ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 26
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Spags does it again
RunKC 08:52 PM 01-21-2023
20 points allowed
Lawrence three for only 90 yards in his first 23 attempts (3.91 avg)
Tackling was solid
Blitzes were very good including the Reid blitz that on the Watson pick play

He did this with 5 rookies playing a lot of snaps today. Just a remarkable performance from his defense
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:17 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by :
I don't like Spags and his system, and I never will.

[Reply]
tredadda 03:21 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Chiefsplanet wanted Sutton gone in the worst way.

But, Chiefsplanet says that if Ford didn't line up in the neutral zone, Bob Sutton would be a great Defensive Coordinator who took us to the Super Bowl.

I said Spags had a great game plan. I am open minded enough to give him credit when I think he deserves it.

You liars (I say liars because we all know you were pissed off and screaming each time we gave up a 3rd and long, but now you claim it was good defense) absolutely refuse to ever blame Spags for any of his terrible defensive calls.

You are a broken record when it comes to defending Spags. Whatever crap call he makes, like playing soft zone leaving the middle of the field open on 3rd & 4, or playing zone with the corners back 20 yards on 3rd & 16 giving up a first down, you all say the same thing "ROOKIES" blah FN blah.

You are all the same liars who claim it's ridiculous for me to criticize Andy Reid for running it up the middle on every 1st down at the end of the game, because Andy Reid knows more about football than I do, yet we all know that every time we did it and ended up in 2nd & 8 over and over, you were screaming and asking WTF during the game, but now it was great offense.

By that logic, every time you criticized Todd Haley, Romeo Crennel, and Herm Edwards, you were all idiots because they all know more about football than you do.

On this board you all act like coaches don't deserve criticism for bad decisions, yet if you were being honest, which you are not, you would admit that during the games you get upset or frustrated with either defensive or offensive play calling, at some point in the game.

You liars and gatekeepers are insufferable. I am sure some of you now claim that punting the ball back to Cincy instead of going for it on 4th & 8 at the end of the game was the right call, even though, again, if you were being honest, you would admit that you thought the game was over at that point, and that Cincy was going to move the ball and kick the game winning FG, again.

I don't like Spags and his system, and I never will. However, I will give him credit when he deserves it. The rest of you can keep lying and gatekeeping. You can say my take is ridiculous, but at least I am being honest with my take.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
Holy cow that's a ton of fail in one post.

1. Not sure anyone thought Sutton was a good DC even if Ford was onsides.

2. This team, without Gay and Sneed for most of the game allowed 20 points to a very good Bengals team. They also caused Burrow to have more INTs than TDs.

3. Those HCs you named were perpetually bad. Andy is #5 all time in wins, and tied for #2 in all time playoff wins. To compare him to those people is nonsense.

4. You must have missed when people do criticize the coaches......when warranted.

5. Untrue on your punting claim. I know I said it was the right call and said why and I know I was not alone in that sentiment.

6. Your first sentence in this last paragraph says it all. You are approaching Tribal Elder level ridiculous with your take based on the fact you don't like Spags or his system.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:29 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Chiefsplanet wanted Sutton gone in the worst way.

But, Chiefsplanet says that if Ford didn't line up in the neutral zone, Bob Sutton would be a great Defensive Coordinator who took us to the Super Bowl.

I said Spags had a great game plan. I am open minded enough to give him credit when I think he deserves it.

You liars (I say liars because we all know you were pissed off and screaming each time we gave up a 3rd and long, but now you claim it was good defense) absolutely refuse to ever blame Spags for any of his terrible defensive calls.

You are a broken record when it comes to defending Spags. Whatever crap call he makes, like playing soft zone leaving the middle of the field open on 3rd & 4, or playing zone with the corners back 20 yards on 3rd & 16 giving up a first down, you all say the same thing "ROOKIES" blah FN blah.

You are all the same liars who claim it's ridiculous for me to criticize Andy Reid for running it up the middle on every 1st down at the end of the game, because Andy Reid knows more about football than I do, yet we all know that every time we did it and ended up in 2nd & 8 over and over, you were screaming and asking WTF during the game, but now it was great offense.

By that logic, every time you criticized Todd Haley, Romeo Crennel, and Herm Edwards, you were all idiots because they all know more about football than you do.

On this board you all act like coaches don't deserve criticism for bad decisions, yet if you were being honest, which you are not, you would admit that during the games you get upset or frustrated with either defensive or offensive play calling, at some point in the game.

You liars and gatekeepers are insufferable. I am sure some of you now claim that punting the ball back to Cincy instead of going for it on 4th & 8 at the end of the game was the right call, even though, again, if you were being honest, you would admit that you thought the game was over at that point, and that Cincy was going to move the ball and kick the game winning FG, again.

