ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 31
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
KChiefs1 10:08 AM 03-03-2021
https://theathletic.com/2419203/2021...ds-deep-class/

Dane Brugler:

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Malaeimi, American Samoa (Desert Hills); Age: 20.56

2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (6-foot-4, 308 pounds)
Sugar Land, Texas (Clements); Age: 22.09

3. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6-foot-5, 315 pounds)
Upper Marlboro, Md. (Riverdale); Age: 21.91

4. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Topeka, Kan. (Topeka); Age: 23.16

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (6-foot-5, 301 pounds)
Cleveland, Ohio (Saint Ignatius); Age: 23.28

6. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6-foot-7, 310 pounds)
Humble, Texas (Atascocita); Age: 22.20

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)
Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

8. D’Ante Smith, East Carolina (6-foot-5, 294 pounds)
Augusta, Ga. (Grovetown); Age: 22.89

9. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (6-foot-6, 304 pounds)
Becker, Minn. (Becker); Age: 23.09

10. Walker Little, Stanford (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Houston, Texas (Episcopal); Age: 22.08

11. Brady Christensen, BYU (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Bountiful, Utah (Bountiful)

12. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (6-foot-8, 314 pounds)
Lenox, Iowa (Lenox); Age: 23.09
[Reply]
kcbubb 07:59 PM 03-29-2021
Chiefs will resign fisher and make do until he’s healthy. Pick DE or CB round 1 and bpa the rest of the way. No need to panic.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:37 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I guess I missed where you are an NFL personnel man and actually know who is and isn't available.

I absolutely disagree and that's the last I'm going to say on the subject. The upside here is that if the Chiefs take a tackle in the draft, I'm good.

If they don't, you guys are going to lose your shit. Don't say I didn't warn you.
I will only lose my shit if the following happens:

1. The Chiefs sign no FA stop-gap LT (i.e. Okung, no others out there).
2. The Chiefs do not draft a LT in Rounds 1 or 2.
3. The Chiefs execute 1 and 2, giving me overwhelming fear, and Walker Little does not fall to 94 and the Chiefs are left holding their dicks.
4. This is the point where I lose my shit.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:39 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by :
The 2020 Outland Trophy Winner measured in at 6-foot-5, 312 pounds. He posted a 85 3/8-inch wingspan (98th percentile) and a 34.5-inch vertical leap (98th percentile). He ran a 4.96 40-yard dash (94th percentage) and posted a 9-foot, 10-inch broad jump (99th percentile).
I can’t get over this. This is the kind of guy that Veach loves.

I think Leatherwood is my darkhorse Chiefs pick if there’s a run on T’s like some are concerned about.

I always felt like he wasn’t a scheme fit, or he might have to play G, but he’s exactly what they’re looking for physically.
[Reply]
Chargem 06:43 AM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I will only lose my shit if the following happens:

1. The Chiefs sign no FA stop-gap LT (i.e. Okung, no others out there).
2. The Chiefs do not draft a LT in Rounds 1 or 2.
3. The Chiefs execute 1 and 2, giving me overwhelming fear, and Walker Little does not fall to 94 and the Chiefs are left holding their dicks.
4. This is the point where I lose my shit.
I think I would only lose my shit if they didn't sign a veteran LT OR center.

Say they bring back Reiter for center, then went DE (Phillips?) WR (E Moore?) in the the first two picks, or somehow got say Bateman then Tryon? I guess I would be okay with it, you're adding a lot of talent with your first 2 picks.

They would basically be saying "hey the line is better or the same in 4 of 5 slots, we couldn't get the guy at LT with how the board fell but we're going with Rankins plus chip help and we will try and get Fish back mid year if it looks like a disaster" - I could live with it.

Clearly its not something I would want them to plan to do, but the plan was Williams..
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:06 AM 03-30-2021
per Nate Taylor of the Athletic:

Round 1 (pick 26): OT Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State

Yes, we started this mock draft with a fairly significant trade: The Chiefs sent the 31st, 94th and 136th picks to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for the 26th and 91st pick.

The reasoning here is pretty simple: The Chiefs need to acquire the most talented tackle they can in the first round of the draft. Sure, the Chiefs could still strengthen their roster by signing a veteran left tackle with either Russell Okung or Alejandro Villanueva. But for the future of the franchise, as protecting Mahomes matters most for Veach and Reid, the Chiefs should do what they can to move up in the first round if a tackle prospect they covet is still available. And that was the impetus for our make-believe trade.

The more film of Jenkins I watched, the easier it was to see why he can have a successful career. Chiefs fans should start falling in love with Jenkins. Listed at 6-foot-7 and 320 pounds, Jenkins can bully defenders and has long arms to stay attached to the pass rusher to disrupt their path to the quarterback. Jenkins is athletic, too, and works hard to engage in a block when he’s downfield, which should pair well with the complex screen passes Reid designs. One issue, as Brugler notes, is that Jenkins could stand to be more consistent with his technique. The Chiefs should have faith in offensive line assistant Andy Heck to help polish Jenkins’ technique and hand placement.

