ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 901 of 2683
« First < 401801851891897898899900901 902903904905911951100114011901 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
staylor26 08:36 AM 08-20-2018
Lol Tyreek will burn every one of those guys not named Ramsey.
[Reply]
Strongside 08:42 AM 08-20-2018
The hits keep coming:

https://deadspin.com/patrick-mahomes...adspin_twitter
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:44 AM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
63 is yards from LoS
He didn’t throw it from the line of scrimmage. It said air yards.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:01 AM 08-20-2018
I’m still wondering what Pat was thinking on that awful pick. It was Tyreek on the left and Sammy on the right with the defense playing single high.

Pat had time and the safety was shifting towards Sammy bc of Mahomes eyes. I wonder why he didn’t go to Tyreek, who was single covered?

I’m wondering if Mahomes was just trying to force it to Sammy to get him involved bc he was having bad chemistry with him all night?

It just seemed weird. Like it was a one read play before the ball was even snapped.
[Reply]
O.city 09:04 AM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m still wondering what Pat was thinking on that awful pick. It was Tyreek on the left and Sammy on the right with the defense playing single high.

Pat had time and the safety was shifting towards Sammy bc of Mahomes eyes. I wonder why he didn’t go to Tyreek, who was single covered?

I’m wondering if Mahomes was just trying to force it to Sammy to get him involved bc he was having bad chemistry with him all night?

It just seemed weird. Like it was a one read play before the ball was even snapped.
It's a play fake with 2 outside go routes or stops based on coverage I'd imagine. He took the single high safety right to the ball with his eyes. He's gotta look him off and not stare down the WR.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:06 AM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I think I heard they were forcing the ball to Sammy to get him involved in the offense.
[Reply]
PmCakes 09:10 AM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Worst WR/CB matchups this season:

1. Kansas City Chiefs

Downgrade: Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins

If there's a poster team for this season's series of WR/CB matchup columns, it's the Chiefs. Kansas City's receivers face the league's toughest cornerback schedule -- and it's not close. The slate includes the hardest schedule overall and for No. 1, No. 2 and left perimeter receivers. It's second-hardest on slot and right perimeter receivers.

Coach Andy Reid moves his receivers around plenty, but Watkins (69 percent perimeter last season) and Hill (62 percent) usually line up outside. This will mean matchups with star cover corners Casey Hayward (twice), Richard Sherman, Chris Harris Jr. (twice), Jalen Ramsey, A.J. Bouye, Stephon Gilmore, William Jackson, Patrick Peterson, Marcus Peters, Aqib Talib and Jimmy Smith. And that doesn't even include a potentially lethal Cleveland group that includes Denzel Ward, T.J. Carrie and E.J. Gaines.

Kansas City will face nine of the top-11 cornerback groups and only three who are ranked worse than 15th. Hill and Watkins are both tremendous talents, but this is one of the hardest cornerback schedules imaginable. Both should be downgraded.
This is actually quite frightening.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:12 AM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I think I heard they were forcing the ball to Sammy to get him involved in the offense.
From media or the coaches?
[Reply]
prhom 09:42 AM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by PmCakes:
This is actually quite frightening.
I just can’t wait to watch the Rams game with Peters playing. I am willing to bet the Tyreek and Kelce know just how to get him riled up. Should be good for a few personal fouls. I also hope we get to see Hunt run him over in the open field as Peters is trying to avoid tackling the guy.

As for the rest of the DBs we play, you want to be the best? Beat the best. Maybe not very good for our stats (which I appreciate is the point of the article) but it should be fun to watch as Pat and the WRs develop better chemistry.
[Reply]
prhom 09:44 AM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
From media or the coaches?
I’m pretty sure Pat said in his post-game interview that play was one where he had made up his mind where the ball was going before the play started. He made it sound like it was his choice and that he learned that you need to take what the defense gives you rather than force things.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:15 AM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Worst WR/CB matchups this season:

1. Kansas City Chiefs

Downgrade: Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins

If there's a poster team for this season's series of WR/CB matchup columns, it's the Chiefs. Kansas City's receivers face the league's toughest cornerback schedule -- and it's not close. The slate includes the hardest schedule overall and for No. 1, No. 2 and left perimeter receivers. It's second-hardest on slot and right perimeter receivers.

Coach Andy Reid moves his receivers around plenty, but Watkins (69 percent perimeter last season) and Hill (62 percent) usually line up outside. This will mean matchups with star cover corners Casey Hayward (twice), Richard Sherman, Chris Harris Jr. (twice), Jalen Ramsey, A.J. Bouye, Stephon Gilmore, William Jackson, Patrick Peterson, Marcus Peters, Aqib Talib and Jimmy Smith. And that doesn't even include a potentially lethal Cleveland group that includes Denzel Ward, T.J. Carrie and E.J. Gaines.

Kansas City will face nine of the top-11 cornerback groups and only three who are ranked worse than 15th. Hill and Watkins are both tremendous talents, but this is one of the hardest cornerback schedules imaginable. Both should be downgraded.
Sherman, who is coming off an injury, is supposed to shut down the Cheatah?

:-)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:16 AM 08-20-2018
https://twitter.com/Sp0rtsTalkJo3/st...490099712?s=20
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:17 AM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by prhom:
I’m pretty sure Pat said in his post-game interview that play was one where he had made up his mind where the ball was going before the play started. He made it sound like it was his choice and that he learned that you need to take what the defense gives you rather than force things.
Plus, if Sammy drifted to the right, it would have been a TD. Lack of effort by Sammy.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:21 AM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol Tyreek will burn every one of those guys not named Ramsey.
I agree- Chris Harris Jr. looks like he has lost a step- he can't even cover a rookie in practice. He has been burned like a campfire marshmallow.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:24 AM 08-20-2018
Orange mane is a great read XD these guys think the division is theirs
[Reply]
Page 901 of 2683
« First < 401801851891897898899900901 902903904905911951100114011901 > Last »
Up