ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1009 of 1922
« First < 950990995999910051006100710081009 10101011101210131019105911091509 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Are you going to take the vaccine?
GloryDayz 08:48 AM 12-01-2020
I know I'm going to try to be first in line, but what about the rest of you? I'm not sure if the death count is where the science community wants it to be, plus Birdbrain hasn't been sworn in, so I expect there will be delays, but that's beside the point.

You can be honest.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:50 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
Well Donger has a good theory re the timing of the chart. I'll go with that explanation, unless you have a persuasive reason not to.

But let's say Masks, etc. are 50% as effective against COVID as they are against the Flu.

So your position is like "If a seat belt is only 50% likely to save my life in a frontal crash, then what's the point?"
Since masks come with warnings stating they clearly do not prevent transmission of coronaviruses, I'll go ahead and assume your 50% number is just a touch high.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:51 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Again, flu didn't disappear last season. It was just greatly diminished because it didn't get the chance to infect a good portion of the population last year, who would then go on to infect 2.5 other people, and they would infect 2.5 others and so on. It's really just math along with science.
Yes or no - we were told over and over that people refusing to mask and distance was leading to explosions of deaths and cases all across the country?
[Reply]
Donger 12:52 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Since masks come with warnings stating they clearly do not prevent transmission of coronaviruses, I'll just assume your 50% number is just a touch high.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...sars-cov2.html
[Reply]
Donger 12:52 PM 09-13-2021
Yes or no - we were told over and over that people refusing to mask and distance was leading to explosions of deaths and cases all across the country?
Cases and deaths of/from COVID-19?
[Reply]
Bowser 12:53 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The best theory I heard recently was that the tests they were doing for flu were for the wrong strains.

I saw a Google listed research scholar who works in the field say that he thought flu not only was around but was working in tandem with Covid and often attacking simultaneously.
So they were screwing up the PCR testing for the WuFlu while simultaneously screwing up flu tests?

This is my shocked face.
[Reply]
meleknistra 12:53 PM 09-13-2021
:-)
Originally Posted by Mennonite:

"And now, my beloved disciples. The moment of truth... the needle of love."
I had two Pfizer shots long time ago. I also ordered myself all the necessary meds from canadian pharmacy just in case i will have the nasty covid. We have two boxes of masks, gloves and sanitizers at home. A bit too much, isn't it?
[Reply]
banyon 12:55 PM 09-13-2021
Since masks come with warnings stating they clearly do not prevent transmission of coronaviruses, I'll just assume your 50% number is just a touch high.
prevent ≠ reduce changes of contracting.

But even if it were 25%, would it still not be worth doing?
[Reply]
Bowser 12:55 PM 09-13-2021
Cases and deaths of/from COVID-19?
No, from Legionnaire's Disease. lol

Yes or no, damn you!
[Reply]
banyon 12:57 PM 09-13-2021
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...sars-cov2.html
From the link:

Originally Posted by :
An investigation of a high-exposure event, in which 2 symptomatically ill hair stylists interacted for an average of 15 minutes with each of 139 clients during an 8-day period, found that none of the 67 clients who subsequently consented to an interview and testing developed infection. The stylists and all clients universally wore masks in the salon as required by local ordinance and company policy at the time.36
In a study of 124 Beijing households with > 1 laboratory-confirmed case of SARS-CoV-2 infection, mask use by the index patient and family contacts before the index patient developed symptoms reduced secondary transmission within the households by 79%.37
A retrospective case-control study from Thailand documented that, among more than 1,000 persons interviewed as part of contact tracing investigations, those who reported having always worn a mask during high-risk exposures experienced a greater than 70% reduced risk of acquiring infection compared with persons who did not wear masks under these circumstances.38
A study of an outbreak aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt, an environment notable for congregate living quarters and close working environments, found that use of face coverings on-board was associated with a 70% reduced risk.39
Investigations involving infected passengers aboard flights longer than 10 hours strongly suggest that masking prevented in-flight transmissions, as demonstrated by the absence of infection developing in other passengers and crew in the 14 days following exposure.40,41
So looks like 50% was actually "a touch low". This also fits with my experience, as among the people I have lived and worked with who have been consistent about mask useage, none have caught COVID.
[Reply]
Donger 12:58 PM 09-13-2021
No, from Legionnaire's Disease. lol

Yes or no, damn you!
Okay. I'll presume that you were/are refrring to COVID-19 deaths.

Yes, after the initial wave in March where things really shut down, there was a drop but still relatively high numbers. Then, things were relaxed in the summer and we saw another spike.

My point is that COVID-19 DID manage to get a massive foothold of cases last year. Flu did not.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:58 PM 09-13-2021
COVID-19 vaccine boosters unnecessary for most, say FDA advisers reportedly resigning over issue

https://www.foxnews.com/health/covid...-fda-resigning
[Reply]
Donger 01:00 PM 09-13-2021
From the link:

So looks like 50% was actually "a touch low". This also fits with my experience, as among the people I have lived and worked with who have been consistent about mask useage, none have caught COVID.
It's probably somewhere between 20 and 50% effective, but we don't know for sure. And almost certainly better as a source control method.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:01 PM 09-13-2021
prevent ≠ reduce changes of contracting.

But even if it were 25%, would it still not be worth doing?
I'll tell you what - make a list of all the downsides of wearing a mask and I'll weigh that list against the probability of a mask giving me anywhere between 0-25% chance of not catching the Chinese Death. Deal?
[Reply]
Donger 01:01 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
COVID-19 vaccine boosters unnecessary for most, say FDA advisers reportedly resigning over issue

https://www.foxnews.com/health/covid...-fda-resigning
The comments come after Dr. Janet Woodcock, acting commissioner of the FDA, and Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, recently advised the White House that regulators need more time to review necessary data before approving a COVID-19 booster shot plan. The guidance from the FDA and CDC is that both agencies have so far only accumulated enough data to suggest that some individuals who received the Pfizer vaccine should get a booster shot.

Completely agree.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:12 PM 09-13-2021
From the link:

That 2 hairdressers story is not shit for evidence.

It is so weak that it makes the maskholes like you look desperate.
[Reply]
Page 1009 of 1922
« First < 950990995999910051006100710081009 10101011101210131019105911091509 > Last »
Up