ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 34
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 General Fitness thread
redfan 05:42 PM 01-02-2021
Been walking 2-2.5 miles most days with wifey, gonna try to up to 3+ this year.
[Reply]
frozenchief 06:59 PM 01-02-2021
I was doing Starting Strength last year until gyms closed down because of Covid. It's a great program if you want to get strong. It's free weights. No Nautilus. No cardio. The book goes into great detail about the basic exercises, how and why they work, how to do them correctly, etc. The website has numerous videos about how to do the lifts correctly. The app has everything programmed for you. Sad thing is that I lost a lot of gains with closed gyms so it feels like I have to start over again.

Info is here:

https://startingstrength.com/
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:22 PM 01-11-2021
Anyone join planet fitness? I see they are doing the 10 dollar membership again. Was worth it just for the eye candy IMO
[Reply]
loochy 02:24 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Anyone join planet fitness? I see they are doing the 10 dollar membership again. Was worth it just for the eye candy IMO

We like to make fun of PF, but $10 a month is probably worth it even if you only go twice a month.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:27 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
We like to make fun of PF, but $10 a month is probably worth it even if you only go twice a month.
Right.

Its a good gym for beginners.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 03:12 PM 01-11-2021
I've worked out regularly for about 10 years. I'd say im decently strong and fairly big but carrying a lot of extra lbs. I was running 2 miles a day until about july, Plantar Fasciitis is kicking my ass. I think im gonna start swimming to shed some lbs, any pointers or input i appreciated. Also some strength size routines are always appreciated i feel like im in a rut.
[Reply]
loochy 03:14 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I've worked out regularly for about 10 years. I'd say im decently strong and fairly big but carrying a lot of extra lbs. I was running 2 miles a day until about july, Plantar Fasciitis is kicking my ass. I think im gonna start swimming to shed some lbs, any pointers or input i appreciated. Also some strength size routines are always appreciated i feel like im in a rut.

PF sucks and there's really no good cure besides rest. Some things can help, like orthotics and stretching, but you have to rest it. Try some strassburg socks - those helped me.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:47 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Fuck Plantar Fasciitis.

When I was still trying to play ball, I'd tape it like this. There are some different kinds of tapes these days that I know nothing about, and different strategies, but this definitely helped me. Just make sure to wash and dry your foot first and put your sock on while you're sitting down before you move. It takes a minute, especially when you haven't done it too many times, and nothing is more irritating than starting over.

I've done some myofascial release. Meh

Cold packs will help if you fire it up and it is hurting, but at that point the damage is done.

There are lots of stretching. It is certainly worthwhile.

I did orthotics for awhile, and they were so hard, when I'd stand on concrete (which I do) they'd just inflame it because there was no cushion. Maybe you can come up with better options. So I'm better off just getting some really good support shoes which have some cushion. I've gotten along with brooks and Salamon, but everybody's foot is different.

I tried these arch support things that went around my foot, it just shifted around and hurt really bad.

Plantar Fasciitis is the devil.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:30 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
**** Plantar Fasciitis.

When I was still trying to play ball, I'd tape it like this. There are some different kinds of tapes these days that I know nothing about, and different strategies, but this definitely helped me. Just make sure to wash and dry your foot first and put your sock on while you're sitting down before you move. It takes a minute, especially when you haven't done it too many times, and nothing is more irritating than starting over.

I've done some myofascial release. Meh

Cold packs will help if you fire it up and it is hurting, but at that point the damage is done.

There are lots of stretching. It is certainly worthwhile.

I did orthotics for awhile, and they were so hard, when I'd stand on concrete (which I do) they'd just inflame it because there was no cushion. Maybe you can come up with better options. So I'm better off just getting some really good support shoes which have some cushion. I've gotten along with brooks and Salamon, but everybody's foot is different.

I tried these arch support things that went around my foot, it just shifted around and hurt really bad.

Plantar Fasciitis is the devil.
Somehow i missed this before. I'll try the taping. I've tried 6-7 different insoles that are supposed to be good for it. My best luck was with footprint kingfoam insoles the 7mm ones. They dont have arch support but absorb shock. I feel like it really helped strengthen my ankles and foot by not leaning on the arch while standing, and it takes some initial shock from each step off the heel. I'd say im about 80% better now. I'm really ready to get back running, swimming sucks lol.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:39 PM 01-11-2021
PF sucks and there's really no good cure besides rest. Some things can help, like orthotics and stretching, but you have to rest it. Try some strassburg socks - those helped me.
I have PF in my left foot right now, acted up a couple days ago its been years since the last time I've had it. I've had PF probably 3 or 4 separate times, once in both feet at at the same time. I've been a distance runner for almost 10 years. Always been able to run through it while doing different treatments like sleeping in arch compression socks (not strassburg) rolling it out on a golf ball, orthotics, eccentric calf stretches etc...in fact the less running I did the worse it got. I typically only get it when my mileage drops between 20-25 miles a week for a while. As my running ramps back up it goes away. Pure rest to get rid of PF simply takes too long and isn't an option in my world.

Also I switched to Hokas a few years back, this is the first time I've had PF since then. I slightly twisted my left ankle last week and may be compensating when running and created the issue now that I think about it.
[Reply]
loochy 04:51 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I have PF in my left foot right now, acted up a couple days ago its been years since the last time I've had it. I've had PF probably 3 or 4 separate times, once in both feet at at the same time. I've been a distance runner for almost 10 years. Always been able to run through it while doing different treatments like sleeping in arch compression socks (not strassburg) rolling it out on a golf ball, orthotics, eccentric calf stretches etc...in fact the less running I did the worse it got. I typically only get it when my mileage drops between 20-25 miles a week for a while. As my running ramps back up it goes away. Pure rest to get rid of PF simply takes too long and isn't an option in my world.

Also I switched to Hokas a few years back, this is the first time I've had PF since then. I slightly twisted my left ankle last week and may be compensating when running and created the issue now that I think about it.

I used to have it from soccer. When I lost weight and took a few months off from soccer and running (groin pull). I did elliptical or bike (no foot flex things besides walking), strassburg socks at night, and dropped about 20 lbs and it didn't come back when I started back to soccer.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:58 PM 01-11-2021
I used to have it from soccer. When I lost weight and took a few months off from soccer and running (groin pull). I did elliptical or bike (no foot flex things besides walking), strassburg socks at night, and dropped about 20 lbs and it didn't come back when I started back to soccer.
Like I said, a couple months off just isn't an option for me. You can work through it if you have to but it sucks for a while.
[Reply]
LittleMeatballNick 05:14 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

What Hoka's are you running in right now? And how do you like them?
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:37 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick:
What Hoka's are you running in right now? And how do you like them?
Clifton's, been wearing them for a couple years now. Love them but they take a minute to get used to.

You can get a ton of miles out of them as well.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:01 AM 01-12-2021
Ive got compression socks, tried several orthotics, and ice it. My biggest problem is my job. 8 hours a day of waking or standing on concrete for the most part. Also i kept running a mile for several months when it flared up because gyms were closed for covid and it was the only real exercise i was getting.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 34
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up