ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Media Center>Jurassic World Dominion (2022)
Tribal Warfare 11:50 PM 11-27-2021

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:14 PM 06-13-2022
Yeah but no one is turning .50 cals on feral cats.

We'd wipe them out.

That's what this SHOULD have been. Armies WIPING OUT herds of dinos.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:55 PM 06-13-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yeah but no one is turning .50 cals on feral cats.

We'd wipe them out.

That's what this SHOULD have been. Armies WIPING OUT herds of dinos.
This is correct.

Though my memory is that Jurassic Park has essentially made dinosaurs being bulletproof part of the canon at this point.

But yeah, if dinosaurs ever started breeding and making their way into the wild, it would be open season on them and no number of Chris Pratts would prevent a wholesale extermination.

Because c'mon Chris - can't have those things prowling about because you made friends with one of 'em once.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:10 PM 06-13-2022
hollywood doesn't have the balls to make a movie like that though

but you could have potentially had a real interesting movie there - governments trying to wipe out dinosaurs, while the black market is trying to keep them in captivity, and pratt is racing against both trying to get baby blue back
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:56 AM 06-14-2022
hollywood doesn't have the balls to make a movie like that though

but you could have potentially had a real interesting movie there - governments trying to wipe out dinosaurs, while the black market is trying to keep them in captivity, and pratt is racing against both trying to get baby blue back
Sounds like a nice little 10 episode Netflix series...

What I can't figure out at that point is how seriously you'd want to take it. I mean you could make it a dinosaur version of Ash vs. Evil Dead w/ Sam Neil out there hamming it up and chewing up scenery and it would be pretty hilarious.

Or you just throw some money at Clive Owen, Ioan Guffudd, Andre Holland and Kim Se-Jeong and have them take it more seriously. It'll cost more but you have just enough talent there (none of whom have really broken out and for the former 2 they may just not) to get some prestige cred.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:28 AM 06-14-2022
Boy is this true
Attached: 317DA66D-CC3D-43AC-8ADB-32011B463AEC.jpg (71.8 KB) 
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:23 PM 06-16-2022
Just watched the Pitch Meeting and this might be the first time he makes me decide to not see a movie I was planning to see. I mean, I know he has a way of exaggerating the bad elements but this just sounds awful.
[Reply]
Snica 05:47 AM 06-17-2022
Why does everyone have to be a critic on the side?

Sure, it's not jurassic park, but it was better than every sequel other than lost world. It didn't get boring. It had great cgi. It did have cryngy parts but all of them did.

Its a popcorn flick and nothing more. Just turn off your brain and enjoy it for what it is.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:21 AM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Just watched the Pitch Meeting and this might be the first time he makes me decide to not see a movie I was planning to see. I mean, I know he has a way of exaggerating the bad elements but this just sounds awful.
bro the dinos were fucking awesome, goldblum had a few funny lines, pratt's action scenes were great

go see it
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:26 AM 06-17-2022
Taking the nieces and nephews to see this tomorrow.

I wanna see it, but im a little jaded because i still haven't seen Maverick yet.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:09 PM 06-17-2022
I could only watch about 20-30mins.

If the beginning didn't suck and drag out so bad maybe i'd be enticed to watch more of it. The last movie they put out was REALLY bad.

Guess I'm just getting old...or these movies are getting more and more ridiculous the more they put out another sequel.

Prob a lil bit of both.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 12:19 PM 06-17-2022
On my 13th birthday, my parents bought me a Jurassic Park t-shirt which was cool and the big event for the day was they took me and all my invited guests to the movies to see the OG Jurassic Park. It was a great birthday.

Now Jurassic Park is about denigrating men. Times have certainly changed.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:01 PM 06-18-2022
Originally Posted by Snica:
Why does everyone have to be a critic on the side?

Sure, it's not jurassic park, but it was better than every sequel other than lost world. It didn't get boring. It had great cgi. It did have cryngy parts but all of them did.

Its a popcorn flick and nothing more. Just turn off your brain and enjoy it for what it is.
  1. Why should people watch shitty movies and be silent?
  2. Why shouldn't people tell others that a movie is shitty? Also
  3. Have you not seen this forum before? This forum is full of fanboys who'll excuse almost any movie or show. They're still here defending DC, Star Wars, shitty Marvel Movies, and the like

This place needs more genuine criticism, not less.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:35 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
  1. Why should people watch shitty movies and be silent?
  2. Why shouldn't people tell others that a movie is shitty? Also
  3. Have you not seen this forum before? This forum is full of fanboys who'll excuse almost any movie or show. They're still here defending DC, Star Wars, shitty Marvel Movies, and the like

This place needs more genuine criticism, not less.
Oh look, JPB again smearing his misery around some more.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:36 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I could only watch about 20-30mins.
So you spent money to see a movie and then walked out after 20-30mins?
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:45 AM 06-20-2022
bro the dinos were fucking awesome, goldblum had a few funny lines, pratt's action scenes were great

go see it
This.

The dinos were fucking bad ass. Better than the two prior movies. This movie felt more "monster movie" than the previous iterations.

Yeah, yeah, if you're an anal prude with a stick up your ass and can't just enjoy a monster movie then sure, there's plenty of things to pick on.

Yes, characters magically teleported places. Plot armor everywhere. Seemingly unkillable characters. Dinos that can't chase down a grandma in one scene, but are sprinting at 80MPH in another scene....like every Jurassic Park ever made, and a plot that really didn't make much sense.

But the action scenes were fun and exciting. The CGI/Dino-movements were again a step above previous iterations.

Surprisingly the dinosaurs were a lot more ferocious than in previous movies. There were a number of pretty cool scenes.

It's a mindless fun action/monster movie. Go enjoy it.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up