ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Media Center>Video Card chat
vailpass 02:08 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Seen some really good benchmarks from the Radeon 6800s. But I've also seen some scary stories of drivers not working worth a shit, and performance close to the GeForce cards with half the RAM. The Radeon card apparently suck at ray tracing right now too.

AMD RX 6800 XT runs at almost half the frame rate of Nvidia's RTX 3080 in Vulkan Ray Tracing tests

Still too early for me to jump on the Radeon wagon considering the prices they're asking.
Yep.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:01 PM 02-06-2021
Seen some really good benchmarks from the Radeon 6800s. But I've also seen some scary stories of drivers not working worth a shit, and performance close to the GeForce cards with half the RAM. The Radeon card apparently suck at ray tracing right now too.

AMD RX 6800 XT runs at almost half the frame rate of Nvidia's RTX 3080 in Vulkan Ray Tracing tests

Still too early for me to jump on the Radeon wagon considering the prices they're asking.
Kind of figured by the time they were readily available, they might have those things figured out. If not I will grab a 30 series, I’m all about running the best instead of brand
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:26 PM 02-06-2021
My buddy was able to snag a 3090 but he isn't getting anywhere near the performance that they showed. He games on 4k so the cpu shouldn't matter much right?
[Reply]
Fish 01:52 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
My buddy was able to snag a 3090 but he isn't getting anywhere near the performance that they showed. He games on 4k so the cpu shouldn't matter much right?
Yes, the CPU absolutely matters. You'll need a good CPU for pushing 4K gaming. It will definitely bottleneck that GPU's performance.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:06 PM 02-06-2021
Like Fish said, cpu bottleneck is a much-discussed issue with the 3090.
Here is a bottleneck calculator your buddy could use to see how his cpu/ graphics card combo will work together at different resolutions.

https://pc-builds.com/calculator/
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:52 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Like Fish said, cpu bottleneck is a much-discussed issue with the 3090.
Here is a bottleneck calculator your buddy could use to see how his cpu/ graphics card combo will work together at different resolutions.

https://pc-builds.com/calculator/
That says a .7% bottleneck
[Reply]
vailpass 04:28 PM 02-06-2021
That says a .7% bottleneck
At 4K? Great. What cpu is he using?
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:08 PM 02-06-2021
Overland Park MicroCenter has a 3080 in stock, just in case anyone is looking.

As of 1608 Feb 6th
[Reply]
vailpass 04:29 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:

As of 1608 Feb 6th
Good looking out :-)
MC seems to get more stock than most other retailers.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:32 PM 02-06-2021
Good looking out :-)
MC seems to get more stock than most other retailers.
Right before I bought mine my hookup there told me they get them 3 or 4 days a week if you want to camp out for a few hours to try to get one. I had no interest in that but they DO receive some every week.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:26 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Right before I bought mine my hookup there told me they get them 3 or 4 days a week if you want to camp out for a few hours to try to get one. I had no interest in that but they DO receive some every week.
Thanks. For some reason there are no MCs in the Phoenix metro area. :-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:00 AM 02-07-2021
Thanks. For some reason there are no MCs in the Phoenix metro area. :-)
2 kinds of people in this world, those with and those without Microcenters near them :-)
[Reply]
Fish 10:48 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:

As of 1608 Feb 6th
Actually that's been there since yesterday. Went there in the afternoon, but they didn't have it. This is the 3rd time its happened. While I was there at the store browsing around no fewer than 3 other people came and asked the staff about it.

:-)
[Reply]
vailpass 10:54 PM 02-06-2021
Actually that's been there since yesterday. Went there in the afternoon, but they didn't have it. This is the 3rd time its happened. While I was there at the store browsing around no fewer than 3 other people came and asked the staff about it.

That sucks. This shit is ridiculous.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 12:54 AM 02-07-2021

Well that fucking sucks butthole
[Reply]
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up