In Brugler’s new Top 100 Big Board, Jenkins is the 20th-ranked prospect.

By trading picks with the Browns, the Chiefs were able to jump over AFC contenders in the Baltimore Ravens (pick 27) and the Buffalo Bills (30), two teams that could select Jenkins. In The Athletic’s first beat writer mock draft earlier this month, the Ravens selected Jenkins.

In our mock, one reason the Chiefs were able to select Jenkins (after the trade) was because they benefited from a run on edge players, as four such prospects were selected ahead of the 26th pick. At Oklahoma State, Jenkins played a few games at left tackle, and Brugler projects him as a starting tackle who is more talented and possesses more athleticism than Liam Eichenberg, the left tackle from Notre Dame who we selected with the 31st pick in our first mock draft.

The Browns then use the 31st pick to select Zaven Collins, the talented outside linebacker from Tulsa.

Other notable prospects potentially available: receiver Terrace Marshall Jr. (LSU), defensive end Gregory Rousseau (Univ. of Miami), defensive end Azeez Ojulari (Georgia) and tackle Samuel Cosmi (Texas).
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:18 AM 03-30-2021
Is Teven even a capable left tackle?

I know we all love the dude but he’s an NFL right tackle.

But Taylor has connections, sooooo
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:02 AM 03-30-2021
A trade like that I’m fine with. We move up in the first and third and only give up a fourth.
[Reply]
O.city 08:28 AM 03-30-2021
From what I've read, everyone seems to think he's a RT.

But if they like him there, I'm good with it. Up to them. I trust them completely on it.
[Reply]
In58men 09:16 AM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
per Nate Taylor of the Athletic:

Round 1 (pick 26): OT Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State

Yes, we started this mock draft with a fairly significant trade: The Chiefs sent the 31st, 94th and 136th picks to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for the 26th and 91st pick.

The reasoning here is pretty simple: The Chiefs need to acquire the most talented tackle they can in the first round of the draft. Sure, the Chiefs could still strengthen their roster by signing a veteran left tackle with either Russell Okung or Alejandro Villanueva. But for the future of the franchise, as protecting Mahomes matters most for Veach and Reid, the Chiefs should do what they can to move up in the first round if a tackle prospect they covet is still available. And that was the impetus for our make-believe trade.

The more film of Jenkins I watched, the easier it was to see why he can have a successful career. Chiefs fans should start falling in love with Jenkins. Listed at 6-foot-7 and 320 pounds, Jenkins can bully defenders and has long arms to stay attached to the pass rusher to disrupt their path to the quarterback. Jenkins is athletic, too, and works hard to engage in a block when he’s downfield, which should pair well with the complex screen passes Reid designs. One issue, as Brugler notes, is that Jenkins could stand to be more consistent with his technique. The Chiefs should have faith in offensive line assistant Andy Heck to help polish Jenkins’ technique and hand placement.

In Brugler’s new Top 100 Big Board, Jenkins is the 20th-ranked prospect.

By trading picks with the Browns, the Chiefs were able to jump over AFC contenders in the Baltimore Ravens (pick 27) and the Buffalo Bills (30), two teams that could select Jenkins. In The Athletic’s first beat writer mock draft earlier this month, the Ravens selected Jenkins.

In our mock, one reason the Chiefs were able to select Jenkins (after the trade) was because they benefited from a run on edge players, as four such prospects were selected ahead of the 26th pick. At Oklahoma State, Jenkins played a few games at left tackle, and Brugler projects him as a starting tackle who is more talented and possesses more athleticism than Liam Eichenberg, the left tackle from Notre Dame who we selected with the 31st pick in our first mock draft.

The Browns then use the 31st pick to select Zaven Collins, the talented outside linebacker from Tulsa.

Other notable prospects potentially available: receiver Terrace Marshall Jr. (LSU), defensive end Gregory Rousseau (Univ. of Miami), defensive end Azeez Ojulari (Georgia) and tackle Samuel Cosmi (Texas).
What TE did he have us drafting?
[Reply]
Chargem 09:32 AM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
What TE did he have us drafting?
Round 3 (pick 91): TE Tommy Tremble, Notre Dame
[Reply]
In58men 09:34 AM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Round 3 (pick 91): TE Tommy Tremble, Notre Dame
Thanks
[Reply]
staylor26 10:13 AM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
From what I've read, everyone seems to think he's a RT.

But if they like him there, I'm good with it. Up to them. I trust them completely on it.
It’s far from “everyone”.

I think he can play LT, and I get the sense that the Chiefs do too based on Taylor and them meeting with him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:28 AM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s far from “everyone”.

I think he can play LT, and I get the sense that the Chiefs do too based on Taylor and them meeting with him.
or that Niang can.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:44 PM 03-30-2021
Jeremiah's mock draft from over the weekend had us trading up to #25 for Jenkins.

Now Taylor.

That's a little smoke. Probably time to start looking for the fire.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:10 PM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Jeremiah's mock draft from over the weekend had us trading up to #25 for Jenkins.

Now Taylor.

That's a little smoke. Probably time to start looking for the fire.
Link?

I’m having trouble finding it.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 31
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up