ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official Fast Food Thread
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:17 PM 01-10-2022
Discuss your favorite chains, history of said chains, thoughts on the future of the industry, etc etc.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:55 PM 02-10-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I watch a lot of silly shit on YouTube. At some point, a bunch of videos popped up featuring people from Ireland and Great Britain trying American food for the first time. One of them showed a bunch of junior high-age kids trying fried chicken with biscuits and sausage gravy with sweet iced tea for the first time. They all reacted like they'd just died and gone to the VIP level of heaven. To all of it. And I'm sitting there thinking, "Jesus, it's just fried chicken." And also wondering what in the hell they feed these poor kids that makes them think it's the best thing they've ever eaten.
They really live on French fry sandwiches and beans on toast. Its prison food
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 08:56 PM 02-10-2024
They love spotted dick too.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:00 PM 02-10-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
They really live on French fry sandwiches and beans on toast. Its prison food
They were talking about beans on toast in that video. One of them said that prior to trying biscuits and gravy it had been his favorite, but now he'd never eat it again. :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:57 PM 02-10-2024
I've been to a few hotels over the years that served English breakfast buffets. It kind of makes me ill when I think about them.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:03 PM 02-10-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've been to a few hotels over the years that served English breakfast buffets. It kind of makes me ill when I think about them.
Didn’t want to have extra mushrooms and blood sausage to start your day?

Those freaks eat like nuclear fallout scavengers
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:19 PM 02-10-2024

I just can't get to blood sausage.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:20 PM 02-10-2024

The fish and chips is probably okay. But other than that....
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:34 PM 02-10-2024

:-) Nice description.

I think the big pans of beans bothered me the most. I actually like a good helping of pork 'n' beans at dinner or even lunch, but I don't tend to eat much for breakfast, and a big ol' plate of beans is about the last thing that I'd do.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:38 PM 02-10-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
:-) Nice description.

I think the big pans of beans bothered me the most. I actually like a good helping of pork 'n' beans at dinner or even lunch, but I don't tend to eat much for breakfast, and a big ol' plate of beans is about the last thing that I'd do.
Yuck. So beans is a breakfast staple? Is farting a problem over there? I'd have to assume it would be. I'd be lethal if I ate beans for breakfast. Good lord. :-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:51 PM 02-10-2024
I watch a lot of silly shit on YouTube. At some point, a bunch of videos popped up featuring people from Ireland and Great Britain trying American food for the first time. One of them showed a bunch of junior high-age kids trying fried chicken with biscuits and sausage gravy with sweet iced tea for the first time. They all reacted like they'd just died and gone to the VIP level of heaven. To all of it. And I'm sitting there thinking, "Jesus, it's just fried chicken." And also wondering what in the hell they feed these poor kids that makes them think it's the best thing they've ever eaten.
I saw the one with gravy and biscuts.

It was great. My daughter did a semester in London and said the food was really bland. Pepper is spicy there.
[Reply]
Womble 10:53 PM 02-10-2024
I'm enjoying watching this conversation unfold. Some completely retarded and ignorant takes but I'll let it slide because I like going to the zoo and observing the monkeys interact. It's fascinating.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:56 PM 02-10-2024
Originally Posted by Womble:
I'm enjoying watching this conversation unfold. Some completely reeruned and ignorant takes but I'll let it slide because I like going to the zoo and observing the monkeys interact. It's fascinating.
Have you ever tried fried chicken? :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 06:38 AM 02-11-2024
Have you ever tried fried chicken? :-)
Median household income over there is like $44,000(I did the conversion from Hogwarts bucks to real, American money). They live in squalor and cannot afford such niceties. That's like an entire country that's Mississippi level poor.

Beans on toast and french fry sandwiches make a lot more sense when you view it thru that lense. You need very cheap, carb heavy foods that are filling.
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 10:25 AM 02-11-2024
Yuck. So beans is a breakfast staple? Is farting a problem over there? I'd have to assume it would be. I'd be lethal if I ate beans for breakfast. Good lord. :-)
"Rectum? Danged near kilt 'um!"
[Reply]
Womble 11:22 AM 02-11-2024
Median household income over there is like $44,000(I did the conversion from Hogwarts bucks to real, American money). They live in squalor and cannot afford such niceties. That's like an entire country that's Mississippi level poor.

Beans on toast and french fry sandwiches make a lot more sense when you view it thru that lense. You need very cheap, carb heavy foods that are filling.

The best stats on average household income is from the ONS (
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...yearending2022).Average disposable household income is £32,300 and 'disposable household income' is defined as salaries/earnings after tax. Assuming a rough rate of 30% tax that puts it at £46,142 or 58,272 of your bucks. Also take into account that the average salary in my home city of London is roughly 25% higher than the rest of the UK and you'll get a better picture on how much us southern Bongers have to live on, on average.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Up