ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 112
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
Megatron96 01:17 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Yeah, he's a long shot. May not even make the 53 man roster. We get it.
That wasn't my question. I was asking, for those that have seen more of this guy than I have, "does this guy have the other prerequisites other than speed to be a legit WR in the NFL?"
[Reply]
Danguardace 01:32 PM 04-08-2023
Think the draft will tell us what we need to know. If they draft Johnson or Mingo probably means they dont rate his chance, then again that could be a move so they can let MVS go next season
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:18 PM 04-08-2023
For those going on about Ross's 40 time. Keenan Allen ran a 4:71 and 4:75 at the combine and guess what? He was injured too. It's clear Ross was dealing with foot issues as he openly said he messed up his foot and tried to play through it after he returned from the neck injury.

Imo the physical traits are all there. His video displays sound technique too with his routes, hand fighting, positioning etc so it's just a matter of whether he can stay healthy and pick up the playbook. Byron Freaking Pringle had the same journey as Ross by missing his first year and then became a decent rotation piece so if he can do it you can bet your ass Ross can too.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:21 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
IF they don't take a WR with any kind of size in the draft, we'll know that's the case.

I'd love to know what Mahomes thinks right now, as Ross is down in Texas running with the boys.
He's probably thinking "I don't know what the guys on CP are losing their shit for. No matter who we add, we're gonna be in the AFCC for the 45th time in a row."
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:23 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
For those going on about Ross's 40 time. Keenan Allen ran a 4:71 and 4:75 at the combine and guess what? He was injured too. It's clear Ross was dealing with foot issues as he openly said he messed up his foot and tried to play through it after he returned from the neck injury.

Imo the physical traits are all there. His video displays sound technique too with his routes, hand fighting, positioning etc so it's just a matter of whether he can stay healthy and pick up the playbook. Byron Freaking Pringle had the same journey as Ross by missing his first year and then became a decent rotation piece so if he can do it you can bet your ass Ross can too.
So we're saying that Justyn is at least as gifted/talented a WR as Keenan Allen now? Is that legit?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:20 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So we're saying that Justyn is at least as gifted/talented a WR as Keenan Allen now? Is that legit?
Oh, come on.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:29 PM 04-08-2023
Oh, come on.
Hush. I'm bored and trying to start an argument.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:38 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
If he still has NFL-level speed as well.

Ftr, I hope he is faster than 4.6 whatever. With his catch radius and the little I've seen of his other abilities, he could be a decent WR for KC. His length and athleticism could be a real problem for opposing defenses.
Like you say, there are 'ifs'.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 03:46 AM 04-09-2023
He was projected as a first rounder before his health issues, so to me it seems like it's really just how he's tracking with those and whether time away from the game has made him lose a step.

He's still young and has the potential to be a great player in the NFL. Seems like there's nowhere better for him right now than KC.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 07:45 AM 04-09-2023
Like you say, there are 'ifs'.
The draft is an “if”
[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:53 AM 04-09-2023
The good thing is that he's 24.

But its just one of those things...if he doesn't blossom in the next yr or 2 it's probably never going to happen. And it wouldn't surprise me if he's cut after this training camp.

We'll see.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:26 AM 04-09-2023
I'm guessing that Ross is this year's Bobby Sippio. He'll look great in camp. Everyone on CP will be sure that he's a lock for the roster. Then, he gets cut and the panic ensues. "The Bills are going to grab him and he will be the reason that they beat us in the Superbowl" will be the overwhelming sentiment. Then, he clears waivers and the Chiefs don't even put him on the PS. He fades into the background and from then on, only exists in CP lore along with Jessie Haynes, Bobby Sippio, and the rest of the CP training camp heroes.

Or, he goes on to be the next Randy Moss. Could go either way.

:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:31 AM 04-09-2023
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
The good thing is that he's 24.

But its just one of those things...if he doesn't blossom in the next yr or 2 it's probably never going to happen. And it wouldn't surprise me if he's cut after this training camp.

We'll see.
If he doesn't make WR5, yeah, more than likely.

But if he's truly healthy, I'd think he plays faster on two good feet and has had a year of film study in the offense, so I'd think he's got a good shot.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:38 AM 04-09-2023
We all know he's a longshot and that it would be awesome if he worked out and magically fixed a position of need. I don't think people need to come in here and poo poo the idea. We all know it.

As far as his ability to run routes, his training videos seem promising on that one
[Reply]
Chargem 10:50 AM 04-09-2023
I can't remember how the contract structure works for these types of situations, if Ross turns out to be a plus receiver, how many years of control do the Chiefs have?
[Reply]
Page 63 of 112
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Up