ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 951 of 2687
« First < 451851901941947948949950951 9529539549559611001105114511951 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:55 AM 09-10-2018

No one hyped up Patrick Mahomes more than @PSchrags this offseason.

How’d he feel about the @Chiefs QB’s Week 1 performance? pic.twitter.com/RV5GSiOrxr

— GMFB (@gmfb) September 10, 2018

This guy is hilarious
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:57 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'll say the same thing about the drops that I said about them when people made excuses for Cassel and Smith.

I. Don't. Care.

EVERYONE has drops. Every QB in the league has drops and most of them have a roughly equivalent amount. Some have a few more, some a few less but in the end they come out in the wash.

A 55% completion percentage isn't terribly good. And yes, some were dropped, but Hill also made a one handed catch while spinning around into double (triple?) coverage on an underthrown ball and landed on his damn head. That play had little to do with Mahomes. The 2 'completions' on shovel passes? That shit evens out.

He needs to get that completion% up a bit if for no other reason than to give the defense more of a blow. They were pretty damn gassed out there because Mahomes missed a couple balls that could've extended drives. Not a ton, mind you, but a couple. And as a general rule I'll take his aggressiveness over a 70% completion%.

But if he needs to take one or two fewer kamikazee strikes down the field to get that rate up to 60% or so, he probably should. That's kinda a bright red line to me - he needs to stay above that or he's not playing complementary football. It's exciting football, but he'd be doing a pretty major disservice to his defense. 70% means you're probably being a chickenshit. 50-55% means you're putting a lot of pressure on your defense and this defense ain't gonna stand up to that.

60ish% and a good YPA means you're pressing downfield when it's there, keeping defenses honest and keeping drives alive. And when he gets to be truly elite; peak Mahomes (he's nowhere near that yet), he may be able to challenge that 70% without a hiccup and without dialing down aggression. Right now he's not quite there (the throw to Kelce that he rifled for no real reason in the end zone being one of those examples). There's room to improve here and I am confident he will.

And yes, that 60% will be inclusive of drops because drops happen, gents. Just accept that and move along.
He needs to be more like Alex.
[Reply]
FAX 10:59 AM 09-10-2018
The 2nd to last drive of the 2nd and the first drive of the 3rd were attempts by Reid to reign him in, IMO. That's why he got back on the running game a little.

Pat was ****ing GEEKED. That's why I say he was falling into some bad TT habits; guy was inching towards balls to the walls, hair on fire, playground football. We'll love that when we're down 13 in the 4th but there are times that needs to be controlled somewhat and I think Reid did a nice job of slowing things up a bit for him, getting his feet back under him and calming him down.

He played far more composed in the 2nd half and I think those 2 drives were a big part of that.
Amen.

Wally knows what he's doing.

On a sidenote, Wally did something I've never seen him do before. He sat next to Tyreek on the bench for awhile. Maybe he was just enjoying the cooling fans, but it was ... different.

FAX
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:08 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Yep. Kamara would be crazy in this offense.
Fuck everyone sending me shitty rep messages and PMs around week 7 last year for saying we were fools for passing on Kamara and taking Hunt in the pre-season.

Lord, I've never said anything to spin people up more than that.

That miss will pretty much chap my ass for a looooooong time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:10 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:

That's a LOT more aggressive than I'd have expected from Watson, to be honest. Then again, that's a lot more aggressive than Watson and his noodle arm should be.

So if he wants to keep trying those passes, good luck and godspeed, brah.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:14 AM 09-10-2018
If Watkins does not let a 1st down go through his hands...

Kelce does not drop an easy one...

Ware does not get pummeled out of bounds by the power of Mahomes throw- according to Fouts...

James does not get a pinky in at the last second to keep DAT from scoring a TD...

That is another 100 yards of offense with 5 TD's. People would probably still complain.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:15 AM 09-10-2018
That's a LOT more aggressive than I'd have expected from Watson, to be honest. Then again, that's a lot more aggressive than Watson and his noodle arm should be.

So if he wants to keep trying those passes, good luck and godspeed, brah.
Watson is trying to hit a 400 yard drive with the putter.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:23 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, he's just unreal.

FWIW, in case anyone cares, I put up 125 points in a league this week and got absolutely demolished.
I put up 110 with pat and hill. Guy against me had look Kamara too. He's probably gonna hit 150 total
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:25 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I put up 110 with pat and hill. Guy against me had look Kamara too. He's probably gonna hit 150 total
I have Mahomes, Hill and Kamara in one of my leagues. 132 points between those three.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:25 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
If Watkins does not let a 1st down go through his hands...

Kelce does not drop an easy one...

Ware does not get pummeled out of bounds by the power of Mahomes throw- according to Fouts...

James does not get a pinky in at the last second to keep DAT from scoring a TD...

That is another 100 yards of offense with 5 TD's. People would probably still complain.
That play from Ware...Jesus. How poor does your situational awareness have to be to let a simple swing pass just walk you OOB short of the sticks?

Especially a guy that's supposed to be a power back. What's he angling towards the sideline for anyway? It was one of those 'sneaky awful' plays that was damn near as damaging as the Watkins drop. Killed a drive for no reason whatsoever.
[Reply]
O.city 11:26 AM 09-10-2018
That play from Ware...Jesus. How poor does your situational awareness have to be to let a simple swing pass just walk you OOB short of the sticks?

Especially a guy that's supposed to be a power back. What's he angling towards the sideline for anyway? It was one of those sneaky 'awful' plays that was damn near as damaging as the Watkins drop. Killed a drive for no reason whatsoever.
Yeah, it was weird. All he had to do was turn straight upfield and truck that dude for a first.
[Reply]
O.city 11:27 AM 09-10-2018
Ware did look good yesterday though.

Which is another reason I'd love to have Kamara here now. I think Ware can give you 80 percent of Hunt and then Kamara on the field with Hill, Kelce, Watkins etc? Yeah.
[Reply]
O.city 11:33 AM 09-10-2018

This discuss this play. The play design is $$. Chiefs use the FB (21 personnel) as a wing instead of being in 12 personnel which keeps the Chargers in base. That leaves Sherman on a slow LB. Beautiful throw. Simple route concept. All Go. Perfectly done pic.twitter.com/gZiMIMAzXK

— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) September 10, 2018

Dj brought this up in some thread and I thought I'd put it here, but this is the kind of stuff Reid doesn't get credit for.
Mostly because the casual fan has no clue about it, hell I didn't either, but there ya go
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:36 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
I have Mahomes, Hill and Kamara in one of my leagues. 132 points between those three.
That's a league winner there imo
[Reply]
O.city 11:38 AM 09-10-2018
I was playing a guy with Brees, Kamara, Mike Evans and Gronk

I had no chance
[Reply]
Page 951 of 2687
« First < 451851901941947948949950951 9529539549559611001105114511951 > Last »
Up