ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 335
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:27 AM 05-22-2015
Maybe it's just me....but I kind of wanted to see the Jaime vs. Blackfish conversation that happened in the book.
[Reply]
Hawk 09:46 AM 05-22-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Sooo awesome.

Never been a Coldplay fan, but that was pretty good!
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:54 AM 05-22-2015
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Never been a Coldplay fan, but that was pretty good!
I was laughing out loud by the end.
[Reply]
Amnorix 11:17 AM 05-22-2015
Ok, some of that was painful, but Rastafarian Targaryen alone made it worthwhile. :-)
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 11:21 AM 05-22-2015
- Cutting out ironborn. Sorry, but those chapters bored me. Does anybody care about the Damphair or whatever his name is?

[Reply]
MagicHef 11:30 AM 05-22-2015
The deviations from the book have not all been great, but let's not pretend that they have all sucked either. A few deviations that I have liked:

- Brienne vs the Hound tops this list. That was an awesome fight!
- Arya and Tywin at Harrenhall. Loved those scenes
- Margery Tyrell and Lady Olenna. Both characters are far better on the show.
- Khal Drogo. Was never a fan of him in book, but loved him on the show.
- Bronn. Much better on show than in books
- Cutting out ironborn. Sorry, but those chapters bored me. Does anybody care about the Damphair or whatever his name is?
- Simplifying Mereen. Book Mereen is just not very enjoyable with too many weirdly named characters to keep track of. Show mereen isnt great, but its better than the books.
Yes, I even said that some of the changes were good. I'd add Tywin as well, but I think that was mainly casting, not any changes by the writers that made him such a compelling character on the show.

I'd disagree with the Ironborn, though. Victarion, Euron, dragon-binding horn?
[Reply]
NewChief 02:01 PM 05-22-2015
The first romantic ballad about incest in Coldplay's career.

Freaking awesome.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:12 PM 05-22-2015
It is impossible to overstate how awful the sand snakes are.

They re-cast Da'ario over the off-season, hopefully they'll do the same with those 3. Or just play yackety sax during every scene they're in.

Do something - they'll lose an insane amount of momentum if they don't fix up those characters quickly.

That was pretty certainly the worst episode of the series thus far and I don't even give a !@#$ about the Sansa rape. It was just an awful episode outside of that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:16 PM 05-22-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
People will freak out.

Game of Thrones is kind of on it's own in the regard that it has this die hard fan base but it also has this fan base that knows nothing about the books. The good thing is that even if that the people who aren't die hards leave the show.....it'll still be able to survive just off the book readers.
The book readers will leave the show if there's much more of the shit we were subject to last week.

Fucking sand snakes. Good lord they are terrible. They're 'Sofia Coppola in Godfather 3' terrible. They're bad enough to bring down entire episodes by their mere presence.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:18 PM 05-22-2015
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It is impossible to overstate how awful the sand snakes are.

They re-cast Da'ario over the off-season, hopefully they'll do the same with those 3. Or just play yackety sax during every scene they're in.

Do something - they'll lose an insane amount of momentum if they don't fix up those characters quickly.

That was pretty certainly the worst episode of the series thus far and I don't even give a !@#$ about the Sansa rape. It was just an awful episode outside of that.
It had some cheeseball moments for sure.

The Sandsnakes....the scene where Bronn and Jaime "sneak" into Dorne...i didn't think that was executed very well....you know...the scene where their horses conveniently walk the other direction...seemed cartoonish to me. The scene Where Bronn says, "looks like she's already made herself at home" also came off as cartoonish.

I liked the episode though because it felt like the show was finally pushing forward to some serious drama.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:24 PM 05-22-2015
The book readers will leave the show if there's much more of the shit we were subject to last week.

****ing sand snakes. Good lord they are terrible. They're 'Sofia Coppola in Godfather 3' terrible. They're bad enough to bring down entire episodes by their mere presence.
It appears right now that choosing the Sand Snakes over Arianne Martell was a bad choice. I think they did it to keep the connection with the somewhat-known character (The Red Viper's paramour) and avoid introducing too many new characters.

But looking back, the whole thing probably streamlines better if they dump the sand snakes, bring Arianne to King's Landing with the Red Viper, and have him fuck everything that moves rather than having the committed girlfriend.

Arianne takes the "My beloved (uncle)!" role during the fight with the Mountain. And now she's back in Dorne and plotting. You can even work in the seduction of the Kingsguard thing if you want at that point.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:31 PM 05-22-2015
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It appears right now that choosing the Sand Snakes over Arianne Martell was a bad choice. I think they did it to keep the connection with the somewhat-known character (The Red Viper's paramour) and avoid introducing too many new characters.

But looking back, the whole thing probably streamlines better if they dump the sand snakes, bring Arianne to King's Landing with the Red Viper, and have him fuck everything that moves rather than having the committed girlfriend.

Arianne takes the "My beloved (uncle)!" role during the fight with the Mountain. And now she's back in Dorne and plotting. You can even work in the seduction of the Kingsguard thing if you want at that point.
And Darkstar! That guy was a badass.

The sand snakes are confusing as all hell in print; they're even worse on screen and when you case 3 wooden, largely indistinguishable and completely forgettable hacks in the roles, it gets even worse.

I'd have taken Grif over the damn sand snakes. Just a terrible decision.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:36 PM 05-22-2015
And Darkstar! That guy was a badass.

The sand snakes are confusing as all hell in print; they're even worse on screen and when you case 3 wooden, largely indistinguishable and completely forgettable hacks in the roles, it gets even worse.

I'd have taken Grif over the damn sand snakes. Just a terrible decision.
It also seems that if you wanted to use the Sand Snakes and depict them as badass, you would focus on finding people who can actually fight. Those three looked like jokes.

AND: They're leaving out the best sand snake, by far. Where's my Sarella at?
[Reply]
Third Eye 05:54 PM 05-22-2015
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It also seems that if you wanted to use the Sand Snakes and depict them as badass, you would focus on finding people who can actually fight. Those three looked like jokes.

AND: They're leaving out the best sand snake, by far. Where's my Sarella at?
As someone who hasn't watched any of the season, have they included Oldtown at all?
[Reply]
MagicHef 07:52 PM 05-22-2015
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
As someone who hasn't watched any of the season, have they included Oldtown at all?
Nope
[Reply]
Page 25 of 335
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Up