering booking our next trip to Disney. The kids are clamoring for it, and I'm thinking we "owe" them one presumably last trip there. Frankly, there's alot more of the world I need to go see, but whatever.

The key thing here is that we're likely going early in the summer, in June, so swimming/pools are suddenly an important consideration, and somethign I know NOTHING about at Disney. So a few questions:

1. is it worth it to add the water park package to the base tickets. Basically, the 8 day magic pass gets you into one park per day. Add park hopper for $234. Add water parks for another $234, and it's like "holy crap, that's $500 more just on tickets?!"

2. alternative to water parks is to stay at a lodge (we will be staying at the park unless more experienced heads on here give us a better plan) that has a great pool. Which resorts have the best pools? Our general rule is to cheap out on accomodations -- as long as it's clean and functional, we're fine. We don't loiter in the room -- we're too busy being out and about, so springing extra for rooms isn't our usual plan. But if a park has a fantastic pool with several slides, etc., maybe...?

Thoughts? I'll take referrals to websites for more insight. Glad to do my own legwork.

If you aren't against staying off property, you can rent a home with pool for a decent price. We did it one year and loved it. Was nice to come home from the parks, grill out back while the kids wound down the day with swimming.

http://www.vrbo.com/
[Reply]
Amnorix 12:53 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
If you aren't against staying off property, you can rent a home with pool for a decent price. We did it one year and loved it. Was nice to come home from the parks, grill out back while the kids wound down the day with swimming.

http://www.vrbo.com/

I'm not adamantly against it. I was toying with it because perhaps the family would like to see some of the other stuff Orlando has to offer...
[Reply]
God of Thunder 01:16 PM 02-28-2012
If you stay off-site, you'll lose out on Magical Express from Orlando Intl. You'll also lose out on Disney Dining Plan, and you'll lose out on Extra Magic Hours.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 78
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up