ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 2687
« First < 313738394041 4243444551911415411041 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
milkman 06:47 AM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
Not since DJ have I love a pick more.
I think in recent memory, the pick I loved the most was Charles.

But this pick signifies a commitment that this organization hasn't made in decades.

Just love that.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:41 AM 04-29-2017
Honest question regarding Mahomes... considering the history of 'air raid' style QBs in the NFL, what is it about this kid that gives so many the belief that he can be the one that actually makes the successful transition?
[Reply]
nychief 07:46 AM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Honest question regarding Mahomes... considering the history of 'air raid' style QBs in the NFL, what is it about this kid that gives so many the belief that he can be the one that actually makes the successful transition?

All trolling aside, I think you have to place your faith in the coaching staff. Also, i think often the spread guys are pushed to play too soon, where as PH2 will sit for a year or two.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:49 AM 04-29-2017
Really, I think Reid /Dorsey moving up 17 spots in the 1st to take the guy says volumes. They obviously see something they think they can develop and it's well said by many that the arm talent is there but he needs to develop his footwork. Some analysts are already sending him to the pro bowl after a couple years under Reid.

Us Chief fans are just elated that our management is taking a shot to actually choose and develop a franchise QB.
[Reply]
bigjosh 07:53 AM 04-29-2017
I think the air raid thing is overblown. These kids were just doing what they were told to in college. That isnt really indicative of what they are able to do with proper coaching and adjustments.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:57 AM 04-29-2017
If you're looking for a serious answer, I'm not judging him as an air-raid stat setter.

I don't think a few years in an 'air-raid' system ruins a player. It may have inflated their desirability in the past. But his desirability stems from his attitude on and off the field, and strongly by both the apparent consensus of scouts around the league and the determination of the Chiefs FO to acquire him.
[Reply]
hometeam 07:58 AM 04-29-2017
Aside from whats been mentioned, I think the leagues FO's saw that he didnt run a typical air raid ofense. He made pre snap reads and judgements, was allowed to change the play etc.

Most college spread/air raid guys are doing the 1 read and go or the coach read from the sideline thing. Mahomes and Texas Tech didnt do that, they ran a pro style pre-snap read and progression mixed with the effectiveness of the college football air raid play style.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:59 AM 04-29-2017
He lined up everybody, he used 13-14 word verbiage pre-snap and 80% of his passes were full field reads.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:59 AM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Hammock Parties?

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:00 AM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
80% of his passes were full field reads.
lol...we are in for a treat after years of one read/check down/scramble bullshit
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:01 AM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Aside from whats been mentioned, I think the leagues FO's saw that he didnt run a typical air raid ofense. He made pre snap reads and judgements, was allowed to change the play etc.

Most college spread/air raid guys are doing the 1 read and go or the coach read from the sideline thing. Mahomes and Texas Tech didnt do that, they ran a pro style pre-snap read and progression mixed with the effectiveness of the college football air raid play style.
And, my question wasn't asked just to be a prick... I haven't watched much of TTU in recent years, but I've heard similar things to what you typed.

I dont' think the 'air raid' concern is over-blown as someone else put it, there's a definite trend there as it props up what a player can do at the next level. Who knows how things would have gone had RGIII been able to sit a year or two, same for the others.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:05 AM 04-29-2017
The Air Raid is predicated on taking any dipshit and turning him into a 4500 yard passer. Kliff Kingsbury, Graham Harrell... all average joe doofuses who killed it in college.

Look at the athlete, the arm strength, the tenacity, the velocity, the deep ball accuracy, and the improvisation skills when forced outside the pocket.

Now tell me what the fuck Pat Mahomes has to do with fucking shitty Graham Harrell.

Nothing. He's an entirely different player.

The stuff he needs to work on can be coached. He's NFL accurate and NFL-built. He doesn't have to learn how to throw unlike some players entering the NFL (coughTEBOWcough).
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:06 AM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Hammock eRapist is better :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:09 AM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The Air Raid is predicated on taking any dipshit and turning him into a 4500 yard passer. Kliff Kingsbury, Graham Harrell... all average joe doofuses who killed it in college.

Look at the athlete, the arm strength, the tenacity, the velocity, the deep ball accuracy, and the improvisation skills when forced outside the pocket.

Now tell me what the **** Pat Mahomes has to do with ****ing shitty Graham Harrell.

Nothing. He's an entirely different player.

The stuff he needs to work on can be coached. He's NFL accurate and NFL-built. He doesn't have to learn how to throw unlike some players entering the NFL (coughTEBOWcough).
So, is there a general consensus on how long he should sit and learn... 1 season, 2 seasons? I think it's going to be a painful time as the mass reaction to Alex will be more negative, more often and early with this guy on the bench. The cries from fans to start him now will be strong.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:15 AM 04-29-2017
So, is there a general consensus on how long he should sit and learn... 1 season, 2 seasons? I think it's going to be a painful time as the mass reaction to Alex will be more negative, more often and early with this guy on the bench. The cries from fans to start him now will be strong.
When has this team ever listened to the fans? It took a goddamn series of airplane banners for them to hear us last time.

Kansas City has finally done what they promised to do when they fired Pioli. They now no longer owe the fans JACK SHIT. If there are fans that want Alex benched in year one and Reid doesn't think Mahomes is ready, they can go FUCK OFF.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 2687
« First < 313738394041 4243444551911415411041 > Last »
Up