ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 25
« First < 142021222324 25 >
In Memoriam>RIP Saccopoo
Sorter 06:45 PM 05-16-2016
It appears that our friend Saccopoo has lost his battle with a cancerous brain tumor.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294345

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/des...275&fhid=29609

RIP friend!

[Reply]
philfree 12:22 AM 03-07-2017
Didn't really know Saccopoo but may he rest in peace.

Buried my Dad today. 1929 to 2017 Korean War Vet and then a self made millionaire. I knew we were having the military send off and that they would fold his flag. I figured my older brother would receive the flag and I'm good with that. What I didn't expect was to be presented his uniform. What an honor. I found a five hour pass in the pocket of the Jacket from 1952 which was when he was being discharged. Pretty awesome. Can only imagine what he did for those five hours.

I asked my dad one day that if the reason he was the tank commander was because he enlisted instead of being drafted. He said "no it was the process of elimination." I think he was third down the line of command.

RIP Dad
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:36 AM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by philfree:

Buried my Dad today. 1929 to 2017 Korean War Vet and then a self made millionaire. I knew we were having the military send off and that they would fold his flag. I figured my older brother would receive the flag and I'm good with that. What I didn't expect was to be presented his uniform. What an honor. I found a five hour pass in the pocket of the Jacket from 1952 which was when he was being discharged. Pretty awesome. Can only imagine what he did for those five hours.

I asked my dad one day that if the reason he was the tank commander was because he enlisted instead of being drafted. He said "no it was the process of elimination." I think he was third down the line of command.

RIP Dad
Sorry to hear this. Condolences to you and thanks to your dad for his service.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:06 AM 03-07-2017

RIP Dad
Sorry to hear that. Many thanks to your father for his service. It sounds like he served with distinction.
[Reply]
Whosurdaddy 09:12 AM 03-07-2017
RIP, I've definately lurked here way more than I've posted over the years, but I was sad to hear this.

I'm a support rep for neurosurgeons and patients that go through these types of things. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. It's incredibly hard on people and their families.

I hope he's found peace, and I hope his family does as well.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:28 PM 03-07-2017

RIP Dad
Wow, Condolences Phil. My dad is also a Korean War vet . Born in 1927. He will be 90 in September. It is sad. Knowing I will be going to his funeral before long.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:54 PM 03-07-2017
Sorry to hear that Phil.
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 01:56 PM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
No idea who he was. But he must have been a great guy as so many of you are hurt by his passing.
For that I'm truly sorry.
RIP
He would write great posts with pics and vids in the draft forum.
You may not have always agreed with his picks but they were well
thought out and very thorough scouting reports on the players he liked for us.
And every year he had one of his boys from Utah going to the chiefs.
RIP Sacc
[Reply]
patteeu 01:57 PM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh:
He would write great posts with pics and vids in the draft forum.
You may not have always agreed with his picks but they were well
thought out and very thorough scouting reports on the players he liked for us.
And every year he had one of his boys from Utah going to the chiefs.
RIP Sacc
Was he a fan of Alex Smith since he played at Utah?
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 02:11 PM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Was he a fan of Alex Smith since he played at Utah?

He had Kizer as his 1st pick in his last mock.
[Reply]
OldSchool 06:36 PM 03-09-2017
Damn, I knew he had cancer but didn't know that he had passed. RIP Sac.
[Reply]
Braincase 10:55 AM 03-10-2017
RIP
[Reply]
chagrin 03:19 PM 01-12-2020
Very late, RIP Saccopoo, cancer sucks
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:42 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by chagrin:
Very late, RIP Saccopoo, cancer sucks
WWWHHHOOOAAAAAA

Welcome back, chagrin