I don't like Spags and his system, and I never will. However, I will give him credit when he deserves it. The rest of you can keep lying and gatekeeping. You can say my take is ridiculous, but at least I am being honest with my take.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
Huh? I actually thought suttons scheme was on early on. But that was a short time period when the Ryan scheme was on trend. There was universal hate for suttons scheme in the final years. Even romo was calling every single patriots play and they completed it like clockwork.

You don’t have to like spags. That’s ok. But everyone has been tough on the guy. And Sutton was universally disliked. So you’ve got a few things pretty wrong.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 03:30 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by :

By that logic…
Just shut the fuck up. Spags just won this team another CCG and you’re twisting yourself in knots to show your actually pete%gz ‘s less successful, underachieving brother.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 04:17 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I don't care for Spags but dude seems to pull it out of his ass when the playoffs come around.

I guess that's all that matters.....
And I say it takes REAL effort to top this kind of sundowner syndrome idiocy.

Holy fuck.
[Reply]
wachashi 05:06 PM 01-31-2023
Sutton had a system. And that's pretty much all he ran. It was "I hope our guy beats their guy. If not, they should try harder." He saw some success with that approach because he had a stacked defensive roster for a few years.

Spags is much more matchup specific. He runs a multitude of coverages and will actually think critically about what levers he can pull defensively to create an advantage. This approach is less reliant on out-talenting the other team. Which is exactly what we need in our current situation.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:39 PM 01-31-2023
can you imagine if our OL had held up in 2020?

spags would have a statue on arrowhead plaza for wasting tom brady in a super bowl

PERIOD
[Reply]
FringeNC 05:47 PM 01-31-2023
On a yards allowed per play, this is the best defense the Chiefs have had since 2015 (and it's a tie at 5.1).
[Reply]
COchief 05:55 PM 01-31-2023
Gotta give credit for the overall result but Spags also made several dumb as F calls on 3rd and long resulting in an easy 1st down.

The part that really bothers me is the logic fail, be aggressive on 2nd down and force a long 3rd, be aggressive as that is what got you to 3rd and long...oh wait nope, go against the strategy that resulted in the 3rd and long and go soft zone, oops first down.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:58 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by COchief:
Gotta give credit for the overall result but Spags also made several dumb as F calls on 3rd and long resulting in an easy 1st down.
Name the play, explain the 'call' and what was 'dumb as fuck' about it.

Because Chase catching a jump ball between double coverage or Hurst catching a dig route because our top remaining CB slipped on his break doesn't count.
[Reply]
raybec 4 05:59 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Name the play, explain the 'call' and what was 'dumb as ****' about it.

Because Chase catching a jump ball between double coverage or Hurst catching a dig route because our top remaining CB slipped on his break doesn't count.
Woah! Don't be asking for facts or ask people to show their work. We don't do that here!
[Reply]
Bump 06:00 PM 01-31-2023
does anyone else remember Mahomes first year starting, I honestly forget who the DC even was that year, but damn before Spags it had to be one of the worst in history. Nothing like dropping 50 points and losing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:06 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Name the play, explain the 'call' and what was 'dumb as fuck' about it.

Wait, I got it. The 3rd and 14 conversion to Boyd.

Oh wait, he had Bolton on a choice Blitz (who picked up the RB instead of continue the rush) and was running what looks like man cover 1 with Chase bracketed on the far side of the field.

So yeah, tell me more about all this soft zone that allowed the Bengals to convert because kiddo - I see 3 of them and not a ONE of them qualify.

I'm all atwitter with anticipation at the education I'm about to receive.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:07 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
does anyone else remember Mahomes first year starting, I honestly forget who the DC even was that year, but damn before Spags it had to be one of the worst in history. Nothing like dropping 50 points and losing.
Sutton. I'll NEVER forget.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:09 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by wachashi:
Sutton had a system. And that's pretty much all he ran. It was "I hope our guy beats their guy. If not, they should try harder." He saw some success with that approach because he had a stacked defensive roster for a few years.

Spags is much more matchup specific. He runs a multitude of coverages and will actually think critically about what levers he can pull defensively to create an advantage. This approach is less reliant on out-talenting the other team. Which is exactly what we need in our current situation.
I think that’s an oversimplification. That’s like saying Rex Ryan wasn’t a great defensive coach at one point. Sutton had a pretty decent scheme even with DEs who couldn’t stay healthy. This was back in the days when lots of defenses were running Tampa 2 and Ryan/Sutton started to move to these nickel and dime looks. The problem was that Sutton never evolved the scheme to the changing times. Rex Ryan tried to evolve his scheme to bring more pressure but just wasn’t successful.

I feel a little bad for Sutton because a lot of his bad rep is the chiefs fault for keeping him maybe 2 years or so past his usefulness.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 26
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up