ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1165 of 2683
« First < 16566510651115115511611162116311641165 116611671168116911751215126516652165 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:52 AM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
My concern is that he'll make so much money raping faces at quarterback that he'll have no interest in coming back as the OC and eventual HC. I need Patrick Mahomes to be a part of my football life until I am dead.
Well you don't have to worry about him being in the booth.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:52 AM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Shit.

Can he be any worse than Witten?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:53 AM 10-10-2018
Shit.

He'd get a lot of little kid fans to watch the games.
[Reply]
Frosty 10:01 AM 10-10-2018
Shit.

I don't mind the froggy southern drawl. He needs to hire a vocal coach, though, to help break him of the 'Yeah, I mean" before every. single, sentence.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:01 AM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The ARod interview is great.

He told Patrick "there is no future for you in football. you are a baseball player." :-)
Hopefully Mahomes doesn't do photo shoots in the nude staring into a mirror at himself kissing himself
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:03 AM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I don't mind the froggy southern drawl. He needs to hire a vocal coach, though, to help break him of the 'Yeah, I mean" before every. single, sentence.
He could take lessons from Andy.

Then he'd just start every sentence with "hey listen..."

Once I noticed that, it's all I ever hear from Andy Reid. My memory is that it was Herm that said "At the end of the day" about a dozen times each presser and I'm sure every other asshole we've had has had something like that. But man, Reid's just terrible with it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:07 AM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Hopefully Mahomes doesn't do photo shoots in the nude staring into a mirror at himself kissing himself
Mahomes is going to get a painting of himself as a Chimera, representing the dynamic nature of his talents.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:10 AM 10-10-2018
telling that alex's TD percentage barely changed. can lead a horse to water but...

[Reply]
Molitoth 10:15 AM 10-10-2018
Clay did you miss this meme? Hilarious.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...ostcount=17434
[Reply]
Best22 11:12 AM 10-10-2018
Great quarterbacks never become coaches

Manning won't coach. Guys like Jason Garrett will
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:16 AM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
Great quarterbacks never become coaches

Manning won't coach. Guys like Jason Garrett will
I've always thought Peyton Manning wouldn't be an OC or HC running an offense because he'd be too frustrated to not have the ability to directly change plays at the LoS.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:30 PM 10-10-2018
More interesting stuff from that ESPN article:

Originally Posted by :
The binary nature of his sports journey in many ways helped shape the playing style that NFL fans are just waking up to. More than his rocket arm, Mahomes relies on instinctive breaks from the pocket to find open receivers. Mahomes referred to it as "using every inch of green grass on the field, whether horizontally or vertically." Kingsbury attributed it to the unexpected but rewarding consequence of splitting time between baseball and football in his youth.

"He just wasn't overcoached," Kingsbury said. "Maybe by not having the quarterback tutors that would have worked on his fundamentals, telling him he always had to step to his target and have his elbow at a certain angle. Maybe that helped him learn to throw the football on his own. He has touch and accuracy from different angles and different platforms. His ball just has a natural way of coming out, and you can see that in the way he plays."
Originally Posted by :
"Those off-schedule throws are a part of who he is," Kingsbury said. "You see some guys that got repped over and over on certain fundamentals that limit them. He plays with a freeness and throws with a freeness that allows him to do spectacular things. He was never really corralled into a mechanical five-step drop, stay in the pocket, find your check downs. He was always allowed to cut it loose and play. There have been skeptics at every level saying it won't work. But that's what he's really good at."

To make it work, however, he needed a coach who would welcome an unorthodox quarterback and was all about challenging convention. As it turned out, Reid had been building toward this moment for more than a decade.
Maybe they're gonna start coaching young QB phenoms differently after all this.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:35 PM 10-10-2018
Would be perfect for Chiefs radio though.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:36 PM 10-10-2018

This is why I think people saying that if Alex had this start we'd have "torn him to shreds". To me, this start was as Anti-Alex as it gets. Mahomes took chances, threw for over 300 yards against the #1 defense in the NFL (Alex managed 300 yards 9 times in 5 year career with the Chiefs), and drove all over the field to put the Jags out of the game before they knew what hit them. He did throw 2 interceptions on risky throws, but to me, that separates the performance from Alex even more.

I think Alex goes something like 22/38 for 224 yards with 0 TD's and INT's. Do we win? Maybe, but I'm not convinced we score on the first drive - and if we don't get out to a 13-0 lead, the Jags likely establish the run and its a different game.

If I had to guess - I think this game would have been a photocopy of the Tenn games from 2016 & 2018. Ending with a last second dagger field goal and us losing 17-19 or some such.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:39 PM 10-10-2018
Holy shit.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...as-city-chiefs
Indeed. We just landed Einsteinmanningrodgersfavre.

He's going to make enough money from football and endorsements that hopefully he just buys the team from The Clarks.

And renames us the Kansas City Mahomes.
And I would have zero fucking problem with that.
[Reply]
Page 1165 of 2683
« First < 16566510651115115511611162116311641165 116611671168116911751215126516652165 > Last »
Up