ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>A tradition like no other ****Official Masters Thread****
Demonpenz 08:11 PM 04-10-2024
Anyone watching
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:46 AM 04-15-2024
Yeah scheffler is like the Mike trout of golf. An absolute joy to watch. But despite having personality just not very marketable. They both kinda just go about their business
[Reply]
philfree 10:53 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The PGA Tour is about to close a deal with PIF (the Saudi fund that backs LIV) to fund its tour, so I trust everyone that has a problem with LIV and its funding will also have a problem with the PGA Tour shortly too?
If the PGA funds itself with the Saudi dollars then I'll quit watching it. I wonder what Bobby Jones would think of what's happening in pro golf these days?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:13 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by philfree:
If the PGA funds itself with the Saudi dollars then I'll quit watching it. I wonder what Bobby Jones would think of what's happening in pro golf these days?
Well they already have a framework deal for PIF funding and the plan is to follow through on it this year. With as bad as the tour has been doing since the LIV division, it's gonna happen. The Saudis are also in the process of reaching a deal to fund the major tennis tours as well.

I guess you can still watch the amateurs play?
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:20 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
The MASTERS is NOT a PGA event.
Whatever. So it's a self contained event. You get what I mean.

Seriously, what the hell is up your ass today? All over BRC and his health issues. What gives?
[Reply]
crispystl 12:17 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Scheffler is a robot out there, isn't he?

None of this Mickelson stuff where he's hitting save shots all day and hanging on like grim death. Or even Woods and guys like Rory who hit incredible shots in between fairly mundane holes.

He's just out there going fairway to green all day. With little/no emotion. He's easily the best golfer on the tour right now and doesn't seem to have a fanbase.

Have we had a silent assassin sort in awhile?
Yeah, there's a little irony there because everyone says "Yeah he's great, he's just so damn boring". Well consistency IS boring and that's exactly what you want playing golf.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:23 PM 04-15-2024
It wouldn't have been boring yesterday if somebody was actually good enough to challenge him. His competitors shriveled up.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 12:33 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Whatever. So it's a self contained event. You get what I mean.

Seriously, what the hell is up your ass today? All over BRC and his health issues. What gives?
The Masters is a de facto tour event. It favors players on the U.S. PGA Tour.

Every winner of a PGA Tour event (except for the Zurich Classic and a few secondary tournaments like the one in Puerto Rico) gets invited.

Everyone in the PGA Tour Championship gets an invite, too.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:30 PM 04-15-2024
It wouldn't have been boring yesterday if somebody was actually good enough to challenge him. His competitors shriveled up.
Really think Aberg is going to be a challenger down the road. Watched him a little bit last year at the Big 12 tourney at Prairie Dunes and the kid is good. Won the individual title by like 8 strokes.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:53 PM 04-15-2024

City AM, London’s most read financial paper, is reporting Rory McIlroy could be close to joining LIV Golf for $850 million plus an ownership stake in the league. This report comes on the back of strong rumours among media members at the Masters.

More:https://t.co/jbPmQVHAGM

— Flushing It (@flushingitgolf) April 15, 2024

Rory on the way out next?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:53 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Really think Aberg is going to be a challenger down the road. Watched him a little bit last year at the Big 12 tourney at Prairie Dunes and the kid is good. Won the individual title by like 8 strokes.
Agreed, he hits a great ball. Might even be a top 10 player (skill/talent-wise) in the world already. If it wasn't for 11, he might have been right there at the end.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:58 PM 04-15-2024
Agreed, he hits a great ball. Might even be a top 10 player (skill/talent-wise) in the world already. If it wasn't for 11, he might have been right there at the end.
Believe he's ranked #9 in the world - 24 years old.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:26 PM 04-15-2024

Rory on the way out next?
Holy shit, man.

That's just a ludicrous sum of money.

I wonder if those guys wanna buy a baseball team next? Give Bill DeWitt $8 billion and he'll be happy to let them go...
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:31 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Holy shit, man.

That's just a ludicrous sum of money.

I wonder if those guys wanna buy a baseball team next? Give Bill DeWitt $8 billion and he'll be happy to let them go...
Yeah, I have to think Rory is gone if that offer is in any way accurate.

And those guys are gonna want in on the NFL inevitably at some point too.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:47 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Yeah, there's a little irony there because everyone says "Yeah he's great, he's just so damn boring". Well consistency IS boring and that's exactly what you want playing golf.
Bingo! This is exactly right!

In all my years of watching the PGA on TV, I don't recall seeing anyone have that kind of consistency off the T yesterday, it was truly masterful.
[Reply]
philfree 06:15 PM 04-15-2024
Well they already have a framework deal for PIF funding and the plan is to follow through on it this year. With as bad as the tour has been doing since the LIV division, it's gonna happen. The Saudis are also in the process of reaching a deal to fund the major tennis tours as well.

I guess you can still watch the amateurs play?
I'll watch the girls/Nelly Korda play. Don't watch tennis these days but I still think it sucks. I'm not sure adding the defected players back with the Saudi dollars will increase their ratings. There's a chance it might make it worse.